PDA

View Full Version : Reservation Time and Illuminations

Mitzie
04-30-2010, 10:54 AM
:yay: It Finally happened. We got LeCellier for our Oct. trip. Problem...the reservation time isn't until 7:50. Will that give us enough time to make it out for Illuminations? My DH and Dad really look forward to those so it is kind of a must. If we get there 20 min. before the reservation time and that kind of thing will we get seated and served with enough time...signed worried in Bremen.

faline
04-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Oftentimes, Le Cellier is so busy that you don't get seated until AFTER your reservation time and, most often, do not get seated early. I wouldn't plan on seeing Illuminations that evening. After, all you want to be able to enjoy your dinner - not rush through it so you can get outside.

KylesMom
04-30-2010, 11:06 AM
I must agree with Faline. LeCellier isn't a "grab & go" type of restaurant - so even if you are seated on time, this isn't a dinner you want to devour in less than an hour.

Zippy 1
04-30-2010, 11:13 AM
If you really want to see Illuminations I would keep calling back to see if anything opens up for an earlier time. It couldn't hurt to try and then you could have the best of both in one evening!

ransam
04-30-2010, 12:18 PM
if you have a park hopper pass just come back on an different night....you can't miss either.

tyandskyesmom
04-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Yep...we are pretty quick orderers and eaters and don't linger long when we are done but I don't think we have ever gotten out of Le Cellier that fast...I'd say it's going to have to be one or the other...

WDW*Dreamer
04-30-2010, 02:36 PM
I remember years ago we were eating dinner at LeCellier when it got to be time for Illuminations. We still had our dessert (which was included in the Dining Plan) left to go. However, we didn't want to miss the show, so we told the waiter we were skipping dessert. He told us that wouldn't be a problem. He suggested we step outside and enjoy Illuminations and our desserts would be waiting on our table we when returned after the show.....and that's just what happen.

Another Magical Moment.....
WDW*Dreamer

Genie1953
05-01-2010, 05:13 PM
I doubt you would get out in time. Our reservations were for 7pm and we didn't get out of there until around 8:45. We did see them take in one couple early though. We got there early for our reservation and were told they were running about 20 minutes late. We didn't mind though. While we were waiting they were turning people away who tried to do walkup's. A few minutes after we sat down to wait a couple came up to the cast member who was checking people in and said they had reservations for 1 1/2 hours later and asked if there was any way at all they could get in sooner. The cast member checked to confirm their reservation for the later time and then told them the same thing that everything was running late....but then they were also told they could probably get them in about 45 minutes.....to which they replied....well at least that is better than waiting around for 1 1/2 hours for our reservation. Anyway you might go there way early like that and ask them would be possible to get in any sooner. They might be willing to work with you. It never hurts to check.