PDA

View Full Version : Hope someone can help...

Kenny1113
04-25-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm not sure if this should be under music, but thought theme parks more appropriate.

I need some help. What is the name of the song that plays after illuminations as epcot is closing and where can I get it??

My ds6 really likes it and I would like to put it on his iPod. TIA!!!

Fangorn
04-25-2010, 09:30 PM
There are a couple of pieces that are played after Illuminations, but you're probably talking about "Promise". Disney has a CD of the Illuminations music that includes "Promise". You can find it at all the main stores at WDW. Other than at WDW, I'm not sure where you can find it.

I just checked and you can get the CD through Amazon, but not directly from them - only through their resellers.

Steve

sbrentk
04-25-2010, 10:15 PM
You can find the song you're looking for on the Millennium Celebration CD. I just purchased a used copy on eBay a couple of weeks ago. I think I paid about $20 and it is worth every penny!

Kenny1113
04-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the quick responses!!! But I just listened to a snipet of 'promise' and unless the song changes that is not it. :(
The song he likes has an "eh-ya, eh-ya " in it.

(I hope that's not too confusing) :blush:

Strmchsr
04-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the quick responses!!! But I just listened to a snipet of 'promise' and unless the song changes that is not it. :(
The song he likes has an "eh-ya, eh-ya " in it.

(I hope that's not too confusing) :blush:

The songs do change. Promise and We Go On are the main vocal songs. The rest are various instrumentals. You can get the full soundtrack by calling Walt Disney World merchandising at 407-363-6200. If you want to be sure of the song go to YouTube and pull up Illuminations. LOTS of folks have posted home videos and you should be able to hear if that part comes up during Promise or We Go On or some other section.

ILoveLegos
04-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Think you are looking for the song called Tapestry of Nations - it is on the Millenium Celebration CD. The musical piece is 23 minutes long and it has extended vocalized ey-ya sequences in it. It was originally used in the now defunct Tapestry of Nations Parade in Epcot, but now is used as some of the after Illuminations exit music.

Hope this Helps!

mjm12000
04-26-2010, 12:51 PM
I bought the album at Epcot a few years ago at the trading post type store that sells all the african stuff... just past the bridge after china... the album is called "Epcot:Tapestry of Dreams" and it has the songs

"Reflections of Earth"
"We Go On"
"Tapestry of Dreams"
"Promise"

The song they play as you are leaving the park is "Promise" right after Illuminations finishes.

Kenny1113
04-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks ilovelegos I think that might be it! :)
I will have to look into it.
Thanks everyone for all your help!

mjm12000
04-26-2010, 04:41 PM
question for ilovelegos on your CD does the Tapestry of Nations number have the talking on it as well... on my CD from Epcot the Tapestry of Dreams song has the instrumentals but it also has some talking through out it like kids or something going on and on about "we are the dream makers" or something annoying like that ... if yours is just the music without the voice over that would be worth me getting

ILoveLegos
04-26-2010, 04:46 PM
It is the instrumental one - they is no intelligible speech on my Tapestry of Nations track. I have heard the "voice over version" on 365 Live though. The copywrite date on my CD is 1999.

Hope this helps.

ILoveLegos
04-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks ilovelegos I think that might be it! :)
I will have to look into it.
Thanks everyone for all your help!

You're welcome! :mickey:

PopPhan
04-28-2010, 11:03 AM
I think this might be what you are looking for -- Just listened to it on Live365 --

Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Tapestry of Nations: The Sage [23:55] - Millennium Celebration Album

Hope this helps!!