PDA

View Full Version : Very Merry Christmas party

Kaps
04-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Just looking for some insight on the after hours party at the Magic Kingdom. Is it worth the extra expense? I have a family of 5 and it gets expensive to do everything but, if it is worth it we would like to go. What are everyone's thoughts?

Zippy 1
04-22-2010, 06:29 PM
We have done the party twice and would not hesitate to do it again. We love the snow on Main Street. The characters in their holiday dress. We have had a great time both times we have gone. Cookies and hot chocolate, holiday music, carols and much more. It really gets one in the holiday mood. I know not everyone will agree with me - but we just love it!!!

Pirate Granny
04-22-2010, 06:53 PM
We love the show too...here's what we do...we purchase one less day on our passes and don't go to the parks (do DTD or water parks or other stuff) and make ADR's for 4:10pm at Liberty Tree Tavern (when they used to have Character Dinners they dressed in holiday costumes) and you can enter the park at 4pm for the show...this gives you three extra hours before the party starts at 7pm...we ALWAYS stay until the very end...and shop on our way out after the park closes...it is pricey...there are some deals if you purchase in advance on certain days. Also discounts on certain days if you have an Annual Pass.
:pirate:
:pirate:

LauraByTheSea
04-22-2010, 08:16 PM
I think we'll be going this year too. We're getting annual passes, so taking a trip will be worth it since we'll have less of an expense. Then we can afford the Christmas Party tix!

Hope you can go too, Kaps!

CardsFan81
04-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Ditto to what Granny said about buying a smaller park ticket. Usually on MVMCP day my husband and I relax until close to party time.

Also, you'll find that since the crowd is limited in the park, you'll be able to navigate the Magic Kingdom much faster.

For us, it's the best (and really only) time to enjoy all the rides in Fantasyland without a huge wait.

:mickey:

DadTriton
04-23-2010, 09:25 AM
It's worth it to do once.
I wouldn't do it every year.
We went in 06 and are probably going again this winter.
We have a one-day free pass and we will go to Hollywood Studios to see the lights and then go to the MVMCP the other day.

wdw dude
04-23-2010, 09:41 AM
I did it last year and really enjoyed it. It's a little pricey, but I thought it was a lot of fun. I'd do it again with no hesitation. I think anyone should try it at least once.

Too bad it was so doggone cold, though. Seemed more like the North Pole than Florida! :freeze:

:mickey:

tmosier
04-23-2010, 10:35 AM
My family and I did MVMCP on day 1 of a 7 day trip to WDW and we'd do it again! It was a great way to begin our vacation.

mickeyman42
04-24-2010, 08:33 AM
My opinion is apparently in the minority but we went last year thinking it would be great, but were disappointed. We went in knowing what we wanted to do, see, experience from living on this board so we weren't naive about what to expect. But we found that even though it was limited admission, everyone wanted to see the shows, and parade since thats what you paid for (the things different than a normal MK day) and those were crazy busy. It was just too busy around the chistmas party only stuff for us to enjoy it. We dont like camping out to see a show or parade for hours which is what we had to do. Also christmas wishes is not as good a regular wishes, and I love wishes. Sorry, just my :twocents: