PDA

View Full Version : Day to make dining reservations?

NewDVCowner
04-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Okay, I know that intercot has all kinds of resources and tools on here, so maybe I just missed it, but is there a place that I can plug in my day of arrival and it spits back at me the day that I need to call to make dining reservations? I'm starting to confuse myself when I try to figure it out. :mickey:

Thanks!

faline
04-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Do you use Excel? You can easily do a date calculation that will return the exact date on which you can make reservations?

VWL Mom
04-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/adrplanner/default.asp

azcavalier
04-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Yep, I normally use Excel. You put your beginning date in one cell, then put another date in another cell (best guess as to 180 days out). Then in a 3rd cell you subtract cell 2 from cell 1. Your result should show up as the number of days.

There is a way to do what's called "Goal Seek" where after you have created your formula, you can tell it, "I want the answer to be 180 days, so change the second date so that I can get that answer." It's not too hard to do, but a little lengthy to explain on a message board. PM me and i'll try to explain it better.

Donald's Girl
04-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Easier than all that! Just call WDW reservations and they will tell you the date. I always ask for it as soon as I make my reservations.

Seasonscraps
04-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Yep, I normally use Excel. You put your beginning date in one cell, then put another date in another cell (best guess as to 180 days out). Then in a 3rd cell you subtract cell 2 from cell 1. Your result should show up as the number of days.

There is a way to do what's called "Goal Seek" where after you have created your formula, you can tell it, "I want the answer to be 180 days, so change the second date so that I can get that answer." It's not too hard to do, but a little lengthy to explain on a message board. PM me and i'll try to explain it better.

You could also put the date in cell 1 (formatted as a date). Put 180 in cell 2 (formatted as a number). use the formula cell 1 minus cell 2 (formatted as a date) - this is when you can make your adrs.

NewDVCowner
04-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Thanks everyone! I think the intercot link is what I'm looking for, but I didn't think to use excel. I'll keep that in mind, too!