PDA

View Full Version : Celebration Day

Disney4us2
04-18-2010, 12:15 PM
AKA my birthday celebration at Disneyland.

DD and I started out very early so we could be at Disneyland before gate opening. The gates opened around 7:45. We headed over to City Hall for my birthday(actually on 4/18)button.

My DD was hungry and so was I. We had a breakfast at the Carnation Cafe. There was no line (it is usually very long there) and we were seated right away. After our meal of "Oscars Choice" we headed out to get fastpasses for Space Mountain. While we were right there we stopped for a little tour with Captain EO.

After that DD felt like a cool running down a mountain in a bobsled, so off to the Matterhorn. Only one side (the right one) was open due to testing of the new bobsled on the left run. I like the left run much better, it feels smoother than the right side.

Stopped in for a little bit of Fantasy and on to BTMRR and HM before the train to Tomorrowland for fastpasses for Autopia.

On to DCA for a little Food and Wine Festival. We only attended one demo with Dole. It was great. DD and I were ready for lunch so we left our group of friends to do more demo's while we went to the Grand Californian for lunch at Whitewater snacks.... Yummy steak nachos for the both of us and it was time to head over to the Hyperion Theater for Aladdin. Since it is leaving soon, I think it will be a must do for us.

On the way to and from lunch there is an airplane near Soarin over CA. They never do anything with it. Yesterday they had Goofy and Minnie(separately) dressed up in old style aviator outfits. It was really cute, but the line was long for pictures.

Met up with our friends again at Disneyland for a few more attractions before returning to DCA for the Electric Light Parade. This is the last weekend it will be at DCA. DCA was closed after the parade. We said our goodbyes to our friends and went back to DL.

We stopped at the Plaza Inn for some dessert. DD had a very rich chocolate cake and I had a carmel apple pie. DD was almost falling asleep at the table so we were homeward bound. She fell asleep on my rollator on the way to the tram and was out in the car before we even left the parking lot.

Another magical day at the Disneyland Resort.:mickey:

faline
04-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Sounds like a fun way to celebrate your birthday!

ozmom
04-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Happy Birthday - sounds like you had a great day!!! :mickey:

pdrlkr
05-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the Report! :birthday:

NotaGeek
05-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the report! :mickey: