PDA

View Full Version : Crowds in May

ashburysgr
04-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Hello,

First time on this board. We are taking our twins to WDW in a couple of weeks. I, myself, have never been in May, but have been to WDW during the summer and early fall.

How are the crowds around mid-May say around the 10th-18th?

I read the Memorial Day and onward is V busy, but before then?

Strmchsr
04-28-2010, 12:32 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

Crowds will be manageable. It's hard to say how heavy this year. Last year crowds were up considerably, but previous years early and mid May was pretty decent for crowds. So, a little uncertain this year, though most indicators seem to be that it will be a little lower than last year.

faline
04-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Mid-May is one of our favorite times to visit. We've always found the crowds to be very manageable at this time of year! Enjoy your visit!

Bamf1000
04-28-2010, 01:43 PM
The crowds in may are decent, not too crowded but i wouldn't expect to get on a ride without at least a 45 min wait.. my family and i wont be going in may again, because the weather is really hot and humid...probably because we are used to the cold Colorado weather.

faline
04-28-2010, 02:22 PM
The crowds in may are decent, not too crowded but i wouldn't expect to get on a ride without at least a 45 min wait.. .

So far, that's never been my experience of mid-May crowds.

Strmchsr
04-28-2010, 02:55 PM
So far, that's never been my experience of mid-May crowds.

:ditto: with the exception of standby lines for the big attractions like TT, Soarin, or TSM. Most lines tend to be in the 10-20 min range for early and mid May.

JRocker
04-28-2010, 05:32 PM
We absolutely love to go in may. The weather is great, attendance is up enough that most everything is going full tilt, and the lines for attractions aren't bad at all.

I think 45 minutes is the longest I have ever waited in line during that month and that was for the newest attractions at the time.

antnyh
04-28-2010, 08:56 PM
We usually go in May ourselves and we are going back this year 20-28. Last year was a little fuller than normal for us, but still very good. Like pp's above said usually about 20-30 minutes max unless you are talking about a new ride or just a couple of the BIG ones like ToT and EE. You'll have a blast!!!

ashburysgr
04-28-2010, 10:13 PM
:ditto: with the exception of standby lines for the big attractions like TT, Soarin, or TSM. Most lines tend to be in the 10-20 min range for early and mid May.

I know most of the addreviasions, but what is TSM?

KylesMom
04-28-2010, 10:20 PM
I know most of the addreviasions, but what is TSM?

INTERCOT speak for "Toy Story Mania", one of the most popular attractions at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Welcome to INTERCOT! :mickey:

DiannaJ
04-28-2010, 10:29 PM
I checked WDWLINES and they are estimating 4/10 & 5/10 except thurs and that is 6/10 and sat 7/10. The lower the number the lower the crowd etc..we will be there during that time also..10 days and counting down. Why is it moving sooo slow...:mickey: