PDA

View Full Version : New interactive lines at HM

xo0ally
04-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Did any one hear about the new interactive lines they temporarily put at Haunted Mansion? They are trying to see if it is a hit with a crowd and get the guest use to them since they will be apart of the new Fantasy land renovations. I have mixed feelings about this. I feel it will take away from the Disney magic but also will be a fun way for Disney to entertain its gues and take a step into the future. Any thoughts or other info?

DisneyLuver91
04-28-2010, 07:13 PM
No info, but honestly, the lines for HM don't usually take a long time. The longest I've ever had to wait was 20 minutes. Maybe they could do something like that for Peter Pan or Snow White, those are lines that seem to take FOREVER.

xo0ally
04-28-2010, 08:48 PM
i deff agree

Figment!
04-28-2010, 09:31 PM
For those unaware, the Haunted Mansion has temporarily added an interactive element to its queue themed to the lost fortune of the Dread family. The themed element is a Mausoleum wall etched with images of departed Dread family members. If Guest's listen closely to each etching, the Guest will hear a whispered clue relating to the location of the fortune of family patriarch Jacob Dread. Once a Guest has listened to all of the clues, they should be able to figure out the fortune's location on the Mansion grounds.

This test is more to gage how Guests react to such a queue element and how it effects Guest flow. The new Dumbo attraction particularly is planned to feature a highly interactive queue, and other new Fantasyland attractions may have interactive elements to their queue.

Personally, I think the execution is a bit clumsy, but I like the concept and think this is something Disney should have been doing 10-15 years ago.

KAJUNKING
04-29-2010, 12:41 AM
anything to help the kids be entertained in the lines is a great plus, all of the new attractions have lines built with things to be entertained (tsmm, ee) it would be nice if they could add something interesting to the lines of say hm, or peter pan, everyone seems to like the interactive displays on soarin, anything to pass the time is great imo

#1donaldfan
04-29-2010, 10:19 AM
....is it up and running right now....?? I can't wait to see and "hear" it.....thanks for the info....it just makes our 50 days till arrival that much more exciting.....THANKS !!:thumbsup:

crltkcagle
04-29-2010, 10:29 AM
We leave in 22 days, can't wait to check it out!

tyandskyesmom
04-29-2010, 03:45 PM
We noticed this yesterday as the kids and I went through the HM line. We did not notice it on our many trips prior on this trip. We had no idea what it was. All we saw was a oddly placed "sign" around the area of the ghost horse in the line area. We noticed and read a couple of the family member's manes on the "sign" and then kept walking...there was no line, no wait and it was apparently not compelling enough to stop us for very long (and Tyler is all about things like that)...wish we would have known what it was at the time so we could have checked it out...

Superzeus84
04-30-2010, 03:57 PM
I dont understand this, granted i have never been to disney during really busy times but i have never waited more than 5 minutes from the time i got in line to when we were in the elevator. I would think that an interactive line would make alot more since at an attraction like Splash mountain over HM.

Figment!
04-30-2010, 04:00 PM
We leave in 22 days, can't wait to check it out!

....is it up and running right now....?? I can't wait to see and "hear" it.....thanks for the info....it just makes our 50 days till arrival that much more exciting.....THANKS !!:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, some Cast have reported that the test may end as soon as this weekend ....

magicofdisney
04-30-2010, 05:11 PM
I dont understand this, granted i have never been to disney during really busy times but i have never waited more than 5 minutes from the time i got in line to when we were in the elevator. I would think that an interactive line would make alot more since at an attraction like Splash mountain over HM.
If the wait is short, obviously interaction isn't needed, but trust me when I say the wait can take 10 times your 5min waits. In those instances, I welcome something interactive. :mickey: