PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Fireworks - more questions - rides are all open during?

wdwluv
04-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi there!

Still trying to work out the logistics of seeing the fireworks with some little ones that don't like the noise and older ones that do. (well...mom, dad & 9 yr old do...not the 6 & 3 yr old)

Parade is at 9pm and Wishes at 10pm on the day we are there. (one book I've read keeps talking about sneaking out after the early parade?...there is an early parade and a late parade at night?)

You gave me pointers on where to sit if we want to make a quick exit.

I'm wondering if one of us could take the sound sensitive kids on a ride during them? Are ALL the rides open? I'm thinking an indoor one would be best. Like maybe they could watch the parade - then scoot over to Monsters Inc. Or back to Peter Pan?

I read in one book a quick exit is to cut through the noodle station and into one of the shops side doors - but is my book outdated?...with the special dessert party there, can you even cut through?

Thank you thank you thank you, oh wise ones!

badkitty
04-19-2010, 07:51 PM
All the rides are open except the Railroad. They put the trains away about an hour before the fireworks. The fireworks are launched around the castle and out behind it. The fireworks around the castle are pretty loud so depending on how severe the sound sensitivity is, you will probably want to stay out of Fantasyland.

As to the short-cut: I believe you can still cut through the Noodle Station walkway because the dessert party is on the castle side of the walkway. Not sure what the books means by the shop side door since Eddy's is on the corner. Maybe they want you to cross the street? That might be hard if Wishes is going on. I have always watched the fireworks so I am not much help in forging down mainstreet. Someone should be along soon with options.

Your almost on your way!:thumbsup:

DisneyLuver91
04-19-2010, 09:50 PM
I would say, if your kids aren't scared, to head toward the Haunted Mansion. The fireworks don't seem to be as loud over in Liberty Square. And if they want to at least get a glimpse of the fireworks, try Splash Mountain. The view from the top of the mountain is superb! And the sounds aren't too harsh. And c'mon. Who doesn't love those dancing chickens on the showboat?

EDIT: Didn't read your post carefully enough. I didn't realize how young your kids are. I would definitely go for Laugh Floor in this case. The sounds will be masked by the laughter! And the wait time is virtually zero because the capacity is so high. Have a good time!

04-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Railroad closes 1 hour before the first parade of the night irregardless of the time of the fireworks.

Pirate Granny
04-19-2010, 10:45 PM
EARPLUGS will work wonders
:pirate:

FriendsofMickey
04-20-2010, 07:16 AM
We have stayed behind the castle and rode poohs ride, tea cups (not me :sick:), dumbo,... you definately still hear the fireworks, but maybe just having something else to focus on will help them. When we were there, there were not too many people back there but still had some. Not too much of a wait, if any for any of the rides. I cannot remember if you could get to the other side (peter pan, philarmagic, ...). However, I would test out the rides they like, then make sure I am were I want to be before the parade starts.
You just need to remember one the parade starts, there is not an easy way (if any way) to get to the front of the park).

I agree about the ear plugs. I highly suggest that you either get them ear plugs are some type of earmuffs. It will be well worth it. Many of the rides are loud for little ones. One of my girls even had issues with Philermagic. She was fine, but there is a point that Donald Duck clangs cymbols (loud) at that point she was scared and didn't enjoy the rest of the show as much. (This was at age 2 almost 3, and even later the next year at 3 1/2). My girls were never afraid of the fireworks, never sound sensitive. So, I am thinking if yours are they will have issues with these as well.

I personally think the earmuffs would work better, though I am not sure they sell them for little kids.

FriendsofMickey
04-20-2010, 07:20 AM
Oh, I wanted to add one other point. If riding the bus, there will be a long, long wait if you are leaving from the back of the park. So, take you time strolling back to the bus.

(I think I remember from your where to sit thread that you stated you were driving; however, wanted to add, in case I am wrong.)

Jim&AngieMarriner
04-20-2010, 09:10 AM
For you and the older child who doesnt mind the noise, I recommend trying to ride Dumbo durring the fireworks. Our last trip I took my DD on it (then 8yrs) and we were lucky enough to be on durring the christmas version of Wishes. Honestly I wasnt thrilled with having to take her on what basically amounts to a carnival ride (can you tell im not a Dumbo fan?). But when were on the ride with the fireworks going off and the music and all.... WOW it was absolutely amazing. I felt like I was in a commercial for WDW or something. It is one of my fondest memories of the whole trip. :cloud9:

Babe the Blue Ox
04-20-2010, 10:57 AM
If you can time it just right, seeing the fireworks while riding splash mountain is awesome.

We've been lucky enough to do this twice over the past few years.

KylesMom
04-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Just a note that one of our preferred spots to watch Wishes is in Fantasyland between Pooh and Dumbo - you are surrounded by fireworks throughout most of the show. It's loud and bright for those who love the dazzle, but it probably would be too much for your 6 & 3 year olds if they're not fans.

badkitty
04-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Railroad closes 1 hour before the first parade of the night irregardless of the time of the fireworks.

That is actually not true. The train has been open during the first parade on many nights. I have ridden the train around and have seen the first parade as we depart from Mainstreet Station. The trains are put away due to the firework mortars (sp) landing on the tracks out behind Fantasyland.

Goofy Texan
04-21-2010, 08:58 AM
You might want to take the younger kids to Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe during the fireworks. One wall is glass and faces the castle. They could get a look at them with the noise softened. I've never watched them from there, but I've read where others with small kids have, and it worked out well. It helps "introduce" young kids to the magic of fireworks. They get to see the pretty side of them and later may be willing to tolerate the noise.

Also, the fireworks at Disney don't include the ones that just go off with a loud bang and a sharp light (nothing pretty). Those even hurt my grown up ears!