PDA

View Full Version : Just back!

Boojum
04-26-2010, 02:44 PM
We visited The World this past week--partly as an early anniversary trip, and partly to see our DDs march with their high school band in the Magic Kingdom.

Room at POFQ had a water view, mousekeeping was FANtastic!

Other than getting a little too hot from noon until about three-ish each day, the weather was gorgeous!

Our DDs and their marching band did themselves (and us!) proud. Not everyone can say they've been in a Magic Kingdom parade, and I know it will be a major memory for them.

All parks were very. very crowded with teens due to various cheerleading/band/choir trips. Most kids I saw were well-behaved, but it WAS crowded.

Had never ridden "Toy Story Mania" before--I could loop around and do that one all day, and the queue had so many wonderful details I had forgotten from my own childhood toys! Terrific experience!

Had also never seen "Finding Nemo: the Musical." Superb talents, beautiful special effects, catchy songs.

Had a great lunch at San Angel Inn--scarfed me some Tacos de Ribeye. Wait staff couldn't have been nicer or more capable, and I always love how "atmospheric" the restaurant is.

My only complaint is this: line jumping is a problem. A family of four shouldn't leave a line for Buzz Lightyear autographs and then be allowed to rejoin their party in line after half an hour. Now I'll hush.

I give our visit a 9.85 out of possible 10!

JROriole8Fan
04-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Relax, you are on vacation and those people added maybe a minute to the line for you. It was probably better than listening to their kids complain while they just stood in a line. Having two grown kids, we used to do that, so they could meet their favorites when we found them. I just don't think that is anything to worry about. Glad everything else was so wonderful.

Going2HeavenRU
04-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Having had the pleasure of marching down Main Street USA in my high school band, I agree with you that it is a wonderful memory that I haven't forgotten. I'm glad your daughter got to experience the fun.

disneymom15
04-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I totally agree with you on Toy Story. I could do it all day long. Have never eaten at San Angel Inn, maybe we'll try it next trip.

dmallan
04-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Did you request a water view room or was it a surprise upgrade?

forever a child
04-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you had a great time!!!!:mickey:

moe513
04-26-2010, 05:38 PM
FQ is beautiful. Love the cobblestone streets. I coold make a vacation out of visiting all the resorts

faline
04-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Great trip! Wonderful memories for your daughters and your family!