PDA

View Full Version : And Boma and kids....

wdwluv
04-27-2010, 09:23 PM
I have horribly picky eaters - will there be anything there they will be willing to eat at Boma? They don't seem to have that mac & cheese/chicken nugget/pizza kids menu like they do at other restaurants.

wdwluv
04-27-2010, 09:25 PM
oh - i've found a different menu - and I saw mac & cheese on it.

Still would love any input if you have some! :mickey:

wdwluv
04-27-2010, 09:39 PM
DOH! I just saw a similar-ish question just a couple of posts away - but I think that was an adult and if they'd like Boma, but I am wonderin' about the kiddos. Like I said, I did find they have some kid friendly options. But if you have first hand experience with some picky kiddos - I'd still love to hear. :mickey:

Niecyboo
04-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Boma's does have a kid's area, just like most of the other buffets. My son likes their Mac and Cheese, and I think they have chicken strips as well.

thejens
04-27-2010, 10:04 PM
There is a kids buffet at Boma with the usual past, mac and cheese, etc. I can't remember exactly what is on it, but I remember thinking it was perfect for kids. There are also plenty of normal type foods such as fresh fruit, cookies, roast beef etc.

Allow yourself time to check out the resort and watch the animals from the viewing areas around the pool. It's a nice place to relax.

kakn7294
04-28-2010, 01:14 AM
I have a picky eater as well and she didn't care for Boma - in fact, it's the one place she constantly points out to us that she didn't like. They did have the typical kid's stuff but she wanted more and Boma just didn't cut it for her. She wasn't even impressed with the desserts and that's hard to manage with her.

Kaps
04-28-2010, 09:40 AM
My kids are very picky but they all found something here. We are going to book there again this coming trip. All the food was very good I really liked the chicken

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-28-2010, 10:33 AM
They had chicken nuggets, pizza, mac-n-cheese, pasta and meatballs, plenty for a child.

My daughter is allergic to eggs and the chef came out to walk the buffet with us. After we went over what she could and couldn't eat, he offered that if she doesn't find anything she likes, he could make something for her. The mac-n-cheese has eggs so, that was off limits but, he made a pasta (like mastaccoli) with a cheesy sauce for her. The chicken nuggets have eggs but, they have chicken tenders w/o eggs made to order. Chef said all I had to do was ask and he'd make her some tenders if needed. But, my DD found plenty to eat. She was 2 at the time.

There were 3 chefs that night that were standing and talking to guests at the buffet line. I'm sure all of them are eager to please as is Disney's nature. Just ask as I'm sure you don't have to have a food allergy to have personal service.
:thumbsup:

SBETigg
04-28-2010, 10:56 AM
My daughter is picky but she loved Boma. She became surprisingly adventurous and loved everything she ate. Now it's her favorite place. They do have a station with regular ol' kid-friendly foods. Picky kids should be able to find enough to eat. But with kids, you just never know.

ThanxForNoticin
04-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Something we have absolutely learned (and love) about Boma - if you have a question or a problem or don't see something you might like, you should ask. They are one of the most customer-service oriented restaurants anywhere.

So if you get there and your kids aren't happy with the selection, they might be willing to help out if they can. But between the kids buffet, the soups, the salad, the fruit selections, and the desserts, most kids will find something they enjoy.