PDA

View Full Version : Changing Resorts after making Reservations...

forever a child
04-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Just curious how many of you have done this. I have to admit that it is hard to decide which resort to choose? Should I try something new and different or should we stay with what we have done before if we like it? These are the questions I always struggle with on making a decision for resorts (and TS Dinning too).

Well, first DD wanted to try Caribbean Beach Resort...but when It came time to book I just feel like it was NOT what I wanted...She wanted to be adventurous and try something new...I wanted to feel "home" again so I got the final pick of POR.

Well the bad news is that just over a month before leaving for our vacation...I have lost my job. :cry: So now I am trying to save $ and until I find another one. There are a lot of positions out there that so I am hopeful, but I am trying to be realistic too. So I made the decision to downgrade from our moderate at POR:( and go to a value at ASMo.

I must admit that when I called WDW it was easy! I thought I would have to put a new deposit down on the room and wait for the refund and then pay for my Room Only Ressie all over again. But they were able to transfer my payment from POR to ASMo. I could have received a refund for the difference or a credit. I choose the credit so we will have the extra $ that I was hoping to save for our trip when we arrive. But while I was making the change to ASMo the thought occurred to me like before...maybe we should be trying something NEW:confused: maybe we should have gone to POP or ASSp since we have never been and just start going to a new resort each time. AGH! I hate having to decide!:blush:

No real questions...but I welcome your input into my thoughts/dilemma. The good news is that we are still going ...the bad news is NOT soon enough! LOL:mickey:

Rekenna
04-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi! I'm so sorry to hear about your job-I hope something works out on that end very soon.

As far as resorts-I know what you mean it's always hard to decide. Try to think of it like this-you will go again, again, again....If you don't like something new, so what-don't go there again, but what if you end up really loving it? I say go for it, try one of the other Values, we have tried all but Music. And I plan on going there at least once in my lifetime-I have a goal to stay at every resort eventually. You may love Pop and want to make that your home resort, or you may love the sports themeing at ASSports. Life's too short, try something new!

Have fun!:mickey:

gerald72
04-17-2010, 10:43 AM
I must say I prefer to try a different resort each time.
But my favorite part of your post was your 3-letter abbreviation for All Star Sports.

forever a child
04-17-2010, 11:02 AM
But my favorite part of your post was your 3-letter abbreviation for All Star Sports.
:jaw: Opps! :blush:

forever a child
04-17-2010, 11:04 AM

I fixed it, LOL :blush:

Amy_617
04-17-2010, 12:30 PM
I would try someplace new too. We have stayed at ASMov, Pop, and ASMus.....and we like Pop the best. ASMus is our 2nd fav. I don't think you will be dissappointed with any of them. I say try something new! :thumbsup:

Have Fun! :mickey:

forever a child
04-21-2010, 10:02 AM
OK, DD and I have decided to be "adventurous" and try a new resort each stay. Soooo, we have switched to POP. The one place I thought I would never stay at while at WDW. But hopefully we will enjoy it. I have requested the 50's Building 3 facing the Lake.

LorrieP
04-21-2010, 10:38 AM
We stayed in the 50's building facing the lake last year and loved it. It was very quiet and there were lots of bunnies and ducks!!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

KylesMom
04-21-2010, 10:56 AM
First off, I'm sorry that you lost your job. I hope things turn around quickly.

I think it was a smart move for you to downgrade to a lesser cost hotel, and why not go for a new experience in the process? Good for you! :party:

MushuGrl
04-21-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm so sorry about your job - prayers and pixie dust for a new, more awesome one!

We had this discussion when we went in January - we love Pop. We heart Pop to the most. But the 4/3 deal offered us a chance to stay at a mod for only about $100 more. I think we drove poor Melissa at MJ batty but finally settled for CSR and LOVED it.

But next time..back to Pop.

My vote it try something new. That will give you something else to look forward to as well as the "familiar magic" you'll experience!

Pirate Granny
04-21-2010, 08:44 PM
You will LOVE the Pop...and it's my plan to try all the hotels...only a few more to go...then I have to start in on the DVC's which will be a bit more pricey...I'm looking for a reason to try the Tree Houses...hummmmmmmmmmm
:pirate:

Mousemates
04-22-2010, 01:03 PM
sorry about your employment situation, hope things pick up for you soon....as for the resort switch, honestly to me there is not that much difference in terms of amenities between a stay at the POP or a stay at POR (other than boat access to DD and greenery around the quiet pool). In fact, we actually enjoy the iconic theming at POP much more than the kind of generic florida feel that goes with the alligator bayou section of POR. Bet you have a great time and enjoy yourself even more knowing how much you saved on accommodations.

eeyorepoohfan
04-22-2010, 01:36 PM
I loved the POP! We stayed there for the first time in December. We stayed in the 50s section, building 2, partial view of the lake! It was very quiet back there! I am all in favor of trying something new and working within your budget. I would have loved to have been able to try a Moderate or Deluxe, but our funds only allowed for a Value. We were very happy with our decision, and the money we saved payed for our food and snacks at WDW! We went into our trip with the mindset that we were going to have a fantastic time, and we did! I'm sure you will have a great time.

Sending prayers and pixidust your way on finding a new job quickly! :pixie:

forever a child
04-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Thank you all for the prayers and pixie dust and for making me happier with our new resort choice. I guess from this time out...every resort will be a "new experience" unless I live long enough to repeat resorts! :tink: