PDA

View Full Version : New Puppy!!

SurferStitch
04-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Well, for my parents, not me.

My parents had a Pomeranian that died this past December. She was 4 months shy of 19 years old, so she had a very long and happy life.

Ever since, my mom keeps telling me how much she misses her (her name was Sally), but she definitely would not get another puppy. At almost 70 years old, she didn't want to start over.

Yeah, that was until a couple days ago....

I was shopping with her at a local country store (Country Junction), and they sell puppies from local breeders (our Cairn Terrier is from there). They vet every breeder to ensure healthy puppies and NO puppy mills. Well, we found this super tiny female Pomeranian, and fell in love. My mom insisted she wouldn't buy her, but I broke her down. After 15 minutes of my negotiating powers, she caved. :thumbsup:

So, now they have a 1.5 lb. puppy named Cassie, and she is precious. She's so smart and alert, and loves to follow us everywhere. She also loves our two little pooches, so everyone gets along well. I'm sure my pups will love playing with her when we visit.

I love having a puppy around. Well, at least one that I can visit whenever I want. Yay!!

SBETigg
04-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Awww. Congratulations. Sweet puppy fur in the house! My daughter really wants a Pomeranian one day. Once she's grown and on her own, not for quite some time. Enjoy the new addition to your family.

Pastcastmemberdaughter
04-22-2010, 03:06 PM
I love Poms they're the best. I have two right now. One black and one white and cream colored one.

Congrat to you and them. Poms are so much fun and cute!

Lynn J Mc
04-22-2010, 04:35 PM
I hope they enjoy her. We had a pom that lived to be 13. He was a joy. Such a calm dog. We now have a yorkie who is a terror!! Who knew 2 dogs could be so different?

SurferStitch
04-28-2010, 12:58 AM
I hope they enjoy her. We had a pom that lived to be 13. He was a joy. Such a calm dog. We now have a yorkie who is a terror!! Who knew 2 dogs could be so different?

Oooohhh.... terriers (aka terrors) are my favorites! I have a Cairn, and had a Yorkie who died about 7 years ago (old age). I love their intelligence, stubborn attitude and overall nature. My Lhasa Apso is a kiss-up, and very sweet. She is a joy. My Cairn and Lhasa are both 8 years old now (6 weeks apart in age).

mixelate
05-04-2010, 03:42 PM
new puppies are great! i am jealous!

i think people tend to think of yorkshire terriers as cute and little ( because they are ! ) and forget about the terrier part! :secret: