PDA

View Full Version : First Christmas at WDW!

kid@heartforever
04-26-2010, 09:32 PM
This December will be our 10th visit to WDW, but our first at Christmas time! We are very excited, but we need your help! It will be awhile before we can make a December trip again, so what are some holiday things that we must see????? :mickey:

ibrowse17
04-26-2010, 09:43 PM
We really going that time of year, and one of our fav things to do is ti visit the resorts to see the different types of decorations. The giant gingerbread house at GF and the lobby at the WL are very cool to see. Also, the campsites at FW decorated by the people staying there is really neat:thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
04-26-2010, 11:02 PM
We make sure that we see all the Moderate and Deluxe decorations...we did go and check out the Swan and Dolphin also...but only one had a nice tree and decorations...the one closest to the YC... If we have a car we go over to the Values to see their decorations...
:pirate:

ransam
04-27-2010, 02:15 AM
Candlelight processional-Epcot. must do. This is my favorite thing to do during my christmas vacation to disney. it's just beautiful.

Mickey's Merrry Christmas party-Magic Kingdom special parade, awesome firework display, and many other shows.

Osborne light-HS

The parade at Animal Kingdom.

The santa's at world showcase in Epcot.

southerngirl
04-27-2010, 09:58 AM
We have gone at Christmas time the past two years and loved it. I would definitely plan on visiting several of the resorts to see the decorations. The GF has local choirs sing in the afternoons/evenings, so it's fun to have a meal over there and then spend some time strolling through the lobby to hear the choirs and see the gingerbread house. We also try to get to the MK at opening at least one day, so that we can get pictures of the decorations and visit the characters in their holiday outfits before the lines get insanely long. My son (2) also loves the daytime parade at the MK. I have heard that the CP at Epcot is great, but since our DS is still a baby, we haven't done that yet. We have, though, strolled through the World Showcase to see the various Santa Clauses and hear them tell stories. That's very fun! Also, Epcot has some pretty amazing lights in Future World that are synchronized to music. The lights at the Studios are great, too. The best advice I can give you is just to enjoy yourself. We look at Christmas as a time to relax and not try to cram in a bunch of activities. If you have that mentality, I think it helps you enjoy the holidays at Disney a lot more than if you go with the idea that you have to do certain things. Enjoy!!!

Ropachs
04-27-2010, 02:38 PM
This December will be our first Christmas trip too. Like you, I haven't seen any of it in person. We're going to try to see most of it, but our #1 priority is the Candlelight Processional. It just sounds wonderful!

ransam
04-27-2010, 11:11 PM
This December will be our first Christmas trip too. Like you, I haven't seen any of it in person. We're going to try to see most of it, but our #1 priority is the Candlelight Processional. It just sounds wonderful!

it is wonderful. but i do suggest if you get the dining plan to use 2 credits for that, other wise you might wait in that line forever.

big blue and hairy
04-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Candlelight processional-Epcot. must do. This is my favorite thing to do during my christmas vacation to disney. it's just beautiful.

Mickey's Merrry Christmas party-Magic Kingdom special parade, awesome firework display, and many other shows.

Osborne light-HS

The parade at Animal Kingdom.

The santa's at world showcase in Epcot.
Yeah....that....:D

:sulley:

Disneypixie513
04-28-2010, 12:13 PM
-Candlelight Processional.

-Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

-The Osborne lights at DHS

-Going to the resorts to see the decorations (Especially GF.. The gingerbread house is really cool)

HoosierDisneyFan
04-28-2010, 06:16 PM
The Osborne light display at DHS is amazing! I had seen pictures before I went a couple of years ago but seeing it in person is even better.

The GF resort is beautiful for Chrismas but the gingerbread house it self did not do much for me personally (but I an sure I am in the minority).

WL resort is also very beautiful during Christmas. The giant Christmas tree in the large open space is great.

:santa::santa3::santa2::tree:

#1donaldfan
04-29-2010, 10:26 AM
...we had our first ever Christmas visit in '08 and planned it the day after, thru NYE and it was GREAT !!!! I truly think the best time we had was the resort hopping we did to see all the decorations......it was a very busy time in the parks but the resorts were worth it all, especially the boardwalk area....I picked that area 'cause you get more "bang for the buck" so to speak.....eg. all the decorations, short walk to EC, and the Beaches n Cream kitchen sink.....good Christmas memories......:cool:

andywicks
05-02-2010, 04:09 AM
This December will be our 10th visit to WDW, but our first at Christmas time! We are very excited, but we need your help! It will be awhile before we can make a December trip again, so what are some holiday things that we must see????? :mickey:

Wow! Your trips just about mirror ours! First trip was November 1999 - and I guess you got totally hooked too! :mickey:

There is loads to see at Xmas. We enjoyed:

1. Osborne Family lights (HS)
2. Candlelight processional at Epcot (need to book ahead)
3. Riding horse drawn bus at MK singing carols
4. Streetmosphere: 12 days of Xmas + lots more! (HS)
5. "Christmas" Mulch Sweat and Sheers on stage
6. Christmas coctails sold at kiosk near back lot tour
7. Chrismas parade at MK

It is very busy though - suggest you book meals for Xmas day and others...

Have fun! We are there from 18 December to 2 January! Hurray!!!