PDA

View Full Version : Paris Disney "too old for Princess"

LVT
04-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Paris Disney. I just skimmed a news article that a woman and child dressed up in fancy dresses to celebrate together. The woman was asked to leave because of the fancy dress. I thought that anyone could go to BBB. What about Star Wars and Holloween?
Anyone have a book of rules?

TinyDancer
04-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Maybe she was dressed too similarly to their princesses so as to be confusing? I thought I'd heard of that problem before, but perhaps it was becuase they had been passing themselves off as "official" whoevers they were dressed as.

DVC2004
04-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Yeah, people can't be dressed as so other guests think they are the cast member. Otherwise there would be a line of wierdos waiting to get in for reasons you can imagine. That's my guess too.

Tick-Tock
04-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Star Wars and MNSSHP are the exceptions to the general rule. WDW's clothing policy states:

Attire that is not appropriate for the theme parks (and which may result in refusal of admittance) includes but is not limited to:

Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as representative of an actual Disney character
. . .
A Guest is allowed into the parks if her or his hair (or make-up, if applicable) has been made to resemble a Disney Princess or character (for example, after a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeover) provided the Guest is not also wearing a costume or clothed to look like the character.

It's in the FAQs on the Disney website.

badkitty
04-22-2010, 08:25 PM
I saw a guest (and he was definitely a guest) walking around MK dressed in full Jack Sparrow attire and it wasn't MNSSHP. Many people were taking photos with him. I don't know if he was allowed to continue posing as Jack.

biodtl
04-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Star Wars and MNSSHP are the exceptions to the general rule. WDW's clothing policy states:

Attire that is not appropriate for the theme parks (and which may result in refusal of admittance) includes but is not limited to:

Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as representative of an actual Disney character I dressed as Snow White for our last MNSSHP - I guess that was OK, since it was the Halloween Party. Of course, I don't think I was particularly "representative of an actual Disney character" since I have about 100 pounds and 25 years on the "real" Snow White :funny:

DadTriton
04-23-2010, 10:18 AM
I saw the same article with a photo of the lady.
I don't think anyone would mistake her for a princess. She was 35 and very normal looking.
The Disney princesses are all very young and pretty. Policy is Policy I guess.

biodtl
04-23-2010, 01:05 PM
I saw the same article with a photo of the lady.
I don't think anyone would mistake her for a princess. She was 35 and very normal looking.
The Disney princesses are all very young and pretty. Policy is Policy I guess.

I saw a photo, too and what surprised me was that it wasn't a Disney Princess dress - I guess I assumed that she showed up dressed like Belle or Cinderella or something, but it was just an old gown & tiara.

sbwillie
04-23-2010, 01:55 PM
It's France. 'Nuf said.