PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbook Embroidery Question

julyjewel
05-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Hey everyone,

Maybe soemone can help with this. I purchased a scrapbook for my daughter that has a plain fabric on it. I wantted to get her name embroidered on it with a pic of a rainbow. Can this be done? Or should I find an applique of a rainbow and just try to get that stiched on the front of the scrapbook. Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

murphy1
05-03-2010, 06:02 PM
I do sewing and embroidery but not scrapping. You could even glue the rainbow on I would think, or try Ebay or Etsy, I've had people there do specialized stuff for me for quilting.

Jennifer_and_Chris
05-04-2010, 11:05 AM
If you can somehow take the fabric off or have a different fabric embroidered and then have it adheared on after would work. However, if you can't do this yourself, you may want to bring the scrapbook to a specialty book/scrap store to see if they have a book binder. Some specialty (not kinko's) print shops (maybe a place that embroiders shirts/totes, etc) may also be able to do this for you.

If that's too much work/$$ then I would get a rainbow fabric or patch and have that embroidered with the name. Then affix it on the book cover with fabric paint or the no-sew stuff. - just be careful when using the no-sew if you have to iron it.

HTH!!!

magicalmom
05-07-2010, 09:54 PM
You can duplicate counted cross stitch with fabric paint - perhaps this would work for you?