PDA

View Full Version : If you could work for Disney ....

FriendsofMickey
04-16-2010, 02:51 PM
If you could work for Disney, which job would you choose?

I was just thinking how great it could be to work for Disney. I am not sure what I would want to be... I suppose I could do something in their IS department (programmer - carreer choise); however, I think I would rather be a CM that could get to make someones vacation a dream come true. Such as the one who picks the family of the day. That would be so great!

LandFan
04-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Hmmm... maybe a person in Guest Relations in a park - preferably MK or EPCOT. They seem to always be able to make peoples' day! (Giving buttons, getting people ressies, etc). You would get the park atmosphere daily too.

vicster
04-16-2010, 03:37 PM
I would want to be Tinkerbell and fly down from the castle!

SallyMcQueen
04-16-2010, 04:04 PM
I'd like to work as one of the coordinators for large events or a wedding coordinator.

DisneyOtaku
04-16-2010, 04:29 PM
I would looooooooove to work at the Poly. Front desk, Kona Cafe, where ever....I would work it. The idea of getting to walk around the grounds after work and listen to the music seems soooo nice. :thumbsup:

vicster
04-16-2010, 04:37 PM
I would looooooooove to work at the Poly. Front desk, Kona Cafe, where ever....I would work it. The idea of getting to walk around the grounds after work and listen to the music seems soooo nice. :thumbsup:

Now I'm starting to hate my job...that sounds so much better.

cer
04-16-2010, 04:43 PM
This is a good question and one that we tossed around on our last trip.

I think I'd like to be in a parade. One of the walking/dancing people. But, I would more likely be better suited to be a personal tour guide or a group guide or Keys to the Kingdom guide... Oh! The Segway tour would be fun, too!

I know some people may come along and say they would like to work Haunted Mansion or Pirates, but I could not stand to be in the dark all that time. Give me some sunshine!

kakn7294
04-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Hmmm, I've debated this with DH before and I have to say that I'm not sure. Realistically, I'm an RN so my best option would be to put that to use in First Aid. However, if I were to step away from that, I think I'd want to maybe work retail in one of the parks. I worked retail to put myself through college and I liked it. Otherwise, I think I might like to be a character - possibly even a villian.

danicafan
04-16-2010, 05:02 PM
I worked in tickets back in 1990 on the Fall WDWCP and loved it, I sometimes sold tickets at the TTC and sometimes stamped the date on tickets at the MK Turnstiles. Just seeing everyone all excited to go into the MK everday was so much fun. I would love to go back and do that again or maybe be in Guest Relations at the MK, however, I'm not a big fan of their costume they have to wear!

Dznygrl79
04-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Hmm great question! I would love to work at the writers stop at DHS if I couldn't do that I would like to sell ice cream! I know its not physically possible because of my back but I think it would be a great job.

Also since I am dreaming I would love to be the Fairy Godmother!

sassafras
04-16-2010, 06:44 PM
I would like to be at the Check in desk or gift shop of one of the resorts. I'd be more likely to be the one at the end of the ride, telling folks to "take small children by the hand....":woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Goofyjrzgrl
04-16-2010, 06:59 PM
I always wanted to work The Great Movie Ride and Jungle Cruise! I know both rides are on the cheesey side... But I always wanted to work there even as a kid...

Pirate Granny
04-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Wedding coordinator or front desk in one of the deluxe hotels...perhaps in the office...I wouldn't want to be in the Parks...that's for having fun...not for work.
:pirate:

GenieOfPA
04-16-2010, 07:12 PM
honestly, anywhere... EXCEPT its a small world... i dont think i could listen to that song on repeat for an entire day haha

Alaska Disney Fan
04-16-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm a store manager for a major nationwide retailer, my plan is to retire at 57 and go run any one of the stores at Disneyworld, doesn't matter which one as long as I get to enjoy the parks and guests on a daily basis.

joanna71985
04-16-2010, 10:07 PM
I currently work at Disney, and absolutely love my roles (I'm a seasonal character attendant, and currently work at the Great Movie- going fulltime in May!). I couldn't ask for a better place to work

Missy_Mouses_Dad
04-16-2010, 10:32 PM
As boring as this may sound, I would love to work in corporate headquarters, accounting. I streamline processes by trade, tax/systems analyst by education. It would be so much fun to learn the financials of Disney. Plus I could fish all year from a boat, not on hard water for three months out of the year!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-16-2010, 10:55 PM
I used to tell my former boss that he'd miss me when I was gone and I was running WDW's payroll dept! That way I wouldn't be jaded and working IN the parks. They'd still be fresh and exciting. If I've got to do payroll, I'd like to do it somewhere fun.

AHOTE
04-16-2010, 10:56 PM
That's easy :D CEO

DisneyDog
04-19-2010, 11:45 AM
I've always wanted to work at the Walt Disney World Library & Research Center. To me, that would just be way too amazing.

kemps@wdw
05-02-2010, 09:21 PM
My 3 fave things (other than my baby girl), are WDW, talking, and driving! So, it only stands to reason, that I should work in transportation. Preferrably on a bus :bus: or boat. :sail: That way I could be @ WDW driving and sharing my love for the World :cloud9: with people from all over the world!

mouseketeer mom
05-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Back during the dream squad days, that would be perfect for me. Granting dreams...
I'd love to work in the Hawaii bldg at the Polynesian. Making magic for the guests of club level at the Poly. The view from those big windows every day too!!! I just LOVE the vibe in there. I covet those jobs.

DisneyLuver91
05-03-2010, 12:21 AM
I could definitely work at Journey Into Your Imagination. I know, the ride is kinda lousy now, but I could TOTALLY bring back the nostalgia!

Either that, or drive a bus. :mickey: I'm super chatty.

ashburysgr
05-03-2010, 05:36 AM
I really don't know, but I could do two things. I went to college for Park Management, so I would like to work the grounds for AK, helping to plan and make it look nice. Or now since I have kids of my own and see the joy my son gets seeing characters at ouw of our local parks, being the 'handler' of the costume characters (i.e, mickey, stitch, goofy) and taking picture of the happy moments!

brownie
05-03-2010, 07:30 AM
Parking lot tram driver or a monorail pilot. I would want to work where I could interact with guests.

grumpyguy
05-05-2010, 11:51 AM
sound engineer for one of the live shows,like batb or indiana jones.that would be very cool!!!:thumbsup:

rjmdds
05-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Mayor of Main Street!

jenny1976
05-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Making things accessible for the disabled. Thinking of strategies and ways to that would be cool. :cloud9:

Wadeace
05-05-2010, 01:52 PM
it has always been my dream to work for disney in their production teams. now i'm at school in orlando learning the craft. i graduate in three months and am planning to apply with dcl. we will see how that goes.

Soph and Han's Mom
05-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Mayor of Main Street!

me too!! got to meet him last year...what a fun job that would be!

tinklover
05-05-2010, 06:44 PM
I would LOVE to be a citizen of Hollywood at DHS working right along side the great Dorma Nesmond. we love her and she actually remembered us when we went last year. It had been 16 months since the last trip and she remembered my 2 DDs. Can't wait to see her again this October. :cloud9::number1:

Bellelover
05-05-2010, 06:51 PM
If I worked at Disney I wouuld be a character like belle...or i would like to be in a parade!:mickey:

our happy place
05-05-2010, 08:37 PM
I would love to drive one of the boats around Bay Lake all day !!!

IloveDisney71
05-05-2010, 08:54 PM
My brother and I always joke that when we retire we are going to "grow up" and go work for Disney. Since I can retire from my job at 50, I could really do this. :thumbsup: I'm not sure what I'd want to do. I would want to have some sort of job where I could help spread the Disney magic but I'm not sure exactly what I'd want to do. I think I'd want to work in the Magic Kingdom on one of the rides but I might enjoy working in one of the shops on Main Street too. :D

Frog
05-06-2010, 03:38 PM
what could an old hs history teacher/coach do??

MMFreak
05-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Customer relations/Customer service is one of the hardest jobs in the world (even in the happiest place on earth).

You may have been to Disney many times and always had a wonderful time but not everyone does and a lot of the CR/CS get a big heap of undeserved rage dumped on them.

I work with an elderly gentleman that worked for Disney for many many years and although he loved working there he said that it is a very tough gig. He said people have spit on him, threw beverages at him, screamed and yelled and a littany of other things.

So I suppose if I was given the choice of any job available it would have to be something behind the scenes :mickey:

jennbunn
05-06-2010, 09:08 PM
i would like to work in sales. i would love to help get group reservations ready and organize meeting and banquet halls. i love planning and decorating for an event.

Wishmaker
05-07-2010, 07:36 AM
I get asked this question alot where I work. Everyone knows what a Dinsey Nut I am. My first initial response is always the Candy Store in Magic Kingdom. If given the opportunity... I would do anything they asked. Being able to work for a company like Disney and be able to take my family as often i can that would be a dream.
Anything we choose would definately come with some cons to the pros but with the love we all have; none of us would care. Hey! We should all just load up and do it now. :mickey:

I Wish...:cloud9: Leaving in 24 1/2 hours for my trip to the world. I am so excited.

magicalmom
05-07-2010, 09:27 PM
After lo, these many years in theater, I'd love to be the Fairy Godmother in shows or parades. Failing that, tour guide or Guest relations. DH would like to drive the Monorail. So far, these are our best retirement plans.

disneykid@hrt
05-08-2010, 11:09 PM
On my last trip at clossing I saw people pushing what looked like giant vacuum cleaners around the streets of MK. I hate vacuuming at home but I swear I would vacuum EVERY LAST INCH of the Magic Kingdom.

Photopass would be fun. I could take pictures of the castle all day! AND NIGHT!!

Also, I like to sit around the resort and watch the families that are just arriving. They are lugging around tons of heavy luggage... perfectly packed if they're anything like me :)... and you can feel their excitement for the week ahead. At the end of my vacation it makes me kinda sad. Like: "That was just us and now we have to go." So maybe checking people in.

ALSO, I like the people that stand up and down Main Street with the Mickey hands on. Waving, saying "Hello, Princess!!" Or that stand by the fountain at Epcot on the backside of the ball waving good night after Illuminations.

I would work anywhere... I'd work at the Hess station! It is seriously a DREAM of mine. Great question!

Scorpiosammy
05-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Id love to work in the Haunted Mansion or Pirates :party: I fancy anything pirate or macabre related, so I think that would be perfect for me.. I could really get into character and hopefully give someone a smile or giggle :mickey:

ibrowse17
05-09-2010, 04:30 PM
I would love to drive the boats between FW, the WL and the MK. That would be so cool:thumbsup:

McLiberal8
05-09-2010, 04:44 PM
As I have been in customer service my whole life, I think I would be great in guest relations.

I am also thinking of going to culinary school to be a pastry chef, so I would love to do this as well. Sunshine Seasons desserts always look so amazing - I would love to make those everyday!!

DVC2004
05-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Been there, done that. No comment.:mickey: