PDA

View Full Version : What is the most memorable moment you have witnessed at Disneyworld

Genie1953
04-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Last night I posted the little story below as a response to one of my trip reports and got to thinking....what other kind of memorable moments have been witnessed at the Parks.....so decided to start a new thread about it. What memorable events/happenings etc. have you witnessed at the parks? Here is my most memorable moment.

We just got back from Disneyworld last week...a trip that celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary. Anyway on April 17th We had gone to back to Hollywood Studios to try to catch Fantasmic and had time to kill so we decided to see if we could get some photopass pics of us as we only had 2 of us there. We were standing on the main street waiting to get our picture taken in front of the Sorcerer's hat and I noticed a young couple waiting in line in front of us (actually it was just us and them waiting). They were so loving...hugging, cuddling, kissing each other while waiting....they were adorable and I assumed they were newlyweds. My husband was busy looking around and taking in the sights around us while we were waiting. As we stood there waiting for our turn, they took position for their picture.....all of a sudden the young man turned to the girl...gave her a big hug and kissed her and dropped to one knee and pulled out a ring and said "Will you marry me?" I just stood there pointing and saying "Oh look, Oh look, Oh look, Oh look" with my husband trying to figure out what in the world I was talking about....then he saw it too and we began applauding and others began noticing also. The young lady just kept saying...."No...really?....no....really?....are you serious?....yes....yes....YES....YES...all the while looking at the beautiful engagement ring he had just put on her finger as if she just couldn't quite believe it all. The photographer just kept saying over and over "Well I'll be...that is a first for me." He told the young man not to lose his photopass card to which the young man replied "Oh don't worry I already took a picture of the back of it with my cell phone and also with my camera at home just so I would still have the card number in case I DID lose it. We saw them a short while later arms locked around each other's waists and the hugging and kissing was still going on every few steps they took. It was just one of the coolest things I had ever witnessed at Disneyworld and was so special. It took a while before my tears quit. We have pictures of us taken a few minutes later in that very spot where he proposed to her and my eyes were still shiney with tears when our picture was taken...defnitely a moment I will always remember. Brings tears to my eyes even now as I think about it.

Joannelet
04-27-2010, 08:44 PM
I have a couple of them but one of them is a little girl going up to Santa Claus at DTD.
I just happened to be passing Santa's area with my hubby when I saw this little girl walking towards Santa.
My hubby and I both stopped to watch. Her eyes were WIDE open. She stood there with her hands clasped in front of her like she was looking at the most wonderful thing. She was looking up at Santa in awe as he was talking to her.
It brought tears to my eyes. It was one of the most heart stopping things for me to experience that. She was hanging on his every word. Its one of those memories that live on in my mind and reminds me that magic still exists for young and old :)
Seriously it made my husband even awe in sight of it all.

ransam
04-28-2010, 01:02 AM
i have tons of them. from leaving Mainstreet when i was a kid, and looking back at the castle and w/ tears in my eyes thinking I will be back over and over. or when during a show, don't remember which one, Mickey turned around and said "bye folks" and my sister yelled out as loud as a 4 year old could "BYE MICKEY"...or last year when my sister and i were there, now in our 40's, and a little 10 year old boy came on our bus on the way back to the resort, about midnight, plopped between us and muttered to himself. "sisters....who needs them".. my sister informed him that she was a sister and pointed to me and said "that's my brother". he looks up at me and says.."you know what i'm saying"...went on to complain about al lthe women in his life, his mom, sister, aunt, and how all women have a black heart. I told him it doesn't get much better....so now when ever my sister and i disagrre i tell her she has a black heart.

BUT my favorite happened about 20 years ago. my mom and dad adopted a 5 year old boy. he was about 20 years younger than me. i took him to disneyworld. at first he wouldn't go on any rides, and i turned into my dad..."if you don't go on one ride right now, we're going home"...ha....but eventually he went on Small world, and then I couldn't stop him. finally at the end of the night i told him we could go on one more ride, any ride he wnated....he picked small world. so we get on the boat, and as soon as we start he starts bellowing out the words to Small world as loud as his 5 years old lungs could...a couple teen age girls turned around smiled and started singing w/ him. eventually the entire boat was singing right along w/ him. It was truly a disney kodak moment.

Disney4us2
04-28-2010, 01:45 AM
This story actually started before we ever went to WDW. My DD and I were at DCA in the front part of the park where they had Santa's Beach Blast. She had a small stuffed Rudolph toy and left it on a bench to play. Someone walked off with it.... I couldn't find another one like it. It was a baby's first Christmas toy.

Flash forward...Second visit to WDW for DD's birthday 12/4. On our last day there we stopped to see Santa. DD was 7 and I knew the magic of Santa would be at an end in a year(or two). I found the same Rudolph toy on Ebay and when she asked Santa for that toy, he looked at me (knowing not to make any promises to a child). I just shook my head "yes". He then told her he would do his best to bring the Rudolph. She was so excited and told me that he is the real Santa.

Christmas morning DD was in my bed and I put the Rudolph under her pillow. I told her Santa knew how much that Rudolph meant to her and he wanted her to have it when she woke up. She was very suprised and told me that the Santa at WDW was the real one. I was just glowing to see her so happy.

Flash forward... the following Christmas she found my "Santa stash" while was working. The magic was over:( At least I had that one magical memory of belief.:mickey:

Another quick one... Our first visit we did all Character dining, especially with all the princesses. We also did the meet & greets. By the end of our trip she asked me why Cinderella had so many different faces. She was 5 at the time. I thought that was so cute and very observant of her:mickey:

Tygger7
04-28-2010, 09:00 AM
My most recent special memory was from 2008. It was the last day of our trip, and my DH & I decided to spend the day at MK. We stopped at the Main Street Bakery to grab breakfast (a cinnamon roll...mmmmm), and were sitting on a bench "people watching". A little girl, probably 5-6 years old, came walking down the street holding her daddy's hand. She looked like she had just come from BBB...she had a Cinderella dress on and was clutching her "scepter" to her chest. All at once, she stopped, right in the middle of the street. You could tell it kinda startled her dad, so he turned to see what was wrong. The little girl just stood there, tears streaming down her cheeks, and said, "Oh daddy, you've made all of my dreams come true!". Yes, I lost it. Even now as I type, I can't help but tear up. :secret:

divinedi
04-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Awww, Tygger7, what a beautiful story, made me tear up too!

I have a bit of a funnier one, when my youngest daughter was 7 we were are the back of DHS, and Cruella Deville was signing autographs, in a definite Cruelle way :thedolls:, and although my daughter wanted her autograph, was literally afraid of her. Well, in true great CM magic, Cruella must have realized this, crooked her finger at my daughter, so she slowly went up to Cruella, very apprehensive. Cruella of course had to stay somewhat in character, but toned it down enough that my daughter got her autograph and even got a hug! We loved it! Gotta love the characters!!

emfleck
04-28-2010, 02:46 PM
These are great! Keep them coming!

fernsmommy
04-28-2010, 03:20 PM
The last time we were at WDW, we went to MVMCP and at that time Alice in Wonderland was my DD's favorite movie, she was 3 then. As we were walking by th Mad Hatter's ea Party ride, I happened to see Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum. She got so excited and asked if Alice was gonna be there. We kept walking around the ride and there was Alice along with the Mad Hatter. As she was getting their autographs and talking with them, the Queen of Hearts walks up and pulls my DD to the side and motions that she want DD to come live with her in Wonderland. All the while Alice and the Hatter were saying"No don't, you won't like it there!" We spent at least 20 minutes with them talking and playing with her. The next morning we checked out and had one last character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. The Mad Hatter was the same as the night before and he remembered my DD! Again he sat with us for a long time, holding my daughter in his lap and explaining to us why he thought Mary Poppins should be considered a villain because she tricks kids into cleaning up their rooms by making them think they are playing a game. It was wonderful and we couldn't believe that of all the people he must've met the night before, he remembered us! I will never forget the wonder in my little girl's eyes!

Gator
04-28-2010, 03:34 PM
That's easy. It was on my first trip. My wife and I had the just married mickey ears on. As we went into the Crystal Palace, 5 or 6 CMs starting shouting and throwing mickey-shaped confetti on us. They gave a little congrats sign and treated us well the whole rest of the honeymoon trip. Those hats really changed the entire trip.

Frog
04-28-2010, 05:01 PM
We drove to the world for our first trip. On the way, the girls made friendship bracelets to pass the time.
When we went to toontown to check out the characters. DD (7 at the time) walked right up to Minney without us knowing, handed her the bracelet she had been working on and said, "here Minney, I have been working on this for you"... Needless to say, Dw and I both had a hard time holding back the tears!!

LauraByTheSea
04-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Those were great stories *sniff sniff* More please! :)

Disneypixie513
04-28-2010, 10:07 PM
"Oh daddy, you've made all of my dreams come true!"

Oh my goodness..This made me cry. How perfect of a moment is that! :cloud9: :sob:

ILoveLegos
04-28-2010, 10:49 PM
After we took a final photo pass picture together in front of Space Ship Earth on the last full day of my 4 year-old niece's first trip to WDW, she looked me in the eye and said, "Thanks Aunt Jay-Jay for making my dream come true". My heart melted. :mickey:

I knew then and there that she & all my sibling's kids would enjoy a lifetime of Disney dreams - if I could manage it! :thumbsup:

andywicks
05-02-2010, 04:30 AM
1. Minnie ran 50 yards down in front of the parade to pick my daughter (aged 4, dressed in Minnie Dress and ears) out of the crowd and to join the parade. Totally unexpected!

2. Main street barber shop quartet sang and played Happy Birthday to my daughter on her 4th birthday! She was wearing Snow White outfit that day and looked very cure and a little bemused!

3. Every time I watch Wishes fireworks, I always think and say that it reminds me of when I was a child in the 70's watching the fireworks over the castle on TV in England! I never imagined that I would visit and so many times! I feel incrediubly lucky and think my wife and family feel the same!

4. A movng moment for us was once when we were on the launch back to Wilderness Lodge from MK one late afternoon and we stopped to pick up at Fort Wilderness. A little girl of around 4 years old got on the launch with her dad. It was clear from their conversation that they were staying in an RV at Fort Wilderness and could not afford to go into the park, but were just going to see the entrance and perhaps watch the fireworks from outside. The girl was really excited and happy about this . However, I cannot tell you how guilty and humbled I felt! Given the amount of money we spend on souvenirs and meals in Disney World, I felt very guilty! :confused: We should all count our blessings!

KatrinaJ91
05-02-2010, 11:36 AM
When my oldest daughter was about 3 yrs old, she wanted to talk to Mickey. All she kept talking about was seeing Mickey and wanting to talk to him. We finally get to see him and she is speechless. I asked her what she wanted to say to Mickey. She looks at him and says "You've got big feet"! Several years later, when she was about 12, she and her younger sister had autograph books and were getting them from all the characters. We didn't see Mickey until our last day there. When she went up to see him, she flips to the front of the book and tells him "I've been saving this spot just for you". so sweet....
She is now 22 and will be working at Disney this summer for the 2nd time.
Look out Mickey! :mickey:

wolfhog
05-03-2010, 10:08 PM
It was our last night (approx 3yrs ago in Oct.) and we were in EPCOT for illuminations. At the end when the announcement comes over the loud speakers thanking us for being there my then 7yr old grandniece yells out "You're welcome" so innocently everyone within earshot cracked up laughing.

Genie1953
05-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Great stories everyone....keep them coming. I am enjoying them so much!

RalsFam
05-03-2010, 11:09 PM
I would have to say mine was in Oct 2008, I had just came back from a deployment overseas. I planned the whole thing while I was gone. As I pushed my DD5 down main street, I stood in front of her and said, " Honey, we're here". Then I stepped away, the look on her face, staring down main street, seeing the castle for the first time is something I will never forget.
Thank you Disney, for the memories my family made that week.

Babe the Blue Ox
05-03-2010, 11:22 PM
June 2007. Magic Kingdom had an unscheduled performance of Spectomagic that we just happened upon while leaving the park. We were near the end of the route and there was literally no one else near us. Every character in the parade came over to visit my family.

wdwfansince75
05-04-2010, 10:43 AM
I have wonderful memories of special events on practically every trip....from first sighting of the CR, and the MK, on our very first trip...and spotting the FW boat crossing over the road as we approached....to a pre-opening Monorail ride to EPCOT with DS#2 and my late FIL...to helping my late DMIL over the fence, in the rain, as we tried to get under a roof....to DGD#3 spotting and interacting with Pooh at 1900 Park Faire...But my strongest infusion of Magic was not from our family, but from watching others receive the magic....I just posted it in another thread, about parade viewing: I was on my way out to the park, just before the parade, and stopped at Guest Relations to pick up several packages from earlier shopping....as I exited GR, I saw the special kids and their families in the area of Town Square reserved for them....I stayed and watched the parade, and was struck by the incredible, and clearly spontaneous interaction of the parade CM's with the kids. The reaction of the kids, and their families, remains a special memory to this day.

DizneyRox
05-04-2010, 11:11 AM
A long time ago, we used to drive.. For those that haven't had to pleasure to drive, you're basically herded through the parking lot by attendents until you finally get into the row they are filling... Well, they usually leave a couple spots open at the end for campers, or other large vehicles as they can't navigate down the isles easily. Anywho, we we close to the open space and were getting out of the car and some guy decided instead of pulling all the way down the isle he was going to take one of the close spots.

Anywho, like three CMs converged on him yelling "NO NO NO! You need to move your car, ALLLLL the way down!"

So, he gets out of his car and says, with a straight face even, "But I have kids!"

I almost spit up my coffee! We still laugh about it every so often... But I have kids!

The CM said, "So does EVERYONE else visiting the Magic Kingdom today. You need to move your car!"

Bellelover
05-04-2010, 09:00 PM
One of the most amazing moments at Disney world is seeing all the kids faces as the enter the happiest place on earth..it brings wonderful thoughts to my mind on how an amazing man with an amazing dream made so many childrens life a happy ever after! :mickey: