PDA

View Full Version : Captain EO Vs Honey I Shrunk....

Superzeus84
04-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Just wanted to get everyones opinion, I have never seen captain EO but I am very excited about it. I know that it will only be a temporary replacement, but which would you rather have at Epcot long term.................:secret:

I cant really decide until I see Captain EO to be fair. However, I am not a huge fan of Honey I shrunk the audience so i am leaning more towards EO.

gollybass
04-30-2010, 03:53 PM
something new entirely, I like honey I shrunk the audience more that eo though. The whole disney having an MJ thing is just wierd IMHO.

KylesMom
04-30-2010, 03:57 PM
something new entirely Ditto. Instead of either, I choose neither. Both are old, tired & dated - not "classic". Sorry! While DS,12, knows who MJ was (as an aside, he died the day we were at DHS last year), he'd probably have a hard time recognizing the MJ of Captain EO and the MJ who's been highly publicized the past couple of years. He can't believe the same guy who sung Thriller was the "man with the mask" of recent times.

He's never seen - nor has any desire to see - Honey I Shrunk the Kids. This attraction was around for our first trip in 2000, and both the movie & theater have deteriorated horribly.

Superzeus84
04-30-2010, 04:02 PM
something new entirely, I like honey I shrunk the audience more that eo though. The whole disney having an MJ thing is just wierd IMHO.

Yeah, I would tend to agree with you on this. I wish they would make a new 3D Film with Walle(space scene) or Up. But an attraction like that would fit a lot better at DHS.

Goes4FastPass
04-30-2010, 04:15 PM
This would be a great time for Disney to replace Honey, Audience Interest Sure Has Shrunk with something NEW.

Ai, yi yi, are they going tell us CaptainEo is Claaaaaaaasic?

It's 2010 and the 3D movie they show at the Imagination pavilion at EPCOT at Walt Disney World should not be inferior to this week's 3D feature at the local cineplex.

ransam
04-30-2010, 04:48 PM
yea, i was really disappointed in Disney for bringing back EO. I love MJ the entertainer, but he's not up to Disney standards in my oppinon. that being said, i don't like the Honey show either. so basically we have to choose from a troubled entertainer from the 80's or a movie from the 80's? disney can do better than that.

kakn7294
04-30-2010, 05:07 PM
I never liked Captain EO but I do like HISTA despite the fact that it's old. I wouldn't mind seeing it replaced with something more modern though.

Tink1
04-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Sorry, Captain EO fan here.

Planned on heading to DL to see it, but now I don't have to!

Nanc

Disney-4-Me
04-30-2010, 10:16 PM
I've seen both, although of course it's been awhile since Captain EO. I remember loving it though and not being impressed at all with Honey. I can't wait to see Captain EO this fall!:thumbsup:

eeyoregirl13
05-01-2010, 04:24 PM
I prefer Honey I Shrunk the Audience MUCH MORE than Captain EO. However, I agree it is very dated and something new all-together in this space would be great!

Disney4us2
05-02-2010, 10:23 PM
While DD and both love Captain EO, it is meant to be a tribute and not a regular attraction. I would love to have HISTA replaced with something new at WDW and Disneyland.

finaldynasty
05-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Captain EO by far!

DisneyFr33k
05-03-2010, 04:50 AM
The whole disney having an MJ thing is just wierd IMHO.

Ai, yi yi, are they going tell us CaptainEo is Claaaaaaaasic?

yea, i was really disappointed in Disney for bringing back EO. I love MJ the entertainer, but he's not up to Disney standards in my oppinon.

:ditto::exactly: My thoughts exactly!! DH and I were just talking about this last night. Disney is making a BIG mistake with this decision - in our own humble opinions.

DVC2004
05-03-2010, 08:10 AM
For a permanent replacement I agree with something new. I hate Honey I Shrunk the Audience. It's dated and been running far too long. We skip it every time.

Mickey'sGirl
05-03-2010, 08:16 AM
I would prefer something new. Honey I Shrunk the Audience is rather long in the tooth, and Captain EO never turned my crank back in the day. With everything Kodak is capable of, I am so surprised they haven't suggested something long before now!

Stu29573
05-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Although I would like something new as well, I will check out EO this November. I can understand Disney doing this. EO was a big success when they relaunched it at Disneyland, so why not milk it a bit at Epcot? Still, I'm not sure if the Disneyland/ Epcot crowds are comparable.

PopeCharming
05-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Yes, build something new (this is something I almost never say, vis-a-vis Epcot!). Of the two, I like Captain EO more, but neither should be a permanent fixture in Epcot. Captain E-O just isn't a strong film and relies too much on Jackson's star power. Honey, I Shrunk The Audience is now 15 years old, and is a spin-off of a franchise nobody under 25 remembers, and few over 25 cares about. When was the last time anybody here put "Honey, I Blew Up The Baby" on their Netflix queue? How many of us retrieved "Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves" from the bin at Dollar General?

A 3-D movie at the Imagination pavillion is a fantastic idea, but it needs to be something fresh, and something, yes, imaginative. I'm sure Disney can come up with something grand. But they shouldn't rely heavily on established stars, and they shouldn't build off of an easily-dated franchise.

Darbylew
05-03-2010, 11:23 AM
I hope it is still open when I get there in a
week. I agree that it needs an update or some
thing new. I will check it out when I go back in
October. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
6 DAYS!!!!!!! :D