PDA

View Full Version : Jeans at night?

twinmom1228
04-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Hi! Will my kiddos need to wear jeans at night when we are at the parks(we are going the first week in May) or does it stay warm enough throughout the evening?

mermaidmarian
04-26-2010, 04:52 PM
I would include a back up plan pair of long pants for your children in case the weather is unseasonably cool, but otherwise, it is very mild in the evenings and warm during the days in the month of May.

disneymom15
04-26-2010, 06:08 PM
I agree with mermaidmarion. I would pack a pair & play it on the safe side.

faline
04-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Usually, by May, you'll find you'll mostly wear shorts. I still bring long pants as a "just in case".

JenniferS.
04-26-2010, 06:23 PM
NO! We went last year the first week of May and it was very warm during the day and night. We brought jeans, long sleeve shirts and never used them. I would bring a sweatshirt just in case though. We never used those either.

#1donaldfan
04-27-2010, 12:54 PM
....WELCOME to INTERCOT !!!....

It depends on where your from....if your from a colder climate, then I'd say no, if your from an even warmer climate, then yes....I'd say for most the evenings during early May it can get cool, but not cold.....can't hurt to pack a pair of those running pants, loose fitting, light linned, and easy to pack in a small bag....:cool:

MMFreak
04-27-2010, 01:31 PM
We usually go in April but last year we went in May either month I can't see wearing jeans or long pants of any kind it has always been very nice.

I must state that I also get cold VERY easy and I am the one with the sweater on in the restaurants and shops so trust me outside doing general resort/park activities long pants are def not needed.

MNNHFLTX
04-27-2010, 07:16 PM
You will find most evenings in Florida are usually quite mild (and often humid) and jeans would probably feel too warm and sticky. I agree that you can bring them, just in case, but I wouldn't bring more than one pair.

Carolanne
04-27-2010, 08:00 PM
My legs make Casper look tan, so I tend to avoid shorts at all cost, but going to WDW anytime between May - August is enough for me to break my "no shorts" rule :mickey:

Like previous posters have said though, it probably wouldn't hurt to have a pair of jeans on hand just in case. Maybe not even jeans--maybe a pair of khakis or like #1donaldfan suggests, a pair of light running/track pants.

poohspal
04-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi,

We just got back yesterday, and it was warmer than I expected. We never needed anything more than shorts or capris.

Liz

ps have a great trip!

phillydan
04-28-2010, 07:10 PM
I had to laugh - we always go in August and are pretty much melted by the evening -jeans would be torture!

luvdiznee
04-28-2010, 07:57 PM
I doubt very much your kiddos would need jeans the first week in May. Unless they are proned to getting cold.

I remember we were there in April and Yikes! Roasted. Even at night, very warm.

But everyone is different, so as previously posted you may want to just pack them for the first couple nights at least. Then can probably play it by ear after then.

Enjoy.

KAJUNKING
04-29-2010, 12:49 AM
i agree with pp, unless some unforseen weather event it will be comfortable to warm at night, but it has been a crazy cold winter for the gulf south so some wind pants just in case would not be out of the question, have fun! :mickey:

plutosnana
04-29-2010, 06:52 AM
We're all different in clothing and weather but here is a link to the weather for May! http://www.accuweather.com/us/fl/orlando/32801/forecast-month.asp?mnyr=5-01-2010