PDA

View Full Version : ESPN and Brewing Co??

nicjohn3
04-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Hello-I noticed that you can not make ddr's for ESPN and Brewing Co at the Boardwalk--Am I correct??

If so, how are the wait times??? (JUNE) ??

So use to making DDRs that I am worried about not having them and having to wait hours for a table. Thanks

faline
04-16-2010, 08:32 AM
Niether of these locations will accept reservations. ESPN can be tricky. If there's any sort of major sporting event happening when you want to be there, the wait can be lengthy and the line can extend well out the door. Weve opted to eat at different locations when we've encountered this.

Big River is usually not a problem. We ate there last year and just walked right in.

mook3y
04-16-2010, 08:43 AM
If you arrive a little early, the nice thing, even if there is quite a wait at ESPN zone, there is the Boardwalk has a lot of entertainment to watch.

Bri798
04-16-2010, 12:44 PM
I have made a reservation for Big River in previous trips, however, Disney does not do the reservations for that restaurant, you have to call the restaurant directly to set it up. This may have changed since I have not eaten there since 2008.

WDWgal
04-17-2010, 08:05 AM
With either, to make sure you don't wait you can always go just before or after the main meal times.
We usually have no issues at BRG. Although the last time we tried getting in was during a tapping. I have the Passport membership, which allows front of the line. After an hour of waiting on a table, and still not being seated, we left and ate in World Showcase.
That was not our usual experience at BRG though.
I have only eaten at ESPN once for lunch. ANd think we got there around 11:30 and it was not bad. But the place filled up soon afterwards. Not to capacity that I saw. But pretty full. And that was a week day.

Pop Centurion
04-18-2010, 04:56 PM
You can make ressies at BRG by calling directly but only 24 hours ahead. But this is unnecessary as it's usually not crowded.

Believe it or not but we've eaten at ESPN 2 years in a row during the first Monday Night Football game of the year and our wait was 15-20 mins. Atmosphere is great during games like that but the food choices are lacking IMO.

I don't see you having any problems during June getting in either.

DVC2004
04-18-2010, 05:12 PM
ESPN has terrible waits if there are televised sporting events going on. Personally I don't think this place is worth the wait.