PDA

View Full Version : advice on resort

Kennywife
04-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Ok. My hubby and I are going to WDW this fall Nov. 2-7 with a cruise on DCL to follow Nov. 7-11. :cloud9: We know we are staying in a moderate, but he has left it up to me to decide which one.

We stayed in POR on our honeymoon. This one is Kenny's favorite. He always wants to go back there. I like it, but I don't love it if you know what I mean. :goodbad:

I work as a travel writer and will be covering the F&W festival. I am looking at CBR for the location or CSR just for how gorgeous it is. :joy: I also like POFQ, but I like the idea of a tropical vacay this time. Kenny loves the beach. But, I know his heart is with POR.

So, what would you do? It's for our 10 year anniversary.

Anna

faline
04-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Port Orleans French Quarter is a terrific resort. It has a very romantic, New Orleansy feel to it as well as quite an intimate feel. We stayed at this location for the first time last summer and liked it so well, we are returning this year.

Coronado Springs is also a lovely moderate resort. What I like about this resort is that it has many of the features of a deluxe, but at a moderate price. I understand the rooms have recently been refurbished.

The first time, we stayed at the Caribbean, I loved it - not so much, the last time and we have not been back. I think these feelings came from experiences not directly related to the resort itself. First off, when we were checked in, we were told we were be upgrading to a water view room. We weren't. After our check-in was complete, we were left waiting to be transportated to our room while many others who checked in after us were called and went on their way. Turns out, they mixed things up and "forgot" about us. When we inquired, they finally got us on a vehicle to our room. At that point, they told us they had temporarily misplaced our luggage, knew they had delivered it to the "wrong" room, but we shoudn't worry about it. They would fix it and we could just to ahead to the parks. Now, of course, knowing our luggage was delivered to complete strangers did not put me in the mood to just go on out and enjoy ourselves. We did get the luggage back pretty quickly but the whole experience set the tone for our visit there.

I don't think you could go wrong with either French Quarter or Coronado.

mjm12000
04-23-2010, 01:44 PM
The CSR is my vote, it is so beautiful and romantic. If you like sand and warmth and a tropical feel the CSR is wonderful. The buses are great, the themeing is amazingly detailed and the resort has many of the benefits of a deluxe while still being a moderate, which the other moderates can not boast. The pool is so much fun for kids and adults and althrough the resort is very large the walks around the lake offer beautiful views.

Checkers
04-23-2010, 01:51 PM
:mickey:Another vote for POFQ. It is our favorite moderate. Love the boat to DTD as well as those beignets in the food court!

Genie1953
04-23-2010, 02:35 PM
My vote is for Port Orleans Riverside. We have only stayed at the mansion side of the resort but last week we were able to take a stroll through the alligator bayou section and got a peek at one of those rooms....and that is our new favorite. We will be requesting a room in that area on our next visit. I have always loved the boat to downtown disney.....close proximity to French Quarter and those wonderful begniets....you can bike, boat, take a carriage ride....there is the main pool as well as a number of quiet pools spread throughout the resort. We just love this resort. Have to be honest though because I have never been to Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach so cannot comment on those at all.

Ropachs
04-23-2010, 02:44 PM
We've stayed at all of them and liked all of them. I'd have to say that CBR is my favorite. I love the music and feel of the resort and we like the variety in the food court.

vicster
04-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Loved POFQ and the smaller size of the resort, the New Orleans streets, and of course Mardi Gras beads.

#1donaldfan
04-25-2010, 09:16 AM
....they are all nice in their own repects....if your so torn and you know he loves POR, however don't want to "upset" him....put the names of all the resorts you know you'd both like to visit in a hat and draw one out "together".....viola, you now have your resort......:party: