PDA

View Full Version : Autograph book

goofynmd
04-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Anyone have a creative idea for what to use as an autograph book for my DS? I wish Disney would change the cover of their existing one.

g8rgirl29
04-27-2010, 10:58 AM
When we went in Jan. my friend bought a foam craft flip photo album and unlined index cards. On the front she could slip a photo she had taken. This year I am taking a book I found that has all the Disney characters in it (Disney Junior Encyclopedia of Animated Characters: Including characters from your favorite Disney*Pixar films) and we are going to try to get as many autographs as we can. With this idea we figure we can use it over a few years. Another friend printed up a poster of a photo of the castle she had taken and had the characters sign that.

PopPhan
04-27-2010, 11:00 AM
What about a diary with blank (unlined) pages? You could always make it your "Disney Diary" and 'decorate' the cover with Disneyana.

Just a thought....

tgmousechick
04-27-2010, 11:28 AM
I made a tag book using a multitude of digital scrapbooking kits- I had a white area for the autograph, and the rest of the tag has room for the photo, which I add once we're home.

I made big tags- 2 per letter sized sheet of cardstock. Slap the tags on a clipboard with a retractable Sharpie and we're in business.

My friend, Britt, has put out a ton of new Disney-inspired kits in the past year, so DD is getting a whole new set of tags for our trip next month.

sleepingbooty
04-27-2010, 01:18 PM
We've done the ones they sell at the parks - but didn't care for those because of the small size pockets for photos. They didn't work if you wanted to put your photo in portrait style instead of landscape.

My favorite thing we've done is to purchase a plain red 7 x 7 scrapbook with top loading pages. We'd take the page out to have the character sign, and when we go home we used the opposing page for a photo, then we'd decorate with stickers.

On our last trip, our oldest daughter didn't want to do a book, so we bought her an 8 x 10 mat board with a 4 x6 opening for a picture. She used different colored sharpies and had all the characters sign it. We put a pic of her with Minnie in it and put it in a black frame when we got home - it looks fantastic!

magicalmom
05-01-2010, 10:06 PM
DD had her WDW t-shirt signed - you just can't be wearing it at the time, so she kept it in her little backpack. She loves it! (Outgrown now, alas, but still kept safe.) You need to use a fabric marker or a sharpie.