PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Junior Suites?

azcavalier
04-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Does the Wilderness Lodge still have Junior Suites? I was reading on a different site about bunk bed rooms (which looked cool) but it then mentioned that they no longer took reservations for those rooms. I'm assuming that means that they don't have them.

Then the site was talking about "Junior Suites" which sounded a lot like one-bedroom suites, except that they would sleep 6 (instead of four like most one bedroom suites at the DVC resorts). But I cannot find any reference to these Junior Suites at the DisneyParks site or here on Intercot. Is this still an offering? Or did they do away with it when they built the Villas?

DadTriton
04-28-2010, 12:56 PM
I was reading on a different site about bunk bed rooms (which looked cool) but it then mentioned that they no longer took reservations for those rooms. I'm assuming that means that they don't have them.

I have a bunk bed room reservation next week. Maybe they are just full at your desired dates.

azcavalier
04-28-2010, 02:05 PM
I have a bunk bed room reservation next week. Maybe they are just full at your desired dates.

I tried different dates all the way up until next May, and it kept shuffling me over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge Suites.

KylesMom
04-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Does the Wilderness Lodge still have Junior Suites? Yes, they still have suites. They are in the main building, not part of the DVC Villas. One of my co-workers stayed there last fall on a trip with her DH & three kids. I don't think they have all of the amenities of a DVC Villa, however.

UPDATE
I was able to bring up both Suite & Bunk Bed rooms for our upcoming trip. I believe the Disney site calls the Junior Suites "Deluxe Room - Club Level". You'll note that it says they are located on the first 6 floors. Here's the detail:

All rooms have 2 queen-size beds and one queen-size sleeper sofa, table and chairs, ceiling fan, private balcony or patio, vanity area with 2 sinks and bath. Sleeps 6. The Deluxe Rooms have a sitting area separated from the bedroom by French doors, refrigerator, coffeemaker and additional television. All Deluxe Rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include in-room wall safe, robes, voice mail, high-speed Internet access (additional fee), hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker and refrigerator. A crib is available upon request. Deluxe Rooms are located on the first 6 floors and offer a view of Bay Lake, woodlands or interior courtyard areas of Disney's Wilderness Lodge. The Old Faithful Club, located on the seventh floor, offers Club Level services, including advanced Walt Disney World Resort Itinerary Planning service, personalized Front Desk and Concierge service, evening turndown service with chocolates, secured key access to Club Level floors, exclusive access to Club Level Lounge with coffee, tea, beer, continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening wine and cheese and evening cordials and dessert, complimentary Health Club access, weekday newspaper delivery of USA Today, complimentary fax assistance and an opportunity to book and experience Wildlife Discovery Excursion at Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park.
Your Current Selection: Woods View
The site is also allowing me to select bunk beds for either woods view or courtyard view as well.

Tygger7
04-28-2010, 02:20 PM
I know they still have the bunkbed rooms because we have one booked for our upcoming trip in May, with a courtyard view. Maybe they're going to be changing later this year??

Davy Crockett
04-28-2010, 02:28 PM
After much research and many visits to the Wilderness Lodge here is what I can share with you. Rooms with bunkbeds are now an "upgrade" on the room classes, like standard view, woodview or courtyard view rooms. So if you are not seeing a room class with bunkbed next to it for a desired time period it means that have all been booked. As for Junior Suites there are a grand total of 26 of them at the Wilderness Lodge and there are approx 5 on each floor. The Junior suites have a separate bedroom and sitting room. The bedroom will have two queen size beds and the sitting room has a sleeper sofa that turns into a queen sized bed. That's how they come up with 6 people for these rooms. The bedroom and sitting room both have doors leading out to a shared balcony. These rooms are called Deluxe rooms if you are on the Disney site. <snip>.

VWL Mom
04-28-2010, 02:30 PM
The old "jr suites" are now called "deluxe rooms - club level".

mouseketeer mom
04-28-2010, 07:15 PM
They are called deluxe rooms, club level, although not located on the same floor as the lounge. Our family of five stayed in one comfortably. The main bedroom slept myself and DH in one Queen, and my DS, then 7 in the other. The sitting room was seperated by french doors and housed a pull out sofabed that slept my two DD's. That sitting room had the sliding doors that led to the patio..unfortunately, it also housed a cement wall, so the patio was not able to be used.