PDA

View Full Version : Spectromagic music

steamboat52
04-29-2010, 10:53 PM
That enchanting and captivating tune used in the Spectromagic parade is living in my mind now. Was it written just for Spectromagic or is it from another source (movie, etc)?

Genie1953
04-30-2010, 01:11 AM
You know I was curious about that myself. I love that music!

homeschool mom
04-30-2010, 08:52 AM
I have the CD soundtrack for the parade and also the one for Wishes! I love listening to them. Puts me in a Disney kind of mood! :thumbsup:

KylesMom
04-30-2010, 09:49 AM
SpectroMagic is an original composition created specifically for the parade. It combines several different pieces of Disney music with the prime melody, On This Magic Night. Isn't it wonderful?! :mickey:

Genie1953
04-30-2010, 04:11 PM
I have the CD soundtrack for the parade and also the one for Wishes! I love listening to them. Puts me in a Disney kind of mood! :thumbsup:

Where did you find the soundtrack for Spectromagic? I have looked everywhere and would like to find one also.

KylesMom
04-30-2010, 04:13 PM
We purchased ours at World of Disney a few years back . . . :cloud9:

steamboat52
04-30-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm glad to know others share my love of this song. We're home now from our trip (report to follow in a few days) and I keep going back to the sounds and feelings from that music.

Wadeace
05-01-2010, 01:43 PM
you can usually find a lot of the disney soundtracks on amazon if you cant wait to get to the parks for the soundtracks.

i love all the music from the parks, and cant stop listening to them.

also an interesting story about wishes, one of my instructors here at school was a sound engineer for disney, and he worked on the team that mixed the soundtrack for the park. he was telling us stories about having the park almost to themselves lat at night mixing the soundtrack so that it sounded perfect and that all the timing was correct with the pyro guys.

plutosnana
05-02-2010, 03:04 PM
I love it!! It's got an awesome tune! I was going to get it at downtown Disney. I thought it'd go cheaper online. Appartenly it was alot more money than I had expected...

Genie1953
05-02-2010, 04:02 PM
I love it!! It's got an awesome tune! I was going to get it at downtown Disney. I thought it'd go cheaper online. Appartenly it was alot more money than I had expected...

I made the same mistake back in 2005....was going to pick up the 2-CD Happiest Celebration on Earth set at the Emporium....I think it was around $34 back then. I decided to get it online instead...was sure I could get it cheaper that way. Well what I found out is that it wasn't available online except for through Ebay....so I decided to contact Disney directly and get it that way....well they checked and by that time they were completely sold out and did not expect any more copies. Sooooo I went on Ebay and ended up having a bidding war to get it. With my daughter's help and her high speed internet I did win the bidding war and had to spend $53 to get it but I have never been sorry.....only sorry that I didn't get it at Disneyworld for less. I managed to get Fantasmic this last trip but did not see Spectromagic anywhere. Tomorrow I am going to try calling Disney directly and see if they can find it for me. Sure hope they can. I would love to get that CD.

brownie
05-03-2010, 09:14 AM
You should be able to get the soundtrack through Walt Disney World Merchandise Mail Order (407-363-6200.) Disneystore.com has a 5 disc CD set that includes the SpectroMagic soundtrack for $59.98.

Ian
05-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Great music ... one of my favorites, actually.

Best way to buy it? Through INTERCOT's affiliation with Amazon.com. That way you get your CD and you help support the site at the same time.

If you either click on the amazon.com link under ICOT Affiliates (over on the left hand side of the screen) or use the link provided below, you'll be sure INTERCOT gets credit for your purchase.

Enjoy!

SpectroMagic (http://www.amazon.com/Disney-SpectroMagic-Music-CD/dp/B0002Z1HTG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272894796&sr=1-1)