PDA

View Full Version : Christmas day.....

cetacean01
04-23-2010, 10:52 AM
SO it has been decided that I will FINALLY get to surprise my children (5 & 9) with christmas in WDW.....specifically MK!!!!! I plan on getting there at the rope drop.....my question is this....what do I prepare for? I have some people saying that MK is not crowded on christmas day and some people telling me it does get crowded. I know to prepare for crowdsfrom the 26th thorugh the 31st...

I have also heard that christmas day is essentially like MVMCP only without needing an extra ticket.

Toughts, suggestions, etc..........:mickey:

JROriole8Fan
04-23-2010, 11:59 AM
We have been going to the MK on Christmas for the past 10 years. It is the busiest day of the year and many times is closed to capacity. You have to know the lines will be very long for everything, so plan to do less. But it is a great experience, you just have to know ahead of time that it will be wall to wall people.

cetacean01
04-23-2010, 05:13 PM
I found it very difficult to believe that WDW is not busy on Christmas Day. Having said that, I was in Epcot for the Millenium......busiest day in Disney history.......and I survived that. What about the MVMCP? From what I have heard christmas day is essentially the same thing only no upcharge.

Pirate Granny
04-24-2010, 01:28 PM
MAKE SURE that you book your dining reservations during the 180 period...we were there and I was shocked at how many people kept walking up to CRT and expected to get in with no reservations on the busiest week on the year...there aren't too many sit down restaurants at MK...and they are all booked...and you will wait a while and have to stalk tables at counter service...which is why for dinner we do TS. You can't leave and go to a monorail resort for meals as you may not get back into the park...
It's the best time in the world to go...I would do it over again in a heartbeat.
:pirate: