PDA

View Full Version : May ADR showdown--help!

Carolanne
04-17-2010, 03:38 PM
I have my May ADR's, but now I'm thinking that instead of going with our usuals, it might be time to shake things up a bit & go to places we normally don't go. So, your opinions please :mickey:

Some background: it's just me & mom on this trip. We are on the DDP.

Coral Reef vs. Tokyo Dining: Aside from Le Cellier (which I can't get into), Coral Reef is my go-to Epcot restaurant, but now I'm thinking I want to give Japanese a go. I'd prefer no dinner theatrics, which brings me to Tokyo Dining (I've read good things on here about TD). Between Coral Reef & Tokyo Dining, which would you pick?

Kona Cafe vs. Brown Derby: Kona is another go-to restaurant for us & we always hit this place once a trip, but again I'm thinking it's time for a change. We've never been to the Brown Derby & I've wanted to go there for YEARS (I don't know why...I love old Hollywood, I guess lol). The Brown Derby, the grouper & the entire dessert menu have caught my eye, but...I'm hesitant about using 2 TS credits on a restaurant I've never been to before. I know that Kona & Brown Derby are 2 entirely different restaurants, but...which would you pick?

Our trip is 3 nights/4 days. Our last night we're eating at the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs. This is another go-to place, but it's steeped in tradition, lol--after dinner we walk over to Downtown Disney for some shopping, so...this one's a keeper :D

Pirate Granny
04-17-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm not gun-ho on Japanese food, have eaten there once, a long time ago...Why not try the French or Italian places...for a change of pace. As for Kona and Brown Derby...I like both...only done Brown Derby for the Fantasmic package...and since you are only three nights...BD will 'cause you to pay out of pocket for one of your other meals...Have you tried the 50's Diner...good food and only 1 DD credit. Whatever you choose it will be special 'cause your there with mom...enjoy.
:pirate:

cinderellagrl
04-17-2010, 06:43 PM
I would choose Coral Reef! The chocolate wave alone (and the atmosphere) is enough for me dine here (even if the service is sometimes lacking)

We tried Brown Derby for the first time in January and LOVED IT! We had excellent service, the best we have ever had in disney, and that includes Cali Grill, Citricos, Artist Point, and Narcoossees. Everyone in my family had the filet (as recommended by our server), followed by the Grapefruit cake. The filet was to die for, while some liked the cake more than others! Give it a try!

VWL Mom
04-18-2010, 08:06 AM
If you like sushi Toyko Dining is wonderful. I would go OOP and get a few different plates to share. That would leave you with the extra credit to try Brown Derby. We ate there for the first time in November and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Carolanne
04-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks everyone :mickey: !

Pop Centurion
04-18-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm one of those people who doesn't like to break tradition but each year we make it a point to try a couple new places.
I think it's important otherwise you will never know what you're missing (or not)

Of all the restaurants you mention I've only tried the Coral Reef in 06'. As said the chocolate wave & atmosphere are excellent but that wasn't enough to warrant another visit from us.