PDA

View Full Version : Use year?

tdk316
04-19-2010, 02:50 PM
I realize this has probably been covered somewhere, but I'm unable to find it right now so please humor me (or send me a link :mickey:)... what is the importance of use year? We typically vacation at WDW in October or December (but that may change later as the kids get older) and I'm wondering what use year I should look for and why? I understand the 11 and 7 month booking windows, so do you want the use year to be right before your 11-month window? So confused... :confused:

DizneyRox
04-19-2010, 03:30 PM
The only significance I can see if the date that you need to decide to bank your points by is determined by your use year.

I have a Feb use year, and need to bank my points by September I believe. Seeing as I usually use them in July, so not a big deal.

I guess if you do a lot of banking/borrowing for your vacations, it could become a problem, but I'm not so sure.

DVC2004
04-19-2010, 03:35 PM
There are restrictions that involve the last 4 months of your use year and travel; also in case you cancel an need to book diffrerent dates you could lose your points. Mostly it's for the other collections. If you travel in October or December I would get an August, Sept. or Oct. U/Y. I think there might be a few months that aren't u/ys and Sept may be one...not sure 100%. As far as booking out you can still call 11 or 7 months in advance een before you would get points, as long as you'll have the points when the travel date comes. Does this make sense? If not PM me.

tdk316
04-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks many! :mickey: