PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Line - Can one person hold place and the rest of family join you later?

wdwluv
04-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Fantasmic Line - Can one person hold your place and the rest of family join you later?

I hear you should get there an hour to an hour and a half before show time. With elementary, preschool kids - it would be good if they can go do something else while I wait.

Thanks again for the help everyone!

(we are going week before Thanksgiving if that helps)

:mickey:

DizneyRox
04-24-2010, 11:17 AM
If the theater fills up, then they shut the doors. They count people going through the turnstyles... Which are way up at the top of the hill...

Keep your family together. The second show (if there is one) is usually much better in terms of the line, but that means staying up een later with little kids.

wdwluv
04-24-2010, 12:18 PM
When do they start letting people in? ....

Like I was thinking of only holding the place only while IN line. Not saving seats.

When we are there, I *think* there will be only one show. Don't know for sure, of course. (we are there the week before Thanksgiving)

wdwluv
04-24-2010, 12:43 PM
UGH! I just looked at schedule for November. and Fantasmic is offered ONLY ONCE THE WHOLE TIME WE ARE THERE!!! ugh.

buzznwoodysmom
04-24-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't know if one person holding a place in line is a good idea. This area gets so congested I don't know that it would be easy to reconnect. If your kids have been waiting in lines for rides all week I don't think this would be any different. You can bring your stroller most of the way so they can sit in their strollers as you wait. We've been seeing Fantasmic since my kids were as young as 2 and they've always done well waiting for the show. I've never had any issues with my kids as far as this show is concerned. One tip I can give, however, is to send one person up to get snacks (or have snacks in a backpack) after you've been seated. The snacks were a good way to keep them occupied while we waited in our seats. Good luck and have fun.

Strmchsr
04-24-2010, 01:53 PM
This area gets so congested I don't know that it would be easy to reconnect.

:ditto: Even if you could hold a place reconnecting is almost impossible. There would be no way for your family to get back to you.

wdwluv
04-24-2010, 03:29 PM
So good to know! Thanks so much!

Now to try and figure out how to work it into our schedule with JUST TWO nights to choose from!!!

We may have to choose - If you had to choose - would you go Chef Mickey or Fantasmic? (thinking of just buying an extra day on our passes and head to DHS just for the evening in order to catch Fantasmic)

DizneyRox
04-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Fantasmic is one of my favorites. It's one of the only reasons we head to MGM.

The advice so far has been pretty solid, you won't reconnect, the line is pretty much elbow to elbow once it starts going. I've also seen them snake people through the Beauty and the Beast theater.

We'e waited in the line several times when it was 2 hours and I think we saw it like 4 times that vacation. I never once minded it, now that the show is a little older, we still try to see it, but it's not a necessity...

divinedi
04-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Never done Chef Mickey's, so I can't help you there, but we love Fantasmic! Having said that though, how old are your children? Fantasmic can be intense and a little scary if you have small children, I know my kids couldn't have handled it at a young age, they didn't like loud noises. Just a thought.

Bamf1000
04-24-2010, 05:10 PM
If u hate waiting in line (my family is impatient) i would reccomend booking the ''fantasmic dining package'' which includes dinner at: mamma melrose, brown derby, or hollywood and vine..which gets u dinner and front row seating without the wait

Strmchsr
04-24-2010, 06:48 PM
We may have to choose - If you had to choose - would you go Chef Mickey or Fantasmic? (thinking of just buying an extra day on our passes and head to DHS just for the evening in order to catch Fantasmic)

I really enjoy Fantasmic, but for your age children I would go with Chef Mickey's. Fantasmic can be a little intense (and sometimes scary) for young children. Chef Mickey's, on the other hand, is always a huge hit with little ones as you get time with main characters (Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Pluto)

Genie1953
04-25-2010, 12:25 AM
So good to know! Thanks so much!

Now to try and figure out how to work it into our schedule with JUST TWO nights to choose from!!!

Keep checking the schedule. We just got back. Originally a few months ago it was scheduled only twice during our 9 night/10 day stay....one time each on two different nights. Maybe a week before we went they added more showings and we had 6 times to choose from....twice per night on 3 different nights. Glad our schedule was flexible. We tried to go to the early show one night and got there about 45 minutes before it started and were told as we came in that it was standing room only....we walked down anyway and quickly made the decision to return for the later show as it was shoulder to shoulder people standing there. We returned 30 minutes early for the later show and got in with great seats and there were a ton of empty seats during the whole show.

wdwluv
04-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Kiddos are 9, 6 and 3. And I have been going back and forth "worrying" if it would be too much for the kids.

Strmchsr
04-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Kiddos are 9, 6 and 3. And I have been going back and forth "worrying" if it would be too much for the kids.

It depends on the kid. Some love it and some are a little frightened by it. Only you know the temperament of your kids.

PopPhan
04-25-2010, 02:20 PM
One comment I will make on this---Last September we noticed that there were numerous CMs watching for people trying to "move up" in line saying they were with people ahead and stopping them - to the point of sending them all the way to the back of the current line.

Whether or not the people had a valid 'line holder' ahead or there was a valid reason someone could/should not stand in line for any extended period, it is, considered "line jumping" and is heavily frowned upon.

I am NOT saying this to cast aspersions upon your, or any other persons, character, and hope you do not take it in that manner.