PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Kingdom tour

tpljmom
04-17-2010, 03:58 PM
I have been hearing about the Keys to the
Kingdom tour. It sounds very interesting. I would like to know if it is doable with a scooter. I am able to transfer off the scooter for short walks, but cannot handle all the walking this 4 hour tour entails. Would appreciate any info anyone can give!

faline
04-17-2010, 04:20 PM
It's been several years since we've done it. As I recall, most of the walking is out of doors. We did ride a couple of rides during the tour. I'm not sure if the scooter would make it backstage. I recall that we went into a couple of transition areas that were a very tight fit as we made our way to backstage areas. Additionally, lunch was served on the second floor of Columbia Harbor House - not sure if they have an elevator here.

You could certainly call and ask about your participation in the tour while using a scooter.

retiredfigment
04-17-2010, 05:54 PM
We went on the Backstage all day tour. The cast members could not of been more helpful to those on the tour needing assistance. To be sure, I would call guest services and check with them.

RockinRobin
04-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Yes it is and it is a great tour. Four weeks after I had a knee replacement we did this tour and I used an ECV. Very little walking and when you have lunch at the Columbia House they have an elevator to take you to the 2nd floor where you eat. It is very much worth it>

WishesFan13
04-17-2010, 09:14 PM
RockinRobin is right. DH and I did the tour 2 years ago and we had a lady who was in a wheelchair and couldn't get out and walk at all. Everything was fine as far as her getting around to all the areas. I don't know exactly where the elevator is but i know that's how she got upstairs at Columbia House. Unless it's changed we did HM, but you won't have much walking. You go in the exit and park the scooter right there just like you were riding it without the tour. The tour was good, a lot is info that you may already know if you're a big disney fan (which you probably are since you're on here), but it's still good and worth it.

TiggeRia
04-17-2010, 10:44 PM
I did the tour last year with my dad on an ECV, and there was no problem whatsoever. They were extremely accommodating.

hurdlertwin
04-18-2010, 09:12 PM
you should def do it! Our group of about 15 did it and we learned so much about the MK. Our tour guide was amazing as well.