PDA

View Full Version : It's getting closer... !

Julie_Mouse
04-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Today, our trip is 10 days out! :cloud9:

This is a bit weird, but I almost feel like my level of excitement is declining, rather than increasing! :shrug: I think it's mostly just because I'm stressing about having a large group, whether we'll get to do everything that we have planned, how we'll handle minor disagreements, etc. Does anyone else start to feel this way as the trip gets closer? I imagine that as soon as I get on the DME (I would say the airplane, but I'm an EXTREMELY nervous flyer! :secret:) this anxiety will be nothing but a distant memory, but I'm just looking for some reassurance :blush:

Thanks everyone :mickey:

PopPhan
04-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Relax, and enjoy the thought that in just 10 short days, you will be a kid again!

Don't stress over plans, as they are only guidelines of things you would LIKE to do....Often these things change on a moments notice. Just go with the flow and let the magic take over.

Minor disagreements are just that -- MINOR. Again, let the magic take over and they will all wash away like the sands on the beach. If it comes right down to it, let the group break up and meet for meals/shows/etc. later.

Enjoy your trip!!

mook3y
04-29-2010, 02:46 PM
I felt the exact same way about 11 - 9 days out and thought it was weird too.

I just figured it was because we have a fair amount of stress going on (moving, changing jobs, etc).

But now that we are at the 4 day mark, I can barely stand the excitement :party: !

It's hard to focus on work, hehe.

I think that if you give it a couple days I think it will sink in and you will get excited again!

Julie_Mouse
04-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks everyone :mickey:

The excitement of my DBF and others that I'm travelling with must be contagious, because I'm starting to get very excited! :D

9 short days until we are back in WDW! :cloud9:

Tygger7
04-30-2010, 11:25 AM
I know exactly what you mean...I've gone back & forth between barely containing my excitement, to almost depressed. And, like you, I'm not fond of flying. We just made the decision yesterday to fly, and I already had a nightmare about it. :scared: But, only 14 days until we arrive so I'm trying to keep the happy thoughts.:mickey:

faline
04-30-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm sure it will be wonderful! Have fun!

pdrlkr
05-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink:

Julie_Mouse
05-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I know exactly what you mean...I've gone back & forth between barely containing my excitement, to almost depressed. And, like you, I'm not fond of flying. We just made the decision yesterday to fly, and I already had a nightmare about it. :scared: But, only 14 days until we arrive so I'm trying to keep the happy thoughts.:mickey:

Happy thoughts! :hug:

Have a wonderful vacation :mickey: Try not to stress too much about the plane! Here's some :pixie: for you :)

cer
05-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Well, I for one am soooo excited for YOU!

I don't understand it either, but before our last trip, I was a little down as well.

Not long now! :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
05-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Have a great trip :tink:

I have 58 days to go :wave:

Rekenna
05-09-2010, 09:05 PM
I too, have had that feeling on past trips. Do you think it's b/c as planners we have a rush of adrenaline while planning? (Planning and anticipation are part of the fun IMO).

I know I am just too uptight!

Seriously, you will have a great time. Relax and enjoy yourself-I have to remind myself of this as well!

Have fun!:mickey:

forever a child
05-10-2010, 03:07 PM
This is a bit weird, but I almost feel like my level of excitement is declining, rather than increasing! :shrug:

I am with you there too;) I think I have been planning it so long that I felt a bit burned out. Just ready to be there and not think about things for a while (like my job search, interview, DD school, schedules, you name it)
I think it will change once you are there! I am pretty sure it will for me...9 days to go!

Kathy Jetson
05-12-2010, 01:58 AM
I get a little depressed the week before our vacation because I know it will be over before I know it and I will have to wait at least a year or who knows how much longer to go back:( But I do perk up when we get there!