PDA

View Full Version : Paintbrushes?

hurdlertwin
04-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Hey, I've heard some talk about pain brushes on tom sawyer island... could someone please explain about it? Thanks.

faline
04-18-2010, 09:15 PM
This (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=160636&highlight=paint+brushess) might help.

hurdlertwin
04-18-2010, 09:21 PM
awesome. Thanks so much! I wish I would've known about this before our last visit.

CU Tiger
04-19-2010, 12:09 PM
You need to get in line early so you are on the first boat over to the island. Many people know about this and the entire first boat was full of people getting ready to race and find the burshes. We had a group of 8, split up into pairs, and found two of the brushes. Some are so obvious that you overlook them. Others are not too bad. I do not think they make it to difficult to find them. We had a blast and I think it is worth making plans to do at least once on you trip.:mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
04-19-2010, 12:40 PM
You need to get in line early so you are on the first boat over to the island. Many people know about this and the entire first boat was full of people getting ready to race and find the brushes. We had a group of 8, split up into pairs, and found two of the brushes. Some are so obvious that you overlook them. Others are not too bad. I do not think they make it to difficult to find them. We had a blast and I think it is worth making plans to do at least once on you trip.:mickey:

Does this mean that it is hopeless to find one if you do not take the first boat over?

joonyer
04-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Let's just say the odds of you finding one are much, much higher if you are on the first boat arriving at TSI when it opens. After the first boat load, the chances are dramatically lower. The only time we've found one is when we were on the first boat. I've heard that Cast Members sometimes hide them again later in the day, but I don't know if that is just a rumor or fact or if they used to, whether they still do it.

Pally
04-20-2010, 11:05 AM
My boys found two brushes mid-afternoon in 2006. One was just sitting under a bush. the other was hidden in the caves. The cast member had us hide one of the brushes for some else. We hid it under the bucket you flip over at the top of a hill. What a surprise for someone when they found it. :mickey:

CU Tiger
04-20-2010, 11:55 AM
The first boat is not a must, but will increase your chances. One brush found was on the dock area where we arrived.:mickey:

magicjasb
04-20-2010, 12:44 PM
We have found paintbrushes on two separate trips. Both were found mid-to -late afternoon. We even found two on one day. We have never gone on the first boat, so I don't know if it increases your odds, but we have had good luck!

hurdlertwin
05-08-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm almost upset that I didn't know about this befeore I went, it sounds like a ton of fun. Do you get to keep the brushes when you find them?

DisneyFr33k
05-09-2010, 05:31 AM
I'm almost upset that I didn't know about this befeore I went, it sounds like a ton of fun. Do you get to keep the brushes when you find them?

No, you hand them in to the cast member where you catch the boat back. We found one on the steps going up to the mill. One year, we found one in one of the caves - only we didn't know to take them in exchange for a fast pass to BTMR or SM!

queenmom9497
05-09-2010, 02:21 PM
DD found one two years ago and we certainly were not on the first boat of the day. DD remembers it as being in the middle of the day.

It would not surprise me if the CM did hide them more than once in a day.

We enjoyed the Fast Pass prize on Splash Mountain to cool down.

MadisonvilleMouse239
05-11-2010, 09:00 AM
We were just at WDW from 5/1/10-5/7/10 and DS 6 found a paintbrush on a shelf by the little shed before the barrel bridge. It was midday when he found it. I don't know if any one found it in the morning or if it was hidden again by a CM. It wasn't hard to find. You would just think it was part of the scene if you weren't looking for it.

BigBaloo
05-12-2010, 03:47 PM
We were on 1st boat one time when we were looking for paintbrushes & found 2 right away. We saw another family w/ 3. We kept 1 & hid the other in one of the rifle roosts in the fort..... We got a FP good for any ride in the park that day..... good stuff :mickey: