PDA

View Full Version : Something New at the parks

crltkcagle
04-27-2010, 07:55 PM
I want some ideas of something new to do at the parks. We have done the Barber shop on main street and liked the idea of trying new things on our vacation. We will be there in 24 days and wanted some ideas. Is there anything special you do while there? I have heard about the building your own light saber in DD. Any other ideas?

DisneyLuver91
04-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Definitely catch the Electrical Water Pageant! I've seen it almost every year since my first trip in '93, and it never seems to gets old. It's just something magical that has been there since it opened.

Mr_Increddieble
04-28-2010, 09:49 AM
If you have young children (<7y) and are staying on Disney property then I suggest the Disney Playhouse Dance Party that usually starts at 10:00 pm on the EMH night for DHS. They have a DJ and they play fun music that all kids know (like the Wiggles for example). The have 2 people making balloon animals and bubbles falling from the ceiling with mirror-ball and search-light type lights and and there are characters for the kids to dance with;
Jo-Jo and Goliath,
Goofy and Pluto,
and then Mickey and Minnie arrive (this is where all the kids' heads explode).
It's an adrenaline rush dance party. The adults can even join in when they play some line dance type tunes.
(Have you ever done the Macarena with Goofy?)
Bring your video camera.

crltkcagle
04-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks for both of those great ideas! My son would love the dance party!

paragon
04-29-2010, 07:05 AM
If you are in Hollywood studios, go through the Animation building, they have a little presentation, and then you go into the area which has the meet and greets, there is also an area where you learn to draw a character.
Also as a family, you may enjoy a fireworks cruise, they take you out on Bay Lake, and the Seven Seas lagoon, give you a night time view of the area, and will pull the boat right up to the Electric Water parade, plus the view of the fireworks over MK from out on the lake. We did this on our trip 2 weeks ago and it was great!

DisneyLove
04-29-2010, 08:33 AM
If you're into taking a bit slower and appreciaiting all the little details, you could pick up or go online and get a WDW scavenger hunt book or clues and look for those when you visit the parks. My family and I have done this several times and really enjoy it. We've been going to WEDW for years and it helps point out things we never noticed before. The treasure truly is all the thought and effort Disney puts into the tiniest things.:)

DVCDisneyMom
04-29-2010, 08:57 AM
That dance party at Hollywood Studios was the highlight of our trip in December. My kids were 5 and 7 at the time and had the best time dancing away with the characters. I had a blast too!!! Seriously, we had to pull them out of there!!! I can't wait to go again in November just for the dance party! ENJOY!!

Suz36
04-29-2010, 10:39 AM
My suggestions would be the treasure hunts a PP recommended, Hidden Mickey hunts, and/or pin trading - would any of those be new for you? Have you tried the Kim Possible missions at EPCOT?

rjmdds
04-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Some more suggestions...

Wishes Dessert Party... a nice splurge to do once

Buy the Hidden Mickey Book and have a contest among your party to find them

luvdiznee
04-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Horse/Carriage at POR and Surry bikes at BWI. :mickey:

teambricker04
04-29-2010, 02:35 PM
The campfire singalong at FW. It is followed up with a double feature is one of our favorites. The singalong is hosted by a "cowboy" (or girl) and they light fires in pits to roast marshmallows (bring your own or buy a smores kit). The songs are either camp or disney then at the end characters (I think always chip and dale) come out for a meet and greet. Its fun and for all resort guests, not just FW guests.

You could also do carriage rides or hay ride at FW. The water pagent also goes past FW.

There is usually a movie on the beach at the BC, but can be called off due to events so you will want to make sure first that there will be one.

Have fun!