PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Day-Magic Kingdom

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-20-2010, 09:39 AM
How busy is Magic Kingdom Thanksgiving Day? Does it compare to Christmas Day or not as bad?

mouseketeer mom
04-20-2010, 09:53 AM
I cannot compare it to Christmas Day, however, I can say it was the most crowded I have ever seen MK. We were just there on Easter, and that was a breeze compared to the crowds we had on Thanksgiving.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Wow, that's what I was afraid of ....thanks for answering so quick

jodijo
04-20-2010, 10:56 AM
We have been a few times on Thanksgiving but never on Christmas. This past Thanksgiving was very busy. The busiest I have ever seen it. In fact the entire week was busy. The wait times for most of the rides was well over 1 hour. In fact, we ran to TOT at opening of Hollywood Studios and by the time we got there the wait time was over 2 hours. I was shocked! There weren't that many people ahead of us.

So, if you go at Thanksgiving time, be prepared for big crowds and long wait times.

jnfr2424
04-23-2010, 10:17 AM
We have been going on Thanksgiving for the past 4 years and I can agree that this past holiday was busier than last and the reason was in part to great discounts including free dining.
The only holiday that compares to Christmas is July 4th where its total grid lock and possible park closures
Thanksgiving is not like that - yes its crowded and wait times are long but not Christmas long. We did avoid MK this year and went to AK which was fine until mid day then there were some parts you just could not walk because of so many people