PDA

View Full Version : Opening and Closing events

steamboat52
04-22-2010, 06:46 PM
What are the "don't miss" opening and closing events at each of the parks? I'm especially interested in knowing if there is anything that is worth returning to a park for, or arriving early for.

3 more days and eager to take it all in!

Pastcastmemberdaughter
04-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Magic Kingdom has a cool opening ceremony. I would see that if possible. I think this is the only park that does a special opening deal, but I could be wrong. Someone will correct me if that is incorrect.

Magic Kingdom has a night parade, SpectroMagic and Wishes fireworks, Epcot has Illuminations, and Hollywood Studios has Fantasmic (only on certain days). All of these night time shows I love to see each time I go. Some consider Fantasmic one to skip but I thoughly enjoy it. If you've never seen it I would try to see it if I were you.

Animal Kingdom doesn't have a night fireworks show because of closing before dark and the animals. However they do have a cute parade they run usually close to closing time. I rarely watch it, but if you like parades it's worth the time.

Hope this helps.

Genie1953
04-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Magic Kingdom has a night parade, SpectroMagic and Wishes fireworks, Epcot has Illuminations, and Hollywood Studios has Fantasmic (only on certain days). All of these night time shows I love to see each time I go. Some consider Fantasmic one to skip but I thoughly enjoy it. If you've never seen it I would try to see it if I were you.

Agree with this. And Fantasmic is a must do. That was our favorite show. We went to the later show so did not have to do the long wait in line that the earlier show has. We also loved spectromagic, wishes, and illuminations....they were great as well.

Tygger7
04-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Also, try to see the "Kiss Goodnight" at MK. Just something to experience at least once. :mickey:

Nascfan
04-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Magic Kingdom has a cool opening ceremony. I would see that if possible. I think this is the only park that does a special opening deal, but I could be wrong. Someone will correct me if that is incorrect.

They all have some sort of opening something. Some are more than others. AK's is pretty cool with Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy going on a "safari". A chosen person (generally a younger guest) gets to turn the crank to open the wait-time board and officially "open" the rope drop. Epcot's is pretty neat also with characters coming out and greeting and the chosen family of the day being driven in a street test-track car over to test-track to be first on that ride. I think Studios is the least with just a family of the day opening the park.

Genie1953
04-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Also, try to see the "Kiss Goodnight" at MK. Just something to experience at least once. :mickey:

What is this? I have never heard of it before.

Touchdown
04-23-2010, 07:45 PM
I could tell you but its just easier to show you (http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=BWT8zeoJqVk&feature=related)

steamboat52
04-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Thank you, everyone, for your input. And thank you Touchdown! That brought tears to my eyes. We leave day after tomorrow. I can't wait.