PDA

View Full Version : Do they close Test Track if it's raining?

Gregandmel
04-21-2010, 02:56 PM
I know that Test Track is one of those attractions which seem to go down often, but wondered if rain is one of the reasons they would close it? We were lucky enough to ride it last trip, but this trip it looks like it may be raining the day we are there, so just curious. Thanks!!

LandFan
04-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Yes. It does close in the rain.

kakn7294
04-21-2010, 05:25 PM
It depends on how heavy the rain is. A light rain will not cause it to close but a heavy downpour or worse will. Any lightening will also be cause for it to close. Just be warned though, even a light rain hitting you in the face at 60 mph hurts like crazy!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Yep, I've been on it in a light rain and you would have thought it was hail!

LandFan
04-22-2010, 09:23 AM
It depends on how heavy the rain is. A light rain will not cause it to close but a heavy downpour or worse will. Any lightening will also be cause for it to close. Just be warned though, even a light rain hitting you in the face at 60 mph hurts like crazy!

Yes, I should have been a bit more specific. If it is drizzling or light, they will run it but at the hint of lightening or a downpour it shuts down. And they are right - it does sting to get hit by even a light drizzle at that speed:D

DVC2004
04-22-2010, 09:26 AM
It closes constantly for breakdowns, too- weather factors aside. Seems to be a very sensitive ride.

disneydoug
04-22-2010, 09:30 AM
I have ridden iot in the light rain and itfeels like being shot with a BB gun at 65 MPH lol

Gregandmel
04-22-2010, 10:18 AM
It closes constantly for breakdowns, too- weather factors aside. Seems to be a very sensitive ride.

Guess we were lucky when we rode it on our trip in Oct. 2008 then!! We'll plan on NOT doing it this time and if it works out...then bonus! But thanks for the tips on being hit in the face with rain at 60mph! I probably would've chanced it with just a drizzle, but sounds like that might be painful. We rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at MK once in a torrential downpour and that was actually pretty fun....but we weren't going 60mph and it still stung pretty good.

Touchdown
04-22-2010, 10:41 AM
If you think getting hit with rain at 65 mph hurts on Test Track, you need to head up to Sandusky, OH and ride Millennium Force which goes 93 mph. That really hurts.

Cedar Point even has a ride that goes faster, Top Thrill Dragster goes 120 mph, thankfully I havent had the misfortune of being on that ride when it starts raining.

kcrc
04-24-2010, 08:04 PM
When we were on Test Track in December, it was raining then as well. Agreed with the above posters that it hurts! I huddled under my slicker like a little girl!