PDA

View Full Version : Just Back & Few Observations

Kerry823
04-23-2010, 11:53 PM
Just back and wanted to share. There is A LOT of activity going on at MK. Construction walls are up all over the place and so are the curtain facades draped over some buildings on Main Street. Kind of detracts a bit from the beauty of the park. But I guess this is the cost of progress!

Great trip as usual but I also noticed that there were virtually no attendants in the restrooms. Some, especially in the Studios were a bit worse for wear. Certainly not typical of Disney. We were there for 9 days and this was not a fluke. Not sure what is going on there.

Space Mountain rehab was good but freaked out by the new spiel on TTA. I miss the old one.

Park attendance, especially the 11th and 12th was very light. Actually looked like MK was nearly deserted and it kinda freaked me out. I am used to being nearly trampled to death so it was a good change. The crowds did pick up as the week progressed with a lot of class trips arriving.

That is about it...but one last thing about seating in theater seats. Please remember that people do sit behind you so allowing children, or adults for that matter, to stand on the seating at any show blocks the view for the people directly behind you as well as the rows behind that. I very nicely asked a lady in front of us to please have her child sit on her lap if he was having trouble seeing because the people in my party (who were sitting appropriately and unfortunately directly behind her standing child), could not see the show. She, of course, was furious. Didn't let it ruin my day but I think she let it ruin hers. Common courtesy for your neighbor--that is all I am saying. (Rant over):mickey:

the other micki
04-24-2010, 12:59 AM
Sounds like you had a great trip despite less-than-magical bathrooms and a few rude guests. I can't wait to see Fantasyland when it's done! I wonder how long the process will take? Space Mtn. and TTA were down for refurb on our trip last year, so looking forward to both of those, too!

Thanks for sharing your observations! :mickey:

Tinkerfreak
04-26-2010, 10:53 AM
We noticed the messy bathrooms in MK on our trip in November. My DD's actually commented on it because we have never seen a messy bathroom at Disney ever.

#1donaldfan
04-26-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't want to see messy restrooms in June, hopefully it was a fluke and all will be well with 'em when we arrive.....:mickey:

Imagineer1981
04-26-2010, 12:24 PM
sounds like a good trip, glad crowds were light for you since it was still spring break time

homeschool mom
04-26-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm kind of bummed to hear there are curtain facades on some Main Street buildings. :( We are going on our bi-annual trip and taking my mom along for one day to the MK (she is spending the rest of the vacation with her sister). She has never been to WDW and I wanted her to see it in all it's glory. I hope we dont' run into any bad restrooms either as we have always told her how amazing and top rate everything is at WDW. :blush:

Kerry823
04-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Don't worry too much about the restrooms. It is Disney after all so their "not so great" standard is still 10x better than the average public restroom. Main problem was overuse in the studio and an overflow. It became more problematic because there was no attendant. The problem appears, in my observation, is the frequency the restrooms are being looked after by the attendants is lacking. Also, another problem was some stalls had run out of toilet paper. I nearly announced it to the entire restroom because it was the 1st and only time in my 10 plus trips to Disney that I entered a stall without TP and I was in shock! Sometimes, I think I really need to get a life!

DisneyLuver91
04-26-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm kind of bummed to hear there are curtain facades on some Main Street buildings. :( We are going on our bi-annual trip and taking m

In all honesty, the facades are not even noticeable. Disney does a great job creating the scrims so that they look exactly like the real buildings. So, no magic lost.

DisneyorBust
04-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Glad to read that you had a few days of light crowds, always enjoyable!
I agree with your request for courtesy extended to your fellow guests, we can all make vacations better for others.

azcavalier
04-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Six days....six days....six days....