PDA

View Full Version : Family of 5 in a One Bedroom

bob6572
04-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Has anyone stayed at Boardwalk with a family of 5 in a one bedroom. My daughter will be 3 this summer and we were curious if we had the option of staying in a one bedroom there.

Jillirose
04-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Not sure about the BW, but we had 5 at the Caribbean. It was tight, but we were hardly in the room. My nephew slept on the roll away.

bob6572
04-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks Jillirose, but to be more specific I meant the DVC side.

Tinkermom
04-18-2010, 12:57 PM
We did several years ago when our daughter was 3. Just keep in mind that there are only 2 beds. One in the master and the pullout couch in the living room. We brought a twin size Aero bed with us for our DD and our boys slept together on the sofa bed.

MinnieMommie
04-18-2010, 02:18 PM
We were there recently for 1 night. We had our 3 girls sleep in the king size bed and DH and I slept in the pull out couch. There is no designated space for the 5th person like at BLT (and other venues) where we headed to for the rest of our stay.

You will need to decide where everyone will sleep. A sleeping bag or aero - type mattress are solutions. Just remember there will be no utensils/glasses/dishes, towels or sheets/pillows provided for the 5th person so plan ahead. :mickey:

DVC2004
04-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Yes 5 are allowed in any DVC 1 BR (never a studio unless one is an infant). However the BW does not have the pull out chair that BLT and AKV do. They don't have rollaway beds. They will however provide extra pillows and blankets upon request. Usually if kids are small one sleeps with parents, or yu can bring an air mattress, and some told me they use the couch cushions from the sleeper sofa to make an extra "bed." Otherwise BLT and AKV have the sleeper chair for a fifth guest.

bob6572
04-18-2010, 06:37 PM
We have stayed there before and my DD2.5 slept in the porta-brib. I was just curious if you COULD stay if you wanted too.

Thanks for all your responses. Good info to have.

LAURA.WDWLOVER
05-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Haven't stayed at Boardwalk. OKW has 2 queen beds and a queen sleeper sofa in the living room--rooms are much larger also.

Aurora
05-04-2010, 09:39 AM
We have stayed there before and my DD2.5 slept in the porta-brib. I was just curious if you COULD stay if you wanted too.

Thanks for all your responses. Good info to have.

Yes, you can. We had exactly your situation -- BWV, 1-bedroom, family of 5, three kids, one child who was 3. He slept in the king bed with mom and dad, and the other two kids (12 and 9 at the time) slept on the sleeper sofa in the living room.

If we do a 1-bedroom again, we'll bring a blow-up mattress for one of the kids, cause they're obviously bigger now.

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-08-2010, 02:02 PM
We've always done a 2-BR with 5 people, even when my daughter and niece were little because 5 people (4 of them female) trying to share 1 bathroom just wasn't a viable option for us. ;)
Not to mention that sometimes people just NEED the opportunity to get some space between themselves and the rest of the group. :thedolls:
When that happens, the extra points for the 2-BR were well worth it in my book.:cloud9:

lovin'fl
05-11-2010, 11:39 AM
We are a family of 5 and have always done a 1-BR (took my mom once and did a 2-BR then). I put my twin girls in pull-out and my DS (who is 2 years older than my girls) on a aero-bed. We did this at BWV, SSR, OKW, VWL and HHI and it always worked fine (OKW was the best-has more room). The bathrooms are 2 parts, so that worked just fine for us. WDW(DVC) will let you book, but won't provide towels or sheets for the 5th person (no biggie- just bring a towel and whatever bedding you'll need).