PDA

View Full Version : Eating around the World

MushuGrl
04-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Every time I go to Disney, I always say I'm going to "eat my way around World Showcase". I've yet to make a complete circle, and I blame the cheeseburgers at the American pavilion teamed with the chocolate eclairs of France. They're my downfall.

Anyways, for those of you that have done it on various trips, what do you recommend from each country for those of us that have missed a few?

I discovered mango green tea slushes at China last trip. Cannot WAIT for another one...

Daisy712
04-18-2010, 07:21 PM
We have done this twice now. There is no way that we could have done it eating meals. We tried that once and couldn't make it around the world. The second time we snacked around the world. We had three teens with us last year and a set of grandparents. We made sure that what we ate was authentic for that country. The CMs were very helpful in pointing things out. We really tried to find things we had never tasted before. We also went during the summer and waited until dusk on a night where it was EMH. It was cooler than and it made for a fun night.

Norway - Schoolhouse Bread from the bakery
Mexio - Chips and salsa or churro
China - Red Bean ice cream from counter service
Italy - chocolates from shop. Italy was hard.
Germany - Gingerbread boy or we did candies from the shop
Morocco - The counter service actually put together a plate of lamb, pita and sides of their salads. We shared the one plate.
America - funnel cakes from stand
Japan - rice candy or you can choose from the variety of things from Japan. The shop in the back has tons to choose from.
France - pasteries
England - any type of english cookie or cracker sold in the shops. We found out we like digestives.
Canada - We got the cheese soup from Le Cellier to go. Beware - we thought it was a ripoff for what we paid. We will look in their shops for a treat the next time.
We are going in July this year and we plan to do this again. Please post after your visit and share what you found.

Daisy712
04-18-2010, 07:22 PM
I forgot to add that we will probably split this between two days. You get very full. We thought with two days it would be more enjoyable and we wouldn't be burned out by the time we got around to England and Canada.

LauraByTheSea
04-18-2010, 07:42 PM
I always say we're going to "eat our way around the world" too, but boy it ends up being a lot of food! Try to stick with the smallest thing you can find. Pretzels in Germany, egg roll in China, fried ice cream in the USA. And definately spilt it all with whomever your with!

mouseketeer mom
04-18-2010, 07:47 PM
We eat around the world often..hee hee. And we always try something new if we can. Last week is was Cloudberry Horns from Norway. Loved these so much more than the schoolbread. The sugar crepes in France are always a hit, and the icey treats in Japan..I forgot what they are called, but its the crushed ice with syrup.