PDA

View Full Version : Why the Mid-Week increase at PP??

drevlo
04-25-2010, 08:14 AM
We're looking to make a quick trip to the DLR in May, and are considering staying at the PP. I was checking the Availability Calendar in the AP section of their website (we're AP holders) and noticed that the price for a room on Wednesday 5/12 was $225, which is well above the $149 price for Monday and Tuesday of the same week. I also see that there is no availability on that Thursday or Friday. This leads me to believe that something big is happening, as the rest of the month is $149 for weekdays, and has availability.
The Food and Wine festival is ongoing, so I doubt that's it. Grad night happens then, but most of the groups don't use the hotels from what I remember. Does anyone have any info on why these particular nights cost more and/or are not available?
Thanks!

robnadina
04-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Did you check to see if there is a big convention in town? I have also noticed that AP room rates can fluctuate. Trying calling the reservation line and speak to a CM, usually they can tell you the difference.
Good Luck

ozmom
04-26-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm not sure what is happening if there are any large events but we are going at the same time and when I first started checking rates offsite they were higher than when I went Thanksgiving week. I did keep checking rates onsite and ended up with a rate of $240 per nt at GCH, they are sold out now so I think that the hotels onsite are booked due to a sale on the rooms. I'm glad I went ahead and booked the GCH as I never thought I would get a chance to stay there, I am a bit concerned about the crowds but we will have two days at the park. :mickey:

robnadina
04-27-2010, 12:09 PM
If you check today, 5/12 is $149... so weird