PDA

View Full Version : If you could only go to 3 parks, which one?

GA girl
04-29-2010, 04:53 PM
We leave in 17 days for our trip to Disney!
We are only going to be able to go to 3 parks this trip. Magic Kingdom will one. Which other 2 parks would you choose?

darthmacho
04-29-2010, 04:58 PM
I'd find it hard to skip any, but if I had to, it would probably be Disney Studios. At the moment, I'm really looking forward to trying Everest, and I love Dinosaur and Kilamanjaro Safaris, so I wouldn't want to miss AK either.

mjm12000
04-29-2010, 04:59 PM
We leave in 15 days... YAY! We are doing a cruise as well so we are having to drop a park or two as well... we are leaving out Animal Kingdom, because we have gone many times and done every ride, show etc multiple times and find that it is really a half day park when on a return visit. We are also leaving out Typhoon Lagoon because we like the slides at Blizzard beach better... but if we also had to then leave out another full park It would most likely be the Disney Studios... but that would only be in a dire need to leave out two parks, as I would rather do half day at Disney Studios and Half at Epcot as they are so close to each other it is not a big deal to walk or boat from one to the other mid day or multiple times in one day...

MMFreak
04-29-2010, 05:23 PM
I would drop EPCOT.

Superzeus84
04-29-2010, 05:31 PM
I would pick MK, Epcot, And AK. Thats just me though. I guess it comes down to personal preference and what types of rides/attractions you like.

brownie
04-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Given those choices, I'd probably skip Animal Kingdom. We haven't ridden Expedition: Everest yet, so that might cause me to bump Disney's Hollywood Studios instead.

disneymom15
04-29-2010, 05:47 PM
I would skip AK.

GA girl
04-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Sorry for the typo's. I meant Magic Kingdom will be one. I am thinking that we will probably leave out The Studio's because we did not go to Animal Kingdom last trip and go to Epcot.

WDWNut02
04-29-2010, 07:35 PM
I would skip AK as well. Gotta get my fill of the classics.

Darbylew
04-29-2010, 07:41 PM
I would skip DS. I think that MK, Epcot and AK
are great. Maybe you could go to Ak for a half
a day and then DS for the other half if that is
possible for you. :thumbsup:

queenmom9497
04-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Our family could NEVER drop a park but if we HAD to....it would be AK. Hollywood Studios is a must see for DD 13 and DH 43 1/2.....Aerosmith, Muppets & TOT always a must do.....Have a great trip regardless!:magic:

Diznut
04-29-2010, 08:00 PM
I would skip AK personally. I guess it also depends on who you are traveling with (ages of kids).

finaldynasty
04-29-2010, 08:54 PM
I would skip DHS if I had to skip one.

jmj18
04-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Animal Kingdom

:mickey:

mickclub1955
04-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Can't skip a park. Half day in AK and then the next half in DHS.

badkitty
04-29-2010, 09:35 PM
MK and AK are my "must do's". I could drop either EPCOT or DHS if I had to. DHS is a half-day for me so I would probably get a park-hopper and do all four.

DisneyLuver91
04-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah, you could DEFINITELY do AK & DHS in a day: two halves each. AK in the morning, DHS at night. I've done it and it's a nice time.

svarhall07
04-29-2010, 10:41 PM
i know this wasn't a choice, but I would choose to dump Magic Kingdom.

I was there last May and I skipped Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios and just did Epcot and Animal Kingdom and we have a great time. It was very relaxing and we didn't feel like we were fighting crowds or being bombarded with gift shops (as much).

I have been to Magic Kingdom so many times that I feel I could set it aside for a trip and focus on some of the really unique stuff Disney has to offer. Animal Kingdom really deserves more respect. What Disney has done with it is remarkable - recreating the habitats and bringing in those animals while incorporating rides and amazing shows. I think families need to accept that it isn't doesn't have to be "all thrills" to have fun (and it's educational!!!). If parents would get excited about everything Animal Kingdom and Epcot has to offer (not just Everest and Test Track) the kids would enjoy it soooo much more too!

DiannaJ
04-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Leave out MGM. There is alot more to see at the other parks

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-30-2010, 07:39 AM
I would drop Hollywood Studios

DizNee143
04-30-2010, 08:14 AM
thats easy for me...
id drop Animal Kingdom..
and only got to Magic Kingdome, Epcot, and MGM..
we do that most of the time anyway..no matter how long our trip is..
whatever you end up doing hope you have a wonderful vacation!!! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
04-30-2010, 08:40 AM
thats easy for me...
id drop Animal Kingdom..
and only got to Magic Kingdome, Epcot, and MGM..
we do that most of the time anyway..no matter how long our trip is..
whatever you end up doing hope you have a wonderful vacation!!! :mickey:
Same with us. Our boys do not enjoy the Animal Kingdom.

DadTriton
04-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Skip AK.
We only like Everest, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, and the Nemo musical.
4 attractions is not worth the ticket.

KylesMom
04-30-2010, 09:36 AM
I think for me it would depend on the ages of the kids who were going (if any). I'd skip Epcot if you had young children, and I'd skip AK in all other instances. I agree - we enjoy five specific attractions/shows at AK, but the other parks have so much more to see over the course of a day.

That being said, I can't imagine having to skip a park while at Disney World! :mickey:

grumpyguy
04-30-2010, 10:08 AM
two ways to look at it for me.
mk-for sure
ak-rapidlly becoming one of my fav's.
dhs-i love to repeat rnrc & tot as much as my body will take.
or
mk-again,for sure
ak-see above
dhs for a half day and other half epcot,figuring on skipping world showcase all together.:thumbsup:

Disney4us2
04-30-2010, 10:35 AM
For us we would go to MK, Epcot and AK. We would drop DHS. DD is such an animal lover and could not give up AK.

TikiLounger
04-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Argh! This is so hard! Okay, in the years before Expedition Everest, I would have skipped AK. Now? I'd probably skip the Magic Kingdom...as long as I knew that I'd be back, one day. I love the MK...and it's my favorite...but I've experienced it's delights more than any other park and I think skipping it...just once...would be okay.

disneygirl87
04-30-2010, 08:25 PM
If you've been to Disney before, I'd recommend hitting two parks in one day--like AK & HS--but make sure if you do that you get to the first park for opening time, so you can utilize the most of your day. In the past, my family & I have arrived at AK for opening and only spent a 1/2 day there and gone to another park after we finish there. This option can, of course, be daunting if you have young children. Hope this helps and have a wonderful trip!

Disney-4-Me
04-30-2010, 10:12 PM
I would go to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Disney Studios! We have actually had to make this choice. It's harder now that Expedition Everest is at Animal Kingdom, but if I had to make the choice, I'd skip Animal Kingdom.:(

crltkcagle
05-01-2010, 09:24 AM
I would skip AK.

AJ Springfield
05-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Not to be sarcastic....but I would go to Magic Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, and Magic Kingdom. Ohhhhh, you mean 3 DIFFERENT parks?? Well, I guess it would be MK, AK, and Epcot (just because we have never made our way back to WS). My DD17 says she'd go to MK, AK, and HS. DH says MK, AK, MK.

TheVBs
05-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Off the top of my head, if I had to choose I'd skip DHS, but I like the suggestion of picking two parks to squeeze into one day.

What I would probably do, if I were really in your situation, is sit down and look at what we would choose to do in each park if we were able to hit all of them. Then I would eliminate the park with the least amount of things on the list. Does that make sense?

Mickeysbrother
05-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I could skip DHS. Not that I like skipping ANY park, but if it's a short trip, tough choices must be made!

crmark1
05-01-2010, 11:39 AM
I would look at what extra magic hours are offered and go to Ak in the am then go to HS in pm with late extra magic hours. Then a full day in MK and Epcot.

Lakin
05-01-2010, 11:46 AM
If it were up to me, I'd say absolutely keep Magic Kingdom and EPCOT, and make a family decision on whether to go to DHS or AK. I'd probably skip DHS since there isn't as much to do, but that's just me.

giraffeisland
05-01-2010, 12:57 PM
I would skip DHS.

KatrinaJ91
05-01-2010, 01:47 PM
This is really a personal preference! For us, we would definitely skip Animal Kingdom. Actually, we sometimes do just that! MK and Epcot are our MUST-DO's and we love the Studios as well. AK is ok, but there really isn't much to do there and it is always so hot and crowded. When we do go, we only stay for 1/2 day. Our last trip down, we had 7 days in the Parks....2 were MK, 2 were Epcot, 2 were Studios and 1 for AK. Love animals and have a good time while we are there, but there is just so much more to do and see at the other 3 parks.
As I said before though, it depends on what your family enjoys though! Splitting days might be a good idea, if you are getting hoppers.

Mousemates
05-01-2010, 02:20 PM
I would skip Epcot if the party had anyone who's primary enjoyment is a ride that is even slightly thrilling...both AK and DS both are superior in terms of the rides they offer for teens and older kids.

If no kids/thirll riders are involved I'd keep epcot for the entertainment and then most likely bump off AK.

paragon
05-01-2010, 05:58 PM
If I could only do three parks, I'd choose MK, AK & DHS.
We don't do the water parks at all, I prefer the ocean for swimming and with what I know about pool water I NEVER go in any public. hotel or other water park. ( I'm in the swimming pool industry- if you only knew half of what I do, YOU would never go in them either!)
I could easily pass on Epcot, though on our recent trip two weeks ago, we actually spent TWO full days there, but I could easily skip that one.

plutosnana
05-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Skip AK it's stinky and i mean the stink this time of year. When it's humid and hot well lots of smells come out. :ack:

andywicks
05-02-2010, 04:13 AM
I'd skip Animal Kingdom!

(Hollywood studios is our favourate!)

TheMartellFamily
05-02-2010, 01:33 PM
MK, EPCOT, and Hollywood Studios. That would be fine for me. We get AK done in a half day so it would be a waist of a ticket to go there.

ERJDriver
05-02-2010, 05:59 PM
I would probaly skip DHS, I love TSM but if we had to skip one that would be it. I agree with the previsous suggestion of writing down what you want to do in each park and then drop the one with the least amount of stuff.

MarknTara
05-02-2010, 06:30 PM
I would personally drop AK, but if you missed it last time it might be worth it to drop HS!

cmshelton1979
05-03-2010, 10:10 AM
My choice would be Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot.

Magic Kingdom because that is Disney to me. It was the first park I went to and its totally Disney to me.

Hollywood Studios because I am a big movie person. It also has Star Tours, Indiana Jones,Rock N Roller Coaster and a lot to for kids to do (Playhouse Disney, Little Mermaid Show, Toy Story Mania).

Epcot because there is so much to take in. One of my favorite rides is here.....Soarin.....

I would of course miss a few things if I was unable to go to Animal Kingdom though.....

hurdlertwin
05-08-2010, 11:08 PM
I would go to MK, AK, and HS, although i really like epcot I know my experiences will be the same every time, and if I was restricted to three parks I wouldn't go to epcot. sorry all

5MemphisTiggers
05-09-2010, 12:03 AM
My family and I simply cannot skip MK. In fact, it is always our first park to visit.

If you must pick one, think about who is with you. EPCOT can be too much to take in with only one day. WS is BIG, and you still have FW with the all the rides. You may wear smaller kids out.

I really enjoy AK -- EE, safari, Primeval Whirl, Festival of the Lion King, etc. Lots to do here.

I enjoy DHS (RnR, TOT, LMA), but I could probably leave this one out if I absolutely had too.

But I'd put it back early in the rotation for the next trip. ;)

Fastpasssteve
05-09-2010, 01:27 AM
I would leave out Animal Kingdom.

Until last year, I would have left out Hollywood Studios. I had never spent the entire day there into the evening when all the lights turn on. Wow. HS is beautiful at night. I love the atmosphere.

I'm more into rides and the glitz and the music and all that. Animal Kingdom may have to wait for another trip.

Magic Kingdom, EPCOT - definitely.

GrmGrninGost
05-09-2010, 06:45 PM
For me, I would leave out Animal Kingdom. I don't dislike AK, but for me the others are much better!

McLiberal8
05-09-2010, 06:53 PM
I would drop AK. Besides Everest, I have no want to go to that park..
I have never been a huge MK fan. I love the classic feel of it, but until some of the new renovations, it's still near the bottom of my list.
I love Hollywood Studios! I am a sucker for the 'Golden Age of Hollywood' feel of it all.
I also love Epcot. The newer attractions, as well as World Showcase, have made it my fave in the past few years.

LudwigVonDrake
05-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Magic Kingdom, Studios and Animal Kingdom.

Have a great trip :wave:

DNS
05-11-2010, 12:02 PM
I would skip the Studios.

AllDisney
05-11-2010, 05:08 PM
I'd drop Animal Kingdom.

Jeri Lynn
05-11-2010, 05:54 PM
I would go to the Magic Kingdom, the Animal Kingdom and Epcot!

everyonesmadhere
05-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I'd find it hard to skip any, but if I had to, it would probably be Disney Studios. At the moment, I'm really looking forward to trying Everest, and I love Dinosaur and Kilamanjaro Safaris, so I wouldn't want to miss AK either.

Aside from characters.... DHS is outdated. Disney needs a 5 th park!

LandFan
05-11-2010, 08:55 PM
I'd skip the studios. If DH was with me we might have a tug of war over it, but I'd probably win:D