PDA

View Full Version : AAA special parade seating

kwhitt3202
04-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Has anyone use the special parade seating for the afternoon paracde in MK? We booked it and are wondering how early do we have to get there and can we bring snacks? We have a special need child that we are able to use his stroller as a wheelchair and he needs snacks at hand. Never done this before any info would be wonderful.

mom2mickeyfan
04-28-2010, 11:03 AM
I've never heard of this. I would love to hear some info about it like where it is located and what to cost is. Also, do you have to book your trip through AAA to do this or can you just be a member of AAA.

sbrentk
04-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Got this off of another Disney Site. It is supposed to be a direct clip from the AAA website.

"Exclusive! Viewing of the day time Parade at the Magic KingdomŪ Park beginning April 5, 2010 - When you purchase select AAA VacationsŪ packages that include a Disney Dining Plan, you may enjoy special parade viewing of the Magic KingdomŪ afternoon parade. Viewing is located on the second level of the Main Street Train Station. You can proceed to the Magic Kingdom Main Street Train Station - 2nd Floor where a AAA Representative will direct you to the designated viewing location. You should also obtain a Magic Kingdom Park "Times Guide and New Information" card which lists times for the special activities taking place at the park that day. This voucher is valid for the Afternoon Day Parade at the Magic Kingdom Park only.

Advance reservations, Reservation voucher and valid Theme Park admission required; subject to availability; operates on select days of the week and certain block-out dates apply. Inclement weather conditions may affect outdoor entertainment. Entertainment is Subject to change. Afternoon parade scheduled to begin at 3 p.m. Available one time. Must be redeemed during the Package Validity Dates. Not valid for admission to any park. Voucher is non-transferable. Lost or stolen vouchers will not be replaced. Voucher may not be redeemed for cash in whole or in part."

04-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Normally, the priority (reserved) viewing areas set up for the day parade are in Town Sq. by the barber shop (no seating) and on the west side on the Liberty bridge (with seating).

These areas are set up for priority seating and the CM's at those 2 locations have a list of people that are to be there for that day.

Have not seen a special viewing area on the Train Station platform for the day parade.

These are booked with special ticket packages.

DiannaJ
04-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Make sure you call ahead to reserve a place because they fill up fast. We used it and had seating on the second leval of the train station on Main St. I was really nice to have a birds eye view of the parade.:mickey:

kwhitt3202
04-29-2010, 09:07 AM
our AAA travel agent has already booked it for us and we have a confermation #. How early do we have to show up for our seats and can we bring snacks to the viewing area?

Mr_Increddieble
04-29-2010, 09:30 AM
We have a special needs child as well. We have the AAA viewing option but decided to continue to take advantage of the handicap viewing areas. Disney has a person stationed at each of these areas. One time I stood in front of my son, blocking his view, and the CM came over and asked me to move behind him. It was awesome. Plus you're around other handicapped people so there's the whole comraderie thing.
Two spots I know of:
1.- In the center of the hub circle facing toward Future World.
2.- Across from the Hall of Prez's (in the shade).

God Bless. Have a great trip. 9 days, woo hoo!

04-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Two spots I know of:
1.- In the center of the hub circle facing toward Future World.
2.- Across from the Hall of Prez's (in the shade).

3. Town Square across from City Hall.