PDA

View Full Version : Things I'd rather be doing right now...

WVParkfan
04-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Things I’d rather be doing right now…

1) I don’t like Nescafe’ coffee, but I’d rather be chugging a mug of it right now on a bus to Epcot, than to be sitting in my office.

2) I don’t like waiting in lines, but I’d rather be in a 60 minute queue for Space Mountain than to be sitting in a meeting at work.

3) I don’t care much for the Jungle Cruise, but I’d rather hear corny jokes on the boat than to be working on a report for my boss.

4) I don’t like Disney Pizza, but I’d rather be chomping down on a slice from Pizzafari while in line for Kilimanjaro Safari, than dreading the lunch meeting with a client today.

5) I don’t really like standing up while riding a Disney bus, but I’d rather be standing on a bus, anticipating the fun we’re going to have at DHS in a few minutes, than to be stuck in rush hour traffic on the way home tonight.

Oh, I’d just rather be at Disney World. How about you?

wdwluv
04-16-2010, 08:57 AM
TOO TRUE! TOO TRUE!

And such a perfect quote I stole from someone....

A bad day at Disney is better than a good day anywhere else!

c&d
04-16-2010, 09:16 AM
I don't like the Inspector General audit we're going thru right now, but I'm on a plane in 5 hrs. to Disney. It doesn't get any better than that. :woohoo:

vicster
04-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Ditto! I sat in the most boring meeting yesterday I'm surprised I stayed awake - it was touch and go for a while. Too bad I'm not going to Disney until September.

disneymom15
04-16-2010, 09:42 AM
I don't like the Inspector General audit we're going thru right now, but I'm on a plane in 5 hrs. to Disney. It doesn't get any better than that. :woohoo:

Sure, rub it in. Just kidding, hope you have a great trip.

Jeniflower
04-16-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm a little scared of 'Its a small world' but I'd rather be sitting on the boat there, than being stuck in the office on a sunny Friday (a rarity in Scotland) looking at rent accounts

cer
04-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Not a fan of having to get there early in order to get a good spot to watch the fireworks or parades, but would rather do that than be away from the magic...

cer
04-16-2010, 10:08 AM

No kidding! Have a great trip!

Dragongirlx
04-16-2010, 10:12 AM
I hate the 10 hour flight to florida from here but I would rather be on it then have to deal with my stupid boss on a friday afternoon.

EeyoresBestFriend
04-16-2010, 10:38 AM
I would give just about anything right now to be complaining about how sore my legs are, how the heat is getting to me and waiting for that the bus to the resort that never seems to come . . . .

Instead I'm stuck in the Twilight Zone at work ~ and it isn't NEARLY as fun as the one in DHS!! :D

mjm12000
04-16-2010, 11:01 AM
I would rather be hit in the back of the ankles by strollers and scooters while waiting for the parade then be sitting at my desk working at a job I hate

plutosnana
04-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Rather be in our car trip to FL for 2 days than clean up dog poop!

Granny Jill A
04-16-2010, 01:42 PM
I would rather be hit in the back of the ankles by strollers and scooters while waiting for the parade then be sitting at my desk working at a job I hate

:ditto:

Although I am grateful to have a job, it's wearing me down, like water on a rock.

ransam
04-16-2010, 02:03 PM
it's 1 30pm here, so it be 2 30pm in Orlando. What would i be doing at disneyworld right now?
well assuming i went to the MK. I would have woken up and gone to eat breakfast at the crystal palace. then headed to my left. would have already been on the Jungle ride, and Tiki. More than likely Pirates. Maybe squeezed in haunted Mansion. Id have had lunch at Columbia Harbor....mmm fish and chips. i'd have gotten on splash mountain because i had a fast pass....thunder mountain can wait for later cause i need to head back to get ready for teh 3pm parade....so i would have caught the Country Bear Jamoboree, and coming out of it, and sitting there eating some ice cream waiting for the parade.

Ksmith75
04-16-2010, 02:07 PM
I agree. We leave in 8 days and how I wish it was this Sunday.

I would rather be in line waiting for an hour in WDW then here in my office - separated by the very few days we get of sunshine here in Pittsburgh by my wall and window.

I am basically thinking full time about WDW no - hence why I checked intercot on a break....:mickey:

LandFan
04-16-2010, 02:38 PM

Be careful what you ask for :D my mom was hit in the back of the ankle (hard!) with a stroller on her last visit last summer and she now has a chronically inflamed achilles and can't wear shoes with backs on them:( No joke!

Anyway, I really dislike a vast majority of the TS in DHS, but I'd rather be sitting down to a late lunch at any one of them right now than dealing with spring fever-senioritis kids here at school on a Friday!

LandFan
04-16-2010, 02:41 PM
OH, one more...

DH and I really love frozen cokes, but we'd rather be at POP bemoaning the fact that they have removed the hallowed frozen coke machines than here with the crazy kids!

mom2Z&A
04-16-2010, 04:37 PM
don't take this the wrong way but ... :blush:

I'd rather be waiting in line for the Dumbo ride with my family than sitting here typing what I'd rather be doing at the World right now :mickey:

8 more days and I'll be back at WDW :cloud9:

Darbylew
04-16-2010, 05:45 PM
I agree! I would rather be at WDW more than
anything else!!!!!:mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY! :D Is it May yet? :confused:

EllieMae
04-16-2010, 10:07 PM
I would rather be sitting at the Rose and Crowne drinking a :beer: than sitting at home drinking a glass of wine :mickey:

divinedi
04-17-2010, 11:19 AM
I'd rather be waiting in line for the ladies washroom anywhere in Disney......than waiting for my daughter to get home from her job interview :thumbsup:so we can get the truck and go to her apt. and move her home - she's done school! Moving is such fun :thedolls:

finaldynasty
04-17-2010, 11:40 AM
I'd rather be in a 2 hour line at Toy Story Mania or Soarin...then having to wait 3 more months to feel the warmth of a CM saying "Welcome Home!!!!"

:mickey:

God, I miss Mickey! :(

LudwigVonDrake
04-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Right now I wish I was riding Space Mountain, standing in the stretching room at the HM or listening to "Dead Men tell no tales..." Sigh...80 days to go!

Giggy
04-17-2010, 09:06 PM
To get to WDW I have a 9-10 hour flight across the Atlantic. The novelty of flying has usually completely worn off by 2 of them when I realise that there's another 7 or 8 to go of sitting there. I would rather be spending hours doing this than spending hours on the essay I need to hand in for university in a bit over 2 weeks. And don't get me started on the presentation I have to give the same day which I haven't even started research for yet...

Similarly, for someone who loves holidays to Florida I don't do very well with heat. It is worth it to be there but I keep ducking for shade/AC if I'm outside too long. I would rather be sweating in a queue in WDW than sweating over the exams I have a few weeks after the essay and presentation.

We are going in late August/early Septemer. I guess on the plus side it is an incentive to work towards with this work I need to get done. :mickey:

MushuGrl
04-18-2010, 06:43 PM
I would much rather be standing in a pouring-down rain shower at Magic Kingdom than the sunshine in Tennessee!

BigThunderFan
04-19-2010, 06:09 PM
I would rather be sweating in 90% humidity in the queue for Big Thunder (hottest in my opinion) than sitting at work answering questions for auditors.

Auditors are the ones who run onto the battle field after the war and bayonet the survivors.

Apologies if anyone on here is an auditor.

And we have no plans for a trip in the immediate future. :(

eeyorepoohfan
04-19-2010, 07:20 PM
I would rather be anywhere at WDW than not at WDW!!!!! I would rather be at the parks with all the attractions closed than not be able to go to the parks at all! I just love being there!!! :mickey:

Gator
04-19-2010, 09:41 PM
I'd rather be listening to my wife yell at me at Epcot than hear her nag at home :D I'm guessing I'll be hearing stuff about this one.

TikiLounger
04-20-2010, 08:36 AM
I'd rather be stuck in the Fast Pass line of Space Mountain behind an entire tour group of teenagers from another country...all wearing the same color shirt...than sitting here and procrastinating over what chores I have to do today.

Daisy'sMom
04-20-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm only 60 miles away from Disney and I have at least one "Disney Day" a week. It is worse this week, my sister and her family live in Maine and are vacationing at Disney this week. We can't get over and I am miserable. To make matters worse, we are not going until May 8th. Boo Hoo!:mickey:

finaldynasty
06-03-2010, 10:41 PM
As I revisit this thread, I'd rather be sitting at the Coral Reef or Yak and Yeti taking in a meal or being that guy on the laugh floor then getting ready for work tomorrow!

lioness8978
06-04-2010, 09:34 AM
I would rather be standing in front of the castle watching a stage show in August with the sun boring a whole in my head than be at work.

I cannot wait to get an ice cream cone from the parlor... ask for 2 scoops, get 1 free :cloud9:

Snickerdoodle
06-04-2010, 09:37 AM
I would rather be anywhere at WDW than not at WDW!!!!! I would rather be at the parks with all the attractions closed than not be able to go to the parks at all! I just love being there!!! :mickey:

I agree :thumbsup:

vicster
06-04-2010, 09:37 AM
I'd rather be standing in any line at WDW for an hour than be at work today.

johnO
06-04-2010, 11:04 AM
I'd wait in any hot humid line at WDW rather than chase after crack dealers tonight.....

vicster
06-04-2010, 11:06 AM
I'd wait in any hot humid line at WDW rather than chase after crack dealers tonight.....

Go get them!!!

finaldynasty
06-05-2010, 07:34 AM

Thank you for serving and protecting!

crltkcagle
06-05-2010, 09:21 AM
:thumbsup: AWESOME POST!

johnO
06-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Thank you for serving and protecting!

Glad to do it!

DisneyFr33k
06-08-2010, 11:27 AM
I'd rather be waiting in line dealing with security at our hometown airport for our flight down to the World, than deal with all the end of grade testing our schools here require.

Disney Day Dreamer
06-08-2010, 12:40 PM
I'd rather read every single DVC promo or pamphlet than be doing summer reading for AP Lit.

I'd rather be getting a monorail co-pilot liscense than working towards my full driver's liscense.

I'd rather be in a Disney food court where it's so loud I can't hear the music than sitting at my computer listening to perfect quality audio from Sorcerer Radio on Live365.

I'd rather be standing in stifling hot queue for an hour for a ninety second ride (Dumbo anyone? :D) than be dealing with our air conditioners which keep breaking.

I'd rather be attempting to figure out the Disney road system than getting ready to drive to the mall.

kemps@wdw
06-13-2010, 12:43 AM
The things I hate the most...heat (it had to be 100 out today), and disrespectful people. But in the World, It just doesn't seem to bother me as much...go figure! :crazy:

DisneyorBust
06-13-2010, 05:26 AM
Well, it's 5:24 in the morning......
I'd rather be getting ready to get to the airport for an early flight to WDW than getting ready to leave for work.

slegrant
06-13-2010, 09:12 AM
I would rather be eating breakfast in Kona Cafe having Tonga toast then sitting at home drinking coffee:mickey:

Thank goodness we are leaving soon for our trip to WDW!

AdventurerKim
06-13-2010, 12:12 PM
I'd rather be anywhere in WDW right now! I would have rather have been in MK sweating in the heat earlier than at Lowe's buying garden supplies.

I'd rather have lunch today at Harbor House, Les Chefs de France, or Mama Melrose's! :mickey:

Gator
06-13-2010, 12:21 PM
I'd rather be leaving the house at 3am to get to the Sacramento airport for an all-dayer with Continental, than be getting up at 4am to get on a plane to corporate headquaters.

I'd rather be at a Disney resort full of cheerleaders rather than listen to the empty encouragements of my consultants all week long.

bringbackhorizons
06-13-2010, 12:46 PM
I'd rather be wondering where to eat tonight than what to cook tonight.

I'd rather slather my kids in suncream and let them run around in the sunshine than tell them they can't play out in the garden today because it's too cold and raining.

Oh, I really wish I was in MK right now.

johnfunkwriter
06-13-2010, 08:53 PM
i'd rather be getting soaked on the kali river rapids than sitting in my kids' mr. turtle pool lol

finaldynasty
06-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Laying down in my resort bed...listening to the disney resort channel that annoys my DW!!

:mickey: