PDA

View Full Version : What's all the fuss about____________? (fill in nbame of ride)

disneydoug
04-23-2010, 04:18 PM
What is a ride that you don't understand the 'craze' about?

DadTriton
04-23-2010, 04:36 PM
The new Nemo ride - hands down.
Luckily, we got on during the Florida resident only try-out phase and did have to wait for it.
The whole seas pavilion needs to have something done. After my kids saw Crush once they don't ask for it any more.
We skip the Living Seas pavilion every time now.

crltkcagle
04-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Malestrom, its a cute ride but to me its not worth a 15 minute wait.

mainemajor
04-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Toy Story Mania. It's a fun ride but not worth the wait at all.

TikiLounger
04-24-2010, 09:04 AM
Test Track...I enjoy riding it but, to me, it's no big deal.

WDWNut02
04-24-2010, 09:50 AM
One of my favorites is Living With the Land, and my family thinks I am crazy for liking it so much. So, to each their own ;)

Mrs Bus Driver
04-24-2010, 10:11 AM
The new Nemo ride - hands down.
Luckily, we got on during the Florida resident only try-out phase and did have to wait for it.
The whole seas pavilion needs to have something done. After my kids saw Crush once they don't ask for it any more.
We skip the Living Seas pavilion every time now.
Yesterday 02:18 PM

I totally agree talk about cheep. I don't even see how kids could like it. It would have been better to make it a walk through and up grade the living seas then to make such a lame ride.

ransam
04-24-2010, 05:24 PM
i agree w/ the Nemo ride. Even the first time i rode it i thought it was lame....now i do think the Seas and walking around the aquariam was really cool, i enjoy that a lot.

Bamf1000
04-24-2010, 05:47 PM
tta...soooo boring

antnyh
04-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Star Tours...OMG I can't wait until they update that ride. It hasn't changed since I was a little boy.

Disneypixie513
04-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Ditto on the Nemo ride. I love Turtle talk though.

Another thing I was underwhelmed with was the Nemo show at AK.. Something about it just left me really bored.

FLKatie912
04-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Toy Story Mania. Just SO long of a wait, it's is fun, but not really that different!

Joannelet
04-25-2010, 10:24 AM
I have to agree with the Nemo ride in Epcot. It is very boring and not really worth doing. However, in Disneyland their Nemo ride is the 20,000 Leagues under the sea and this to me is the BEST thing that WDW should have done with that ride instead of taking 20,000 Leagues away.
But if any of you ever make it over to Disneyland, CA, the Nemo Ride, their pirates of the caribbean and their Wishes fireworks with Tinkerbell will blow your mind!! It blows WDW's out of the water!!!

c&d
04-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Soarin. Don't get it, it's a neat ride but the fact that every time we've been down it's at least 60 min in the standby line.

Pocahontas
04-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Test Track. I rode it many times, but the only part I enjoy is when you go fast outside (which lasts about 5-10 seconds). Not worth the long lines or wasting a fast pass on it. If my family didn't want to ride it, I would just skip it.

Olivia's Daddy
04-26-2010, 11:00 AM
'Soarin' for me. It's a nice ride, but I don't get the overwhelming popularity. 'Toy Story' I understand, because it's still pretty new, but 'Soarin' has been around a while now and still has mega wait times. If I can fastpass it, i'll ride. If not, no big deal. I won't do standby there.

Jim&AngieMarriner
04-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Ok so maybe there isnt a craze about them but I have two:
The astro orbitor and Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. Both are carnival rides to me and should be scrapped for something better. On top of that, the Orbitor is basically the same as Dumbo and the flying carpets of Aladdin. Why have three of the same thing?

Imagineer1981
04-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Soarin. Don't get it, it's a neat ride but the fact that every time we've been down it's at least 60 min in the standby line.

I was waiting for someone to say this one...geez Soarin would be my #1 pick for this category

joonyer
04-26-2010, 12:38 PM
The astro orbitor and Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. Both are carnival rides to me and should be scrapped for something better. On top of that, the Orbitor is basically the same as Dumbo and the flying carpets of Aladdin. Why have three of the same thing?

Soon there will be a fourth, as there are going to be TWO Dumbo's in the new FantasyLand.

Ms. Mode
04-26-2010, 01:22 PM
It's a Small World. Blah

vws_and_disney
04-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Tomorrowland Speedway

Disnamic Duo
04-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Peter Pan...we don't get it. We waited an hour one time. And that's the last time we rode it. Pretty darn boring.

PopeCharming
04-26-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm with the Toy Story Mania crowd. To quote Stewie Griffin, "what's the appeal?"

i'm grumpy
04-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Test Track was my first thought. Haven't bothered with Astro Orbitor since they made us ride 2 in a car. Also the Speedway is so not worth the long hot wait.

tcswife
04-27-2010, 09:00 AM
I have always loved TTA, but the new audio is the most boring audio I have ever heard on any ride anywhere in the world, it is now as boring as Spaceship Earth!!!:mickey:

malip
04-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Definitely Toy Story Mania. Good ride, not a great ride, and definitely not worth 70 minutes plus wait

Disney4us2
04-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Soarin here too. It is nice, but I wouldn't do a stand by queue. FP ok. I never saw the WDW version since I think it is the same as DCA (DL) one.

MadMadamMim
04-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Soarin'. I think for whatever reason my eye/ear system doesn't work properly and I never feel like I'm flying.

Stu29573
04-27-2010, 01:32 PM
The Seas with Nemo. It's like they said, "Look people are really going to complain if we give Disneyland their subs back and not the Magic Kingdom, so lets put an attraction in Epcot that uses the same character projection technology! They'll HAVE to love that!!!" NOT.

Kaps
04-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Nemo ride is a total waste of time. I would not wait again they should have put the money elsewhere.

azcavalier
04-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Fantasmic.

I agree with an earlier post that said the Fantasmic at DL is awesome. I got to see that one 14 years ago. But two years ago I went to see the one at WDW, and both my DW and I were completely underwhelmed.

As far as rides like Astro Orbiter, TTA, Tomorrowland Speedway, and Peter Pan...I wouldn't say that there is any buzz to them. But people seem to rave about Fantasmic, TSM, Soarin', etc.

SurferStitch
04-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Test Track. Definitely.

Darbylew
04-28-2010, 08:57 AM
I would have to say the Nemo ride in the living
seas. I love turtle talk. It is such a cute show.
Why would anyone not like Soarin? It is a great
ride but then we always get a fast pass for it.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK ON
MAY 10! CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK IN THE LAND OF MICKEY :mickey: AND THE MAGIC:magic:

ryca1dreams
04-28-2010, 08:58 AM
I would have to agree with Nemo - it really doesn't make any sense to me.

Soarin' I like mainly because of the music. However, why can't they make a film of Florida sites, or even Southeast U.S.?

SBETigg
04-28-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm going to go with a defunct ride at WDW- Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I road it. Never thought it was that amazing or special. It seemed like it could have at least been updated to make it more in keeping with technological advances in rides. I had no problem with seeing it closed. Love the characters, but the ride was like a hokey old carnival ride. Maybe that's the appeal, but it was lost on me. And people are so nostalgic about it! I don't get it.

Spaceship Tigger
04-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Peter Pan. The ride itself is fine, but I don't understand the ridiculous waits.

Belle_0717
04-28-2010, 01:16 PM
I totally agree with most of you.

1. Nemo - maybe it is fun for the kids but I was totally bored.

2. Maelstrom - first ride was the last ride.

3. Fantasmic - saw it once it was fine. Saw it twice and I want my 45 minutes back.

Let me add Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse - did I miss something? All I did was walk through a tree.

Mousemates
04-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Test track - the first time is a lot of fun...but I don't get the long waits by folks who have ridden it multiple times and are no longer surprised by any of the "near incidents" or special effects (i.e. you know you don't ever "crash" or have a sudden drop)...the best part of the ride is the equivalent of riding in a convertible on a state highway....yes, a ride in a convertible with the top down is enjoyable, but I would never dream of waiting 90 minutes for the experience.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Its not a ride but I though Lights, Motors, Action was completely boring.,..my son loved it so maybe its a guy thing:confused:

xo0ally
04-28-2010, 02:29 PM

i completely agree there is always long lines for these but why waste your time when you can go to some other park and do them there? As fir having three of the same type of ride is weird for Disney.

Stu29573
04-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Its not a ride but I though Lights, Motors, Action was completely boring.,..my son loved it so maybe its a guy thing:confused:

Nope, not a guy thing. I'm a guy. I was bored. Never again.

Septbride2002
04-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Soarin - it's a need ride, but I do not understand the 60+ minute wait that it has.....daily.

~Amanda

BrerGnat
04-30-2010, 07:33 PM
The (late) 20K Leagues Under the Sea Ride.

Not that people "rave" about it now, but people sure do like to complain about how it's gone...and I thought that ride was SOOOO boring.

And, I expect flames from this one, but:

The New Nemo Submarine Voyage at DLR. I've ridden it twice. The first time, it was okay because it was "new". The second time...I would have fallen asleep if not for the INSANELY loud sirens and audio narration...

DiannaJ
04-30-2010, 07:38 PM
The transit Authority has to be the most lame and boring...

AJ Springfield
05-01-2010, 09:54 AM
My family doesn't understand the fuss about the
Nemo Ride or Pooh's Adventures.

Lakin
05-01-2010, 11:42 AM
The Winnie the Pooh dark ride....wow. They could have done SOMETHING to make it interesting! I must say, that's probably the dumbest ride in all of WDW.

GoBlueLacheta
05-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Peter Pan...

Tomorrowland Speedway..

Star Tours..

Nemo...(The quality of the musical and Turtle Talk makes it still a win for the movie's influence at Disney overall)

Rockin Roller Coaster( It's great once or twice but the re-rideability should be more than that for a flagship coaster of a park..the launch and first loop are good then it's a headache and way to short..wait times are always ballooned because of crowd control issues and the pre-show is not effective.

Shows that have run their course...Indiana Jones..I think it's older than Harrison Ford...The Little Mermaid...Drew Carey Sounds Dangerous is never open and they really should do something worthwile with that valuable real estate..Lights Motors Action...Great Once but that is all you need...

We'll end with a splash of positive after all that though...Some underrated rides that do not get enough fuss are

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor

TTA

Mission Space ( It really has gotten a bad rap but the concept was very different and there really is nothing like it...With the addition of the non-spinning version it's lines should be longer. It's by no means one of my favorites but it is really underrated and one should ride every trip.

Innoventions...There is alot more to do in there and the Sum of All Thrills is a real hidden gem.

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Without a doubt, Snorin', oops I mean Soarin'.;)

I will never understand why anyone would waste 60 - 90 minutes of vacation time standing in line for that.:confused:

eeyoregirl13
05-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Captain EO - not excited it's back, not planning on seeing it again

DadTriton
05-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Without a doubt, Snorin', oops I mean Soarin'.;)

I will never understand why anyone would waste 60 - 90 minutes of vacation time standing in line for that.:confused:

I would agree if I stood in line. We either go to Test Track and get FP and go immediately to Soarin' or visa versa when the park opens. Never stood in line more than 10 min at Soarin'. It is a fast attraction and I remember exiting and seeing all the sad faces deep in line.

plutosnana
05-01-2010, 08:10 PM
ALL the walk-in rides it really stinks to go in someplace and look a stuff. Who ever says: "Let's look at something in a glass container!"

CU Tiger
05-03-2010, 12:20 PM
I have a couple of rides that I do not like like Stitch, but a lot of people feel the same way. For this question, I would fill in the blank with Soarin. It is a cool ride, but I am not about to wait in the lines that exist for this ride. I will go have a beer :beer: in England while you wait in line.:mickey:

pink
05-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Almost all of Epcot. None of those rides do it for me. Although I am going to be the minority here and say that I love Soarin and Test Track.

The Dumbo ride, Carosel of Progess (sp), Nemo (we waited for this ride and couldn't believe how bad it was), Peter Pan. :mickey:

joonyer
05-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Well, I don't think there's really a "craze" about it, but I have no idea why Disney doesn't replace the Tomorrowland Speedway with something better, even if it is another "driving" attraction. There is absolutely nothing "magical" about it, it has no theme even remotely related to anything Disney, and have others have said, it really belongs in a cheap, two-bit, tacky roadside amusement park, NOT in the "Magic" Kingdom.

Gator
05-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Toy Story Mania. Just SO long of a wait, it's is fun, but not really that different!

I'm on board with you. Even in the off season, the wait is 45 minutes long. It's just a video game on wheels. And now that you can get it on the Wii, why take all the time to ride it. Maybe if DHS got another dark ride for kids, TSM would get shorter lines.

Spang88
05-04-2010, 02:51 PM
I would have to say I was disappointed with Nemo.

NewDVCowner
05-04-2010, 05:37 PM
At WDW I have to agree with everyone that says Soarin', I've done it a few time at DCA and was looking forward to seeing something new at WDW - it's exactly the same ride. How boring, and how non-relevent. At least in California you can tie it into the state.

The one that got me the most, though, was Winnie the Pooh. I was told it was a 'don't miss' ride. It was the worst.

I agree about the Nemo ride at DL, I didn't even enjoy it the first time. As a kid I loved the yellow submarines, especially the sea monster! Now it takes way too much time, between the line, the loading, and the ride itself you've lost at least an hour -and that's if the line is short! Plus the horrid gas smell gave me a really bad headache for the rest of the day. Never doing that one again.

GoBlueLacheta
05-05-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm on board with you. Even in the off season, the wait is 45 minutes long. It's just a video game on wheels. And now that you can get it on the Wii, why take all the time to ride it. Maybe if DHS got another dark ride for kids, TSM would get shorter lines.

Here is the thing with TSM and Soarin' both great Disney experiences with TSM definately having more of a re-ride value to it... As far as the lines are concerned, these are rides in which everyone can enjoy... little fear,age,injury issues are involved with these types of rides as opposed to Test Track, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, RNC, and even Splash to some extent. Everyone in the family can go on TSM and Soarin which ballons the wait times. They are also both inside completely, are newer to the parks, but the main reason remains that everyone that walks into EPCOT or DHS will take time out of their day to ride those particular rides even if they are not the greatest to everyone who rides them.

disneykid@hrt
05-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I thought Toy Story Mania was fun but it should have been way better. Also it didn't deserve such rave reviews. I always wonder why the line for Peter Pan is ENORMOUS! I don't mind it, but if there is a line for it I keep on walking. Same thing with Soarin'. I LOVE it but there is ALWAYS an insane line. But with the Disney cravings I've been having I'd wait 3 hours for the TTA right about now...:mickey:

GenieOfPA
05-06-2010, 12:33 AM
one more for the new nemo ride... :fishbowl:

tys_mommy
05-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Toy Story Mania - I enjoy it but just don't see what all the craze is about.

Bad Wolf
05-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Soarin' - it was neat the first time around, but not worth the huge waits it usually has.

Fantasmic! - Once was enough. Plus, its rare we last all day at DHS, so we're not going to wait around for that. They really need to bring something else to the Studios. For us, it's basically a 4 attraction park that we visit once during a week long stay.

Stitch. The previous Alien Encounter was SO much better.

Tomorrowland speedway.