PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain changes?

Narawen
04-27-2010, 11:42 AM
My last trip was in Oct 2006 and we're going back this Oct to the MK only. I know they did a SM refurb, but what changed about it?

Stu29573
04-27-2010, 11:57 AM
From what I've heard, mainly the entrance has been redone with interactive games and such and the darkness factor once on the ride. The track, etc, did not change at all

Julie_Mouse
04-27-2010, 01:30 PM
I have not been on it myself since the refurb, but I've read in several places that they now take your picture on the ride :mickey:

In 12 days I'll be able to provide a more thorough comparison! :cloud9:

MNNHFLTX
04-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Yes, the queuing area had quite a few changes made to update it. The track itself is the same, but the rocket seats are padded more and they do seem to ride a bit smoother. There is a new special effect inside the tunnel right before take-off, with a bright blue light (that is where they take the photo). It's also a lot darker during the ride and you can't see the framework as much as you used.

Bad Wolf
05-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Did they change anything after the ride on your walk back up to main level? I remember years ago it had some audio about shipping your cargo, but then that dissapeared. I was hoping maybe they'd changed it back or done something else with it.

finaldynasty
07-26-2010, 09:06 PM
For me, I was hoping they would change the track a little, but my DS (who was finally tall enough to ride it this year) enjoyed it...that is all that really mattered to me. Still one of the best rides in all of WDW! :mickey:

Imagineer1981
07-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Did they change anything after the ride on your walk back up to main level? I remember years ago it had some audio about shipping your cargo, but then that dissapeared. I was hoping maybe they'd changed it back or done something else with it.

This has also been updated since its no longer sponsored by FedEx. Its new, but nothing special.

LudwigVonDrake
07-29-2010, 12:49 PM
There is a new post show that is based on traveling to different locales.