PDA

View Full Version : Early and late parade?

wdwluv
04-22-2010, 11:51 AM
I never realized Spectromagic could run twice. With my sound sensitive kids. We've pretty much decided hubby will take them on a ride while my older daughter and I watch fireworks. I'm so excited to learn they can come back and watch the parade! We will be there May 15th. How likely is it they could cancel that last one?

Touchdown
04-22-2010, 12:02 PM
If it is scheduled then they will not cancel it unless there is rain.

moe513
04-22-2010, 01:12 PM
The second parade is usually less crowded. We also like the 2nd Fantasmic

wdwluv
04-22-2010, 05:03 PM
moe513 - do you have to hurry to grab seats with the last one? How do you usually do it? (do you do the fireworks?)

badkitty
04-22-2010, 08:21 PM
If you watch the fireworks around the hub (stay away from directly in front of the castle - your view of a lot of the fireworks is blocked by the castle), you can quickly grab a curb seating as many folks are exiting. Or if you are watching the fireworks over in Frontierland by the river, you can easily get a spot anywhere on the street in Frontierland. The park I would think will be quite busy on Sat the 15th since it is Sat (one of the most busiest for MK) and that Sunday I believe the park is closing at 5PM for an event.

chrisb26
04-22-2010, 08:38 PM
The second parade is usually not crowded at all unlike with the first Spectro where you have to wait a while for a good seat you typically don't need to wait a while for it. If you head over towards the Frontierland area of the park to watch the parade it will be even less crowded more then likely.

Touchdown
04-22-2010, 09:27 PM
We usually watch Wishes from the castle end of Main Street (right before the hub) and then pivot and grab the nearest spot on the curb still open after the show to watch Spectro (this is also when we grab a snack.)

Pastcastmemberdaughter
04-22-2010, 11:48 PM
I was there last week and the second spectromagic parade we walked right up on to main st and got a seat on the sidewalk just steps away from the main street bakery. I was amazed.