PDA

View Full Version : Food you wish they served at WDW.

Pop Centurion
04-17-2010, 07:07 PM
So many times while in WDW I find myself wanting things they don't serve.

For example, while at many CS restaurants I always wish they had Turkey Burgers. Sometimes while passing Casey's Corner I get in the mood for a Turkey or Chicken Hot Dog but obviously they don't have them.

So what are some of the things you all wish they had?

jillluvsdisney
04-17-2010, 07:28 PM
ICED COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank God for the McDonald's on the property.

retiredfigment
04-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Diet Dr. Pepper or any pepsi product!

ILoveLegos
04-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Delicious NY Style Pizza!!! But I'd settle for a decent slice of pizza (Chicago or California Style, too) :blush:

Tinkerfreak
04-17-2010, 08:36 PM

I think they closed the McDonalds at DTD or are about to. We always get sweet tea there. It was something DH did every trip. We can get it right here at our local McDonalds now so I think he will survive. :D

MKFD43
04-17-2010, 08:37 PM
I would love a hamburger that didnt have the consisstency of my shoe.:sick:

Twinsowner
04-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Some decent mexican food!!! Now we havent made it to Paradiso 37 yet but we plan to this trip. The rest of the world's attempts in our opinion make Taco Bell look like the Shula's steak house of Mexican!

queenmom9497
04-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Being from Wisconsin.....DEEP FRIED CHEESE CURDS!!:thumbsup:

TinkerbellsMom
04-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Real Coffee and good pizza!!!

Alaska Disney Fan
04-18-2010, 09:36 AM
I also vote for PEPSI, I'm an addict and go into pepsi withdrawls for the 10 days we are usually there. I would also vote for a decent hand crafted pizza. My second wish will hopefully come to fruition with the addition of the new pizzaria in Italy.

Jillirose
04-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Good Coffee like Starbucks!

Rekenna
04-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Some decent mexican food!!! Now we havent made it to Paradiso 37 yet but we plan to this trip. The rest of the world's attempts in our opinion make Taco Bell look like the Shula's steak house of Mexican!

Have you tried San Angel Inn in the the Mexican Pavillion in Epcot? DH and I really enjoy this dining, the food is pretty close to authentic, not overly sauced or flavored. We usuall get the steak soft tacos, very good.

Try it out if you haven't already we give it a :thumbsup:

To the OP question...

Diet Mt Dew-please!

A deli, just a regular deli, where we can make sandwiches, nothing fried

:mickey:

A&M'sMommy
04-18-2010, 01:58 PM
definitely good pizza. We did get a slice at BW that was decent this year but in the parks/resorts....:(

Pop Centurion
04-18-2010, 04:46 PM
To everyone that said pizza. Have you tried the pizza at Wolfgang Puck Express? I agree that pizza in WDW is not good at all but WGP is the exception.

hurdlertwin
04-18-2010, 09:23 PM
I hate to say this again.. but pizza haha. It doesn't seem that hard to buy some and pop them in the oven... and yea.. def pepsi!! haha

BrerGnat
04-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Breakfast foods at dinner time.

BrerGnat
04-18-2010, 10:13 PM

They have this at a lot of the coffee kiosks...as well as at Fountainview Cafe in Epcot. I could name more...just letting you know that it is available.

BrerGnat
04-18-2010, 10:14 PM

There's a Starbucks at the Swan Hotel...:secret:

goofynmd
04-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Diet Pepsi.

I deal with Coke products while in the World, but I crave my Diet Pepsi the entire time.

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Make your own sub station that is ouside of a buffet....

I agree with the "good" pizza... not the kiddie personal pizza seasoned and topped for 5 year olds.

Tapas bar, thai,

a bakery that just served different creme brulee and cheesecake... oh my achin' sweet tooth.

Organic eatery.

mickeyman42
04-19-2010, 11:22 AM
macaroni and cheese. my kids love it and I can't seem to find it on any of the kids menu's, oh and those pre-made peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches, they love those too! (obviously I'm joking, before people start to think I'm crazy)

LandFan
04-19-2010, 11:52 AM
I agree with the poster who mentioned tapas and Thai food!! That would be great!

We'd also like our frozen coke machines back at Pop:mad:

DH would love diet Mt. dew too! I would like diet root beer or birch beer myself...

Granny Jill A
04-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Coffee that is NOT Nescafe. Folgers or something Columbian, served by Antonio Banderas :D

ravsluvdisney
04-19-2010, 04:08 PM
I also vote for PEPSI, I'm an addict and go into pepsi withdrawls for the 10 days we are usually there. I would also vote for a decent hand crafted pizza. My second wish will hopefully come to fruition with the addition of the new pizzaria in Italy.

Yes and yes!! I always complain to my DW how my beverage of choice is so hard to come by. And a decent taste of any type of pizza - regular slice, sicilian, deep dish....something!!

Gator
04-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Have you tried San Angel Inn in the the Mexican Pavillion in Epcot? DH and I really enjoy this dining, the food is pretty close to authentic, not overly sauced or flavored. We usuall get the steak soft tacos, very good.
:mickey:

I'm guessing he's tried it and that's why he wants GOOD mexican food. I've tried it twice (Inn and Cantina), and both times it was terrible.

Gator
04-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Oh, forgot to add my own idea. How about Krispy Kreme donuts at all the resorts for breakfast. And bring back Beaver Tails.

MNNHFLTX
04-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Being from Wisconsin.....DEEP FRIED CHEESE CURDS!!:thumbsup:Yum :tasty:

And although this is contrary to the above statement, I wish that WDW would have more healthy food options. I think they are gradually coming around to it, but Disneyland in California still has lots more stands/restaurants with fresh fruit, salads and low-fat sandwiches (as opposed to burgers, burgers and more burgers!)

QTPie68
04-19-2010, 07:20 PM
I second the idea of more deli-type sandwiches that are tasty.........the last one I had came on this horrible dry dry bland grain bread, something wrong with a sub roll??

SingingLights
04-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Maybe with the popularity of Princess and the Frog, they will do a good Cajun food resturant, wouldn't that be great.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Although I love the pizza at Wolfgang Puck Express, I do agree there is a serious lack of good traditional pizzaria style pizza especially in the theme parks, so that's my vote too

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-20-2010, 01:51 PM
ohhhhh CAJUN/CREOLE!!!! TOTALLY!!!! :tasty:

Ropachs
04-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Diet Pepsi would be great, Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi would be heaven!

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-20-2010, 02:29 PM
If we're talking pop - I love SQUIRT!!!!! or cherry 7-up.

BrerGnat
04-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Maybe with the popularity of Princess and the Frog, they will do a good Cajun food resturant, wouldn't that be great.

There are a couple at Disneyland...unfortunately, Disney hasn't quite mastered Cajun/Creole cooking for the masses...stuff is not that good.

Disney4us2
04-20-2010, 03:36 PM
QUOTE=Jennifer_and_Chris;2043663]If we're talking pop - I love SQUIRT!!!!! or cherry 7-up.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had Squirt in ages. Now I want to go out and get some.:thumbsup:

Septbride2002
04-20-2010, 05:01 PM
I agree with everyone about the coffee. Nescafe is TERRIBLE!!!!

~Amanda

omearac
04-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Fried zuccini, vegetarian hot dogs and bring back samosas from the egg roll cart!!!! :cloud9:

badkitty
04-22-2010, 08:43 PM
macaroni and cheese. my kids love it and I can't seem to find it on any of the kids menu's, oh and those pre-made peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches, they love those too! (obviously I'm joking, before people start to think I'm crazy)

I think I remember seeing that the Village Haus in MK serves the pre-made ppjs.

mickeyman42
04-23-2010, 08:43 AM
everywhere serves the pre-made PB&J and Mac'n'cheese for the kiddies, and they..... well lets say they disapprove of both, I was only joking about availability

DadTriton
04-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Decent coffee at all the parks. Nice cold cut sandwiches. Not everybody wants a burger and a soda for lunch. (This is why we pack our own sandwiches).

elmjimmlm
04-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Breakfast at Boatwrights and scalloped potatoes at Ohana...:cool:

McLiberal8
05-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Vegetarian comfort food -

It always seems as though vegetarian dishes on the menu are lumped with health-concious. Sometimes, I don't want tons of veggies in a light dish - I want my butter and carbs, too :secret:

I also agree with the good coffee.. I know there are some at resorts, but not many places within the parks.

tundramom
05-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Decent pizza and Pepsi products. For those who crave deli sandwiches, the ones at Sunshine Seasons are pretty tasty (not good NY deli by any means, but adequate). We are looking forward to trying the pizza at Tutto, but we are going to Chicago in July and I plan to eat deep dish for breakfast, lunch and dinner while there!:cloud9:

PETE FROM NYC
05-09-2010, 05:42 PM
I wish that they had some other diet drinks too. Being diabetic, I am getting sick and tired of being force fed diet coke every place I go. Last year, DW found one place in MK that served diet Sprite Zero, but no where else.
It seems that diabetics have no choices.
I also agree about getting some decent coffee.
I also agree about the pizza, but lets face it, most pizza in this country has been made for non-italian tourists who would not know decent pizza. Florida pizza is ketchup on cardboard.

Carolanne
05-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Diet Pepsi would be great, Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi would be heaven!

OMG, this--THIS! This is probably the one reason I don't use Magical Express. I have a town car pick us up at MCO, then we'll stop at a grocery store on the way to our resort so I can stock up on Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi.

Decent coffee drinks would be nice--specifically, the reduced sugar & calorie Starbucks iced lattes. These make it a lot easier to follow my WW points :)

Sometimes I find myself wishing that some food portrions were smaller.

xo0ally
05-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Some good salads! Sometimes i want a light lunch and am not up for the other food. Or any other type of light lunch

debandbub
05-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Diet Pepsi FOR SURE! I'd also like to see some more vegan entrees. There are lots of vegetarian options, but some good vegan ones would really allow us to enjoy a nice sit-down meal.

SBETigg
05-09-2010, 07:54 PM
I would love a hamburger that didnt have the consisstency of my shoe.:sick:

There are many places with great burgers at WDW. Obviously you haven't found them. Have you only done counter service for burgers?

Try Beaches and Cream, Sci Fi Dine In (yes, they do okay with burgers), Le Cellier. I'm sure there's more. That's what comes to mind.

Kona Cafe coffee bar (Poly) or Kusafiri coffee house (AK) (they also have iced, for a previous poster.)

Decent coffee at all the parks. Nice cold cut sandwiches. Not everybody wants a burger and a soda for lunch. (This is why we pack our own sandwiches).

There is perhaps a smaller number of cold cut sandwich places (though there is Earl of Sandwich, the Plaza, Columbia Harbour House) vs burger places, but WDW offers a large variety of counter service food that is not burgers and fries. In fact, there are relatively few counter service burger places compared to other options available.

Also, there's a new pizza restaurant coming in to the Italy pavilion. I also think they're doing great with healthy choices. There are healthy options at almost every dining place (both counter and table service) but more would be great, too.

I agree with Jennifer that I would love to see a good tapas restaurant and thai food. Counter service greek food would be nice, too. Gyros, salads.

thejens
05-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Good brewed coffee should be available at every resort and should come with the travel mug beverages. There is just no excuse for that nasty Nescafe.

I would like more healthy foods available too. Especially for the quick service meals.

All in all though, I think the food at WDW is pretty fabulous.

finaldynasty
05-09-2010, 10:30 PM
I would recommend more options on the kids menu.

Hammer
05-10-2010, 12:19 AM
There are many places with great burgers at WDW. Obviously you haven't found them. Have you only done counter service for burgers?

Try Beaches and Cream, Sci Fi Dine In (yes, they do okay with burgers), Le Cellier. I'm sure there's more. That's what comes to mind.

My problem with the burgers at Beaches and Cream and Sci-Fi is that while they are better than the counter service burger, you can not get them cooked the way you want. I like my burgers cooked medium rare and at both of those restaurants we were told that the best they could do was medium well as they can't serve meat that is pink inside.

Though, when I am at the Grand Floridian Cafe in June, I'll be ordering the Grand Floridian Burger and asking for it medium rare. I'll report back with what I am told.

lighteningqueen
05-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Pepsi products pelase.... and some good mexican food. San Angel Inn is really pretty close to dog food. Not even fake authentic. Taco Bell would be heaven there compared to that place. Baked potatoe bar,good southwest chicken salad with WHITE meat.

Fastpasssteve
05-10-2010, 02:06 AM
I would give my eye teeth to get a freshly dipped and fried corn dog. I am from Iowa and at the Iowa State Fair, this is the food of my soul...with a drizzle of mustard.

Yum. Please, Disney...don't make me beg.

betteratmk
05-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Yum :tasty:

And although this is contrary to the above statement, I wish that WDW would have more healthy food options. I think they are gradually coming around to it, but Disneyland in California still has lots more stands/restaurants with fresh fruit, salads and low-fat sandwiches (as opposed to burgers, burgers and more burgers!)

Try the Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary, they have great sandwiches!

kakn7294
05-10-2010, 08:42 AM
I just want chocolate Dippin' Dots - preferably Mickey-shaped!

Tygger7
05-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Personally, I'm sick to death of the movement towards "healthier" options...I mean, for pete's sake..I'M ON VACATION! It's the only time I DON'T worry about eating "bad" stuff. :D

I wish they would put one of those hot sugar/cinnamon doughnut stands in MK or somewhere else on property besides Typhoon Lagoon. I'm seriously considering buying a ticket just to go in an get those little doughnuts.:cloud9:

SandmanGStefani24
05-12-2010, 10:50 PM
has someone said Dim Sum in China?

If so I second, and if not I first! lol///

TheVBs
05-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Another vote for good coffee here, specifically at the All Star Music resort where we usually stay. I would pay more for it. I would be happy with it even if I had to pay more and couldn't use my resort mug for it. Please, please, please!

For people looking for a good burger alternative, The Electric Umbrella in Epcot had some fantastic sandwiches and wraps last time we were there. :mickey:

SBETigg
05-13-2010, 09:40 PM
My problem with the burgers at Beaches and Cream and Sci-Fi is that while they are better than the counter service burger, you can not get them cooked the way you want. I like my burgers cooked medium rare and at both of those restaurants we were told that the best they could do was medium well as they can't serve meat that is pink inside.

Though, when I am at the Grand Floridian Cafe in June, I'll be ordering the Grand Floridian Burger and asking for it medium rare. I'll report back with what I am told.

No one will serve medium rare burgers around here either. They're becoming hard to get due to e coli concerns, unfortunately. I like them pink, too.

thejens
05-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Okay, I admit it, I would pay more for good coffee too. If additional profit motive is what it takes to be heard...

McLiberal8
05-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Walking into the POP lobby, in the morning...

'Roast and POP Beanery' - I can see it now.

Lattes, iced coffee, and mochas, oh my! :blush:

I would TOTALLY pay extra for a good cappuccino, early in the AM..

Goofy Texan
05-14-2010, 03:14 PM
By the end of a week of eating counter service, I'd love to just eat a meal on a real plate and with a real fork. We normally schedule our 1 or 2 only table service meal for the very end of the week for this reason.

How about a few semi-quick service dining options? You order your food at the counter, get a beeper or number then find a place to sit. When your food is ready, you go pick it up at the window. And yes they use REAL plates and utensils. When you're done eating, someone comes by and clears the table. The food would cost a little more, but I wouldn't care! The Quick Service Dining plan could include these restaurants as 2 credit meals.

DNS
05-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Boca burgers instead of those nasty veggie burgers they use.

And another vote for good pizza.

Also, I love Cheesecake Factory and would love to see one added at least to Downtown Disney, outside of Disney Quest.

queenmom9497
05-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Deep Fried, Beer Battered CHEESE CURDS!!! You can get a "sort of" cheese curd from Liberty Tree Tavern. We are from Wisconsin and this is the item we miss the most from home while at the World, it is a dietary staple in Wisconsin!:thumbsup:

scooterca42
05-15-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't believe no one has said yet "Tim Hortons"! In Canada, if nowhere else on the property! Gimme a large double double and a maple dip!

Disney Yankee
05-15-2010, 10:09 PM
WDW definitely needs BETTER COFFEE!!! I'm a Dunkin Donuts fan, so how great would that be at WDW?!!!:cool:

disneyfanfromoz
05-22-2010, 11:24 PM
The loaded potato soup from Carnation Cafe at Disneyland.

TiggeRia
05-23-2010, 01:25 PM
I haven't been able to find pork roll or pierogies...two of my favorites!!!

MKFD43
05-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Real Coffee and good pizza!!!

GOOD PIZZA TOTALY..there is not 1 place on property (or central florida)

c&d
05-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Another vote for Pepsi.

EpcotFan182
05-26-2010, 01:10 AM
Being born and bred in NYC - I'm going to have to join the chorus of people saying pizza! :thumbsup:

EpcotChic23
05-26-2010, 09:46 AM
I agree with Starbucks, I know it is in the dolphine resort but if you don't have a car it is out of the way.

mom2mickeyfan
05-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Baked potato bar

I love love love this idea!! I would have this for lunch everyday while at WDW!

I just want chocolate Dippin' Dots - preferably Mickey-shaped!

I love those little things too. And how cute would they be shaped like Mickey. No way I could pass those by!

I would recommend more options on the kids menu.

I so agree with this. My DS doesn't like mac -n- cheese and since we mostly eat CS I get tired of him eating PB&J's and chicken. We have found some places with a couple of other things and sometimes I just have to share with him.

AirlineGuy07
05-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Being from PA I'd like Ham Pot Pie, Ham Loaf, Ox Roast Sandwich, or a Gob for dessert!!