PDA

View Full Version : Phone or online?

wdwcarrie
04-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Just booked for a long weekend at the end of October (yay!) and our 180-day window starts next Friday. I was wondering if people have had good experiences booking online, and if those who have done so would recommend using the online system over calling for ADRs. Thanks!

Strmchsr
04-21-2010, 04:17 PM
It's 50-50 honestly. The online is nice since I don't have to wait on hold, but it's a little clunky and, honestly, I've found the CMs on the phone have sometimes been able to find a time that was not listed online.

beksy
04-21-2010, 06:14 PM
I usually do the phone for the ressies at the 180 day mark. Then we always seem to change our mind on times or even places, so I usually go online to see what is available so I can see it all at once. It works for me! :thumbsup:

BugeyedMuggy
04-21-2010, 06:22 PM
We have had great luck booking online & if I'm not mistaken you can book at 6 am EST vs 7am calling on the phone. Those hard to get ressies we have not had a problem with. Maybe just try and see for yourself.

mickeytravel
04-22-2010, 07:16 AM
online is so easy and if its not available they give you other options as well.

tmosier
04-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Definitely online first!

MariMouse
04-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Definitely on-line! I have always gotten what I want. The only problem is--it is so easy ,I tend to make more ressies than I intended!:blush:

phlo8810
04-22-2010, 12:34 PM
I like the online as well. If your first time is not there the closest ones come up. The phone takes alot longer I think.

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Another vote for online!!!! :thumbsup:

crltkcagle
04-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Online is so much easier!

wdwcarrie
04-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks for all the input. Online it is! Since I'm a teacher I'm always up very early anyhow, so I can be ready to go at 6 a.m. Eastern time (5 am here in Central time!). We're hoping to do Le Cellier sometime during the trip, so keep your fingers crossed for us!

BklynChick
04-24-2010, 03:20 PM
I used the online reservations system last week for the first time. I was on promptly @ 6am and it did take a few minutes for me to be able to access the system (probably b/c the server was overloaded with all the other crazy people trying to do the same thing I was :mickey:), but once I got on it was very simple. I was able to reserve every restaurant I wanted, and at every time I wanted EXCEPT Mama Melrose (could only get 4:40pm on a non-Fantasmic night????). I loved being able to get an email confirmation of all my ADRs. I would definitely recommend using online.

Giselle
04-26-2010, 12:02 PM
I'd call. Both are time consuming, but a CM can suggest other places and times if what you want is not available, where as with the on-line system you have to keep putting in different times, etc. Sometimes a person can give you info or suggestions that you may not have known.

whitney37354
04-26-2010, 12:38 PM
I did mine online at 6 a.m., 180 days out. I got everything I wanted within 15 minutes of the time I wanted them. It took about 30 minutes tops. The only thing I had to call in for at 7 a.m. was the Fantasmic dinner package and that was fast & easy as well.

DisneyFr33k
04-26-2010, 01:15 PM
I just did my ADR's via online this morning! It went beautifully and I got everything I wanted without compromise. I did have to call to get a special dining at 7am, and got through within 5 minutes and got that one too!

By the way, we got two Le Cellier ressies for our trip - both went right through online!!

I think the online system is not stressing out the phone lines as much at 7 and makes everything go very smoothly.

Just plan to get up and begin logging into the system by 6:50. I entered my reservation number and then had to get in the disney site. But I had forgotten my password. The system sent me another password, but it took a couple of minutes. I was able to log in right at 6am and was all set by 6:10! :mickey:

Belster
04-26-2010, 01:44 PM
I used the online booking for our last October trip and I loved it. I got everything I wanted, within the times I wanted to go.

I did play with the system before booking, just to make sure I knew how to use it.

Good luck!

BTW...it only to me about 15-20 minutes to do. :mickey: