PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else hooked on september?

dyin tago
04-22-2010, 10:48 AM
hello all,

wife and I have been to the world 6 times from canada so far,5 times in september and once in july.

other than the free dining:eat: which has been great we still like september because the weather is so perfect for the water parks and side trips to the awesome beaches.

does anyone else hate the extreme heat:fan:
but still do september for the same reasons?

vicster
04-22-2010, 11:10 AM
My DH and I are totally hooked on September after the kids go back to school. After going in the summer months for many, many years I can't believe the difference in going in September - especially with the crowd levels. As far as heat levels, last September was quite warm (90) and high humidity. I can deal with the heat but they can have the humidity. Haven't figured out how to have a good hair day in FL with the humidity...

Alaska Disney Fan
04-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Our first 2 times were in September, tried April/May the next 2. We are going back in September again. Love the crowds, or lack there of, and temps are great. We do take our kids out of school, but it hasn't affected their grades yet. We have always gone at the end of September and have always missed out on the free dining. Hopefully they will offer it this year. If they do we may upgrade to AK, since we have already commited to spending the money for the dining plan.

PopPhan
04-22-2010, 03:19 PM
You betcha! We have tried February (Valentine's week); December (week following Thanksgiving); January (first week following the 1st); and numerous times mid-late September....

For all around enjoyment, late-September wins. Humidity may be a bit high, but temps are generally no worse than what we had put up with through summer...but for the most part, it is pretty much level - no big jumps/drops between the highs and lows and as far as precipitation, you can expect a brief shower in the late afternoon to be followed by a beautiful evening.

Giggy
04-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Hopefully we will be, we're going this year for late August until early September. It will be hotter than we're used to but we're just excited to be going for the first time since 2004.

vizsla
04-23-2010, 04:16 AM
We like September as well. The crowds are light, the weather is nice and it is at a time of year that does not interfer with DD's competitive gymnastics schedule.

Dragongirlx
04-23-2010, 06:52 AM
My twin sister and I always go in September.
The crowds are light and I personally love the heat so that never puts me off.

azcavalier
04-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Nope. Too hot. Of course, we've never done the water parks. We did do the beach once.

We like December. Christmas decorations, perfect temps. We went in October last year, and it was unbearable....in the 90's and humid. It could have been worse, though...it could have been July or August. I can't even imagine...

wantthreewishes
04-23-2010, 02:13 PM
We always go the last week in February...warm weather, but not too hot (although this year was unseasonably cool)...very light crowds...and we plan so we get our income tax returns right before we go...:mickey:

Disney Doll
04-23-2010, 02:41 PM
We like late Sept. Last year it was warm, but I was pregnant so I'm hoping that I'll feel more comfortable this year. The crowds are the biggest factor for me which is why I like Sept.

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-23-2010, 03:34 PM
From my signature you can see that we used to frequent in September. We love the lack of crowds, the heat -yes would be nice if the humidity could take a vacation when we are there, the price!

We went for a quick getaway, just DH and I, in October for my birthday and low and behold, we loved October even more!

We will continue to go "off season" even as my kids start to go to school for as long as we can.

Tinker Fan
04-23-2010, 09:00 PM
We have went 3 times around the end of September to the first part of October and this is my favorite time to go, love the lighter crowds and weather. The other 2 times we went April and May and really like that time to but can't beat the fall.