PDA

View Full Version : Hot tub opinions

LVT
04-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Hi, it's time to consider a new resort. I would like a hot tub by the pool next time. Any one have opinions on the good, better and awesome? Thank you.

Figment1988
04-21-2010, 09:35 PM
i would suggest the hot tubs in Stormalong Bay @ the Yacht and Beach club, there are three of them, and they are quite popular. fortunately, if the weather makes the hot tub way too hot, you can go to the Ship Shape health club which has an indoor whirlpool which is relatively much quieter

SBETigg
04-21-2010, 09:51 PM
I like the Grand Floridian. Hot tub right next to the courtyard pool, which is usually quiet and not loaded with kids (who tend to prefer the waterfall pool on the beach). It's an easy jump between hot tub to pool. There is a second hot tub in the spa if indoors is preferred.

Fastpasssteve
04-21-2010, 11:52 PM
I love the pools and hot tubs at Saratoga Springs. They've recently added a new large "feature" pool with another hot tub. All of the quiet pools (scattered around the resort) have hot tubs by them, as well. Not as many children at this resort, it seems.

BugeyedMuggy
04-22-2010, 09:42 AM
The one at AKL is near the pool but due to the foliage around the hot tub it seems very secluded.

RBrooksC
04-22-2010, 10:18 AM
I like ones that turn into a Time Machine! FTW

Gregandmel
04-22-2010, 10:20 AM

:rotfl: :silly:

Seasonscraps
04-22-2010, 11:22 AM
CSR boasts having the largest ones.

WL has two which is nice.

I am dying to see this movie! :D

cinderellagrl
04-22-2010, 11:48 AM
The nice thing about most deluxe resorts is that they generally have a hot tub near the main pool and then a hot tub by a quiet pool as well. We always liked the villas "hidden" pool and hot tub at the WL, Admiral pool and hot tub at the yacht club/ bc, and, as previously mentioned, the quiet pool/hot tub at the GF

that has always been my family's main prob with the Poly- NO HOT TUB! How hard could it be to put one in?

LVT
04-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Thank you all for your valuable input.

Patricia
04-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Hmm.. I have never noticed there was no hot tub at the Poly. That's so unusual for a resort.

Anyhoo.. I enjoy the hot tub at Wilderness Lodge villas. Very quiet.

Bohms4
04-23-2010, 04:05 PM
I like the Grand Floridian. Hot tub right next to the courtyard pool, which is usually quiet and not loaded with kids (who tend to prefer the waterfall pool on the beach). It's an easy jump between hot tub to pool. There is a second hot tub in the spa if indoors is preferred.

Wait...there is a waterfall pool on the beach at the GF? We ate dinner at the Cafe and we only saw the pool in the courtyard right outside the windows of the GF....we thought that was "the" pool.....is there another one? Obviously we've never stayed there but were thinking about it some time in the future.

SBETigg
04-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Wait...there is a waterfall pool on the beach at the GF? We ate dinner at the Cafe and we only saw the pool in the courtyard right outside the windows of the GF....we thought that was "the" pool.....is there another one? Obviously we've never stayed there but were thinking about it some time in the future.

Yes, on the side facing the Polynesian. You can see it from the monorail if you ride from Poly to GF before you get to MK. It's zero entry, with a great slide and waterfall effect. I prefer the courtyard pool, which is more the "quiet pool" of the resort.

BigThunderFan
04-23-2010, 05:55 PM
We LOVED the hot tubs at WL! They were close to the main pool and kid's pool, but were elevated in what is themed to look like a natural rock setting. Plus the geyser is just on the other side of them and fun to watch.

My son and I sat in the "cool" hot tub one night while it rained. It was definitely 10-20 degrees cooler than the other one, but still felt great on a cool January evening. It is so beautiful to sit back and look up at the lodge at night and just take in the views.:thumbsup:

jillluvsdisney
04-23-2010, 06:42 PM
The hot tubs at WL are great, right by the pool and killer view.

The hot tub by the quiet pool at the Boardwalk is really nice also. It's like being in you own private garden.

The hot tub at POFQ is set off the beaten path. It's near the pool but you can not see them from one another. There's a lot foliage nearby and it seems to wind up in the hot tub.

queenmom9497
04-24-2010, 09:31 AM
We liked the quiet pool in YC with the hot tub a few steps away. We were in a pool side room and loved it. We could sit on the patio and the DDs were in the pool/hot tub.

In addition, we had Stormalong Bay as an option.

Zawadi
04-25-2010, 07:52 AM
The one at AKL is near the pool but due to the foliage around the hot tub it seems very secluded.
:ditto:

AKL does have two hot tubs. One behind the water slide and the other behind the pool bar.