PDA

View Full Version : POR or POFQ

Wall-e
04-30-2010, 02:09 PM
I have been waiting 2 years to start planning our first trip to the world! :joy: We will be going in October 2011 and I think it is finally close enough to really start getting to work! Are there pros or cons between POR and POFQ or does it just boil down to aesthetics? I will be traveling with my husband and two kids ages 6 and 9.

Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-30-2010, 03:05 PM
The real difference between POR and POFQ (other than the themeing) is the size. POFQ is quite compact, and everything is close together. There is only 1 main pool, and 1 bus stop.

POR is much more spread out, again with a central area and main pool, but there are also quiet pools scattered around, and a number of bus stops.

We have stayed at both, and liked both, but we return to POFQ 'cause DH like the theme better, and I love the small size.

Our DD loves both pools, and we visit POR a couple of times during our trip.

Strmchsr
04-30-2010, 03:10 PM
I like both, but I think it boils down to which theme you like. POFQ is smaller and more "romantic" while POR has more stuff (like a full service restaurant).

HoosierDisneyFan
04-30-2010, 05:28 PM
We love POFQ because it is small (less walking after a long day @ the parks) and generally if first to be picked up by the buses and first to be dropped off. We generally do not spend a lot of time at the resort.

If we spend a lot of time at the resort, POR may be better choice because it has 2 pools, larger hot tub, larger arcade, larger QS food area, TS resturant, larger gift shop, marina, fishing, etc...

Either way you have access to both resorts and all of the above is a 10 - 15 minute walk away.

AJ Springfield
05-01-2010, 10:16 AM
We have stayed at PO-R in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008. We chose PO- R since we have three children and they offer trundle beds in Alligator Bayou. We walked over to PO FQ to swim and eat at their food court just as a change of pace. Both are nice resorts. I like the home-y ness (is that a word?) of POR over the city-ness of FQ. We liked using the small pools close to our room and the variety of food at the food court at POR. More rooms (people) mean more variety. Good luck planning--- you can't lose with either of these resorts!!

Jessnick
05-01-2010, 06:20 PM
My kids and I just got back last week from a stay at POFQ; by far, it was one of the nicest places that I have ever stayed. We all loved the theme and the small resort made it easy to get around. We usually stay at one of the value resorts but not anymore. This will be our new home away from home.:mickey:

#1disneyfan
05-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Both are very nice, we have stayed at both. As mentioned above I like the compactness of POFQ, but I preferred the theming of POR. We have stayed at POFQ once, and POR twice. Both times at Riverside were very short stays and the second time we requested to be close to the main house and we were right on the river, and mear steps from the dining hall. It was a back entrance, so we had no noise at all.

Either place you choose, you will have a great place to stay.

KatrinaJ91
05-02-2010, 12:07 PM
The real difference between POR and POFQ (other than the themeing) is the size. POFQ is quite compact, and everything is close together. There is only 1 main pool, and 1 bus stop.

POR is much more spread out, again with a central area and main pool, but there are also quiet pools scattered around, and a number of bus stops.

I agree with this, but that is the reason we love POR more! FQ feels like a hotel to me...POR feels like a resort. We prefer the spread out feel so you don't feel like you are right on top of others. The atmosphere at POR is so much more "resort-like"
With your 2 little ones, I think you would like POR better. There is more to do and see...of course, you can walk to FQ and use their facilities as well!

#1donaldfan
05-03-2010, 12:21 PM
....to clairify what's mentioned above....there are 5 quiet pools and one signature pool at the Riverside....we always stay at the Riverside AB section as we're a family of 5, but if it were just the DW and I, we'd still stay there....it's just a wonderful place to cool off and unwind after a grueling day at the park..!!!

just kidding about the grueling....we love 'em ..:mickey:

Wall-e
05-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Thank for all of your responses! The information you provided will really help dh and I decide what to do. I am so excited to finally be able to really start planning this trip....look out for more questions from me!

Thanks!

KH
05-03-2010, 02:09 PM
These are all good responses, but one thing has not been mentioned about POFQ- beignets!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-06-2010, 08:59 PM
I love the size of POFQ, especially after a long day at the parks. You don't have far from the bus stop no matter what building you are in. Love the theming too! And we had a water view room so it was nice to watch the boats coming and going. And as mentioned-the beignets! YUM.

LudwigVonDrake
05-09-2010, 12:07 PM
POFQ is smaller and more compact. Plus it has beignets :tasty:

Scorpiosammy
05-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Other than the size difference between the two it really is personal preference. My DH and I have stayed at both: he likes POR better because it is more spread out with little rivers running through it. I adore POFQ because of the heavy french/romantic/marti gras theme (I originally went to college to be a french teacher ;) ) I also like the style of buildings better there.

Both places have a boat launch to DTD and offer activities such as carriage rides, fishing, and bicycle rentals.

I would look at each hotel at www.disneyworld.com under accomodations or resorts (there are tons of pictures on the site including 360 view of lobbys).

Good luck and happy planning!

PS Going in October is awesome! Try to do Micky's not so scary halloween party if you can =)